• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Names

Baby Names

My fiance and I are looking for semi-original baby names. I'd like to stray away from all the common names.

Currently our top choices are:
Boy: Laiden
Girl:Layla

I'd love some outside thoughts other than our parents, lol.

this might help: What would you NOT name your kid?

did a quick scan and didn't see either of those, but I forsee many many hours of mockery at the hands of those names...don't let your parents get the fun of naming another kid, they can make their own if they are in the naming mood :)

personally if you're looking for an uncommon yet sweet name, I'd go for Cameron, boy or girl, doesn't matter, so you don't even have to worry about anything else.

edit: link fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't let parents (or anyone else) influence what you don't name your child just because they don't like it. There are baby name books with all kinds of unheard of names in them, and websites that serve the same purpose.

I like your choices though. :)

I like the name Sophia. It isnt that common but it isnt that rare either.

They're unique alright! Layla just reminds me of Oasis' hit song though...

dreamgirlie19 said:
I like the name Sophia. It isnt that common but it isnt that rare either.

All Sophies/Sophias that I know are beautiful women! ;)

^however, i like the name Aiden (although im not sure if its spelled like this) also Spencer is a chill name, and layla is beautiful

haha.. my parents hate Laiden also..... fiance picked that one out it is growing on me. I got Layla from the Derrick and the Dominos song, I am in love with Eric Clapton. And her cousin is named Cameron so we will see, thanks for the website. And I could see Finder naming his kids Thing 1 and Thing 2 etc.=D

If you're into naming girls after songs you could always go with Rio (Duran Duran).

Aiden is very played out here now, thanks to a huge rush on that name after Sex and the City came out. Laiden is just setting that kid up for jokes later - "Hey Laiden, gonna get laid tonight?" etc.

Layla is good, there is also the alternative spelling Laila, which I think is prettier written than Layla is.

How about Lane for the boy?

Just don't go with anything common, like Jennifer, Jessica, Ryan, etc. (I am a Jen, and I have always hated it, I was one of 4 Jen's in the same class.)

hmmmmm I am a big fan of that name(Rio)..... have to see what my girl says:D

Last edited:
Dont use Jamie either...its way too common and I also dont like unisex names!

yeah an ex was named Jamie and she turned out to be a fucking whore so thats definately not a choice=D

Not nearly as bad as my name being jamie and my fiance named jamie too! 8) ;) Well his name is james but for his whole life he has gone by jamie.