• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Names

I like Jacinta or Jocelyn for a girl.

Thomas or Alexander (though the latter may be a little too popular) for a boy. The middle name will probably be either my last name or Bruce, after my dad.

This assumes I ever embark on the parenting adventure. I still have plenty of time to decide. :)

I know I wouldn't pick anything too common or too uncommon. I like classic names that don't have obnoxious nicknames - I dislike the nickname for my full name and I wouldn't want to saddle a child with that.

Congrats on the birth of your daughter, Red Haze! Sucks that you have to be away from her this long (and especially to have missed the birth) but I know you'll make up all the lost time and then some later this summer. :)

^Jacinta/Jacinda and Jocelyn are beautiful names........

I know someone that just named their daughter Ocea. (sounds just like ocean without the n) I love it!

^ I know a girl named Ocea! Canadian girl

you know when you prounounce that out loud it sounds like OSHA, the US Workforce safety regulation group?

Lulz

ANyways, If i have a boy He will be called Tyrone. I aint figured out a girl yet, there is too much complication in that. Maybe Destiny or Aaliyah or somethin. I really dont know. Adrianna i like from the sopranos to honor that italian in me haha. It depends on wat race my baby is , becuz the name got to fit right and then I will know when I see them their name. But Tyrone a definate no question.

^ I like Adrianna because the nickname is so cute. Ade. Oh, yeah, and loving her character from The Sopranos doesn't hurt my perception of the name either. lulz :)

I can understand where your coming from...loving your kids regardless of what that decide to do with their lifes. It's a very admirable thing, and I wish more parents adhered to it...

However...let's assume for the sake of argument that this study was fact (I don't agree with this study...but for the sake of argument :))

Would you still name your child one of these names, if it would potentially decrease his ability in learning?

Supporting your kids regardless of life choices is great....but 99% of the time you are not going to live up to your potential without a proper education (no high school diploma of GED)

Some people will beat the circumstances and come up from nothing...but a far greater proportion will end up with low paying jobs, and will not be able to buy the things they really want in their life....

Even worse, the bulk majority of drug addicts/prostitutes don't have an education...

Just seems to me that not caring about a childs abilty in school is almost setting them up for failure...

I'm honestly not trying to talk shit, just a little confused...

I ccame up on this post from a ways back and you know wat?

I dont have a high school education. I got a GED when i was 16.

I dont even have a job now, i collect uninsurance, but all the jobs Ive had have been low paying.

I am a drug addict (IV heroin)

I am a criminal with a felony record.

Ive been on the streets and lived in my car.

And im 22, I managed to get all that in before i turned 21 tho.

Know wat?
life gives you the knocks you gonna get regardless. If I have a kid I will strive harder than anything I ever wanted in my life to give them something better than I had.

My kid will probably grow up knowing wat its like to see fucked up shit on the street. They will probably know the feeling of goin hungry once in a while. But I will sleep on the floor and sell my bed to give my baby somethin to sleep on, I will go out every day and take bottles out of trash cans and cash them in for 5 cents a piece to get money. I will sell ever scrap of clothes I got other than the shit on my back, to have food and money to take care of them. I always lived where you had to scrape for wat you got. I been to the bottom, I can only go to the top from here.

I can keep comin up and keep tryin, the odds is against me and I keep failin and fallin, but god is always with me and he lets me know this path aint for nothin, that theres a reason behind all this, to be stronger, better, smarter, to teach others from my mistakes, and carry the wisdom of life experience from all this I been thru.

And I live up to my potential every day.

My potential is to see a old man struggle with his walker opening the door to the dunkin donuts, and holding it open for him.

My potential is to smile at the little girl I see happy with her jump rope before shes 11 or 12 and the world hits her.

My potential is to share the love I got with those who need it more than I do.

My potential is to be me, and only me, with every day and every move I make. Thats all i can be. So I think I am doin pretty damn good.

yep, Ima take me and my potential all the way to the top no matter wat it takes. And my kid will come with me. So FUCK their name. I will name my son or daughter any damn thing I please regardless, cuz I know that my blood will be in them, and my blood is the kind of blood that makes it, always, regardless and nothin can stop that.

So If I feel like when my daughter comes out that womb, that she looks beautiful, like a beautiful Qiana or a La'Shell, well then thats gonna be her name and tests be damned she gonna be my daughter and we gonna get thru, so I dont even think you are talking to me , not from the same page, we aint even on teh same CHAPTER, we aint even in the same BOOK, Damn, we in 2 different mutha fuckin LIBRARIES......