• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Names

I think I can join that group of people that HATED their name as a youngster and love it now . . . Thaddeus . . . kids hate that name, teenagers think its weird, young adults think its cool as all hell . . . so yeah, there's the progression, in my experience. :D

For instance,if you heard my name you'd immediatly think of a hell-raising redneck.Which could be why i've played the part so well.:\

Anybody wanna know my name pm me.

I think I really like uncommon names. My name is pretty common, everyone knows atleast one other person with my name or so it seems atleast. I think because of that I have always thought that I would name my kids something completely original. of course, i never ever want to pop out children, but if i did i would totally name them: RocknRoll, Rocky for short for a little boy and for a girl: Dynamite, Dyna for short.

Out of interest in this topic I did a kinda test in the lounge about names and the persons interpertation of that person because of their name.Check it out.

My name rocks out with its cock out. Not only am I assuredly the only person ever with my name, it's 5 words, one hyphen and 33 characters long, plus my surname dies with me.

i'm a teacher, so there are a ton of names that i will never give my future children simply because i'll always associate them with certain former students. ::shudder::

as far as my own name... it's unusual for someone my age. it was really popular when my parents were growing up, so a lot of my mom's friends and my teachers in elementary school had the same name as me. but i was always the only kid with my name in the whole school. i never had to deal with my last initial or anything. kind of good.

LOL, i just remembered this one. One of my moms friends named her twin boys Kawamie and Kammoli. ( i dont know if that was the spelling but that was their names pronounced just like that. Like cannoli but with M's

Top this:

At my Univeristy a Botany professor named their twins Xylem and Phloem (For those who don't know Xylem and Phloem are the 2 major vascular tissues in plants). For someone with a Doctorate you'd think they'd be a little brighter. Poor kids.

Not so much about hating names, but there seem to be some common themes with me.

An example is that I have never ever been able to get along with any girl called Erin or Anna, I've met several Erins/Anna's in my time and could barely stand any of them.... and having said that, I have always gotten along famously with females whose names start with "K" (Karen, Kylie, Kym) and males whose names begin with the letter "B"(Brendan, Ben, Byron, Brad x 2).

Potentially just coincidence, potentially not.

^^NO fucciin way, i always noticed that but i thought i was straight crazy.

There is certiain names that i NEVER get along with, and certain patterns that i notice with certain names....

FOr example....

Anyone named Jess/Jessica (females) is always slightly a individual, liek just a little bit out of the norm, got a little bit of their own thing goin on, BUT
I never met a Jess that wasnt a ho. (now yal might have a diffrent definition of ho than me, but as far as im concerned, a ho is a chick who just aint too picky with what she do with her body. I known a Jess that was just your regular run of the mill highschool slut, a Jess that was a stripper, a Jess that slept around on her man when he was in jail and she was pregnant with his baby, a Jess that was a teen slut in training, u know them girls who in 5th grade are already talkin abot givin head, and a Jess (my own cuz too no doubt) who is a actual ho like hop in the car for a couple bags of dope ho. Thats all the jess'es i can think of off the top of my head riht now...

The other hand is I known a couple Jesses (male) in my life and they were/are cool as fuck.

I also get along with K names (girls) good as hell, but mines also starts wit a K.

Johns are always weird. not like crazy weird or anything outta the ordinary really but i never met a dude named john that didnt have his own personal thing goin on, a certain funny-ass hangup, or something hed always say, or shit like that...they seem to have a tinge of strange

cant think of any more now but i used to have a whole list of that shit in my head that i noticed. damn. i thougth i was the only one

I aint gonna talk about that in the thread cuz its gonna derail it completely if i do. everyone will jump on that topic and shits just gonna go off. if you really truly do wana know ask me in a PM

goatofthenever said:
Who named thier kid Lo'qua'isha?
A none too bright parent.
What kind of kid did they have?
A none too bright one.

LOL.... good call ;)

id hate 2 b called millicent, it sounds like a dogs name
matilda wud give me the shits 2 - i hav a friend called matilda and she hates it
oh and all samaras r evil in my experience and general knowledge

lacey k said:
^^NO fucciin way, i always noticed that but i thought i was straight crazy.

There is certiain names that i NEVER get along with, and certain patterns that i notice with certain names....

FOr example....

Anyone named Jess/Jessica (females) is always slightly a individual, liek just a little bit out of the norm, got a little bit of their own thing goin on, BUT
I never met a Jess that wasnt a ho. (now yal might have a diffrent definition of ho than me, but as far as im concerned, a ho is a chick who just aint too picky with what she do with her body. I known a Jess that was just your regular run of the mill highschool slut, a Jess that was a stripper, a Jess that slept around on her man when he was in jail and she was pregnant with his baby, a Jess that was a teen slut in training, u know them girls who in 5th grade are already talkin abot givin head, and a Jess (my own cuz too no doubt) who is a actual ho like hop in the car for a couple bags of dope ho. Thats all the jess'es i can think of off the top of my head riht now...

The other hand is I known a couple Jesses (male) in my life and they were/are cool as fuck.

I also get along with K names (girls) good as hell, but mines also starts wit a K.

Johns are always weird. not like crazy weird or anything outta the ordinary really but i never met a dude named john that didnt have his own personal thing goin on, a certain funny-ass hangup, or something hed always say, or shit like that...they seem to have a tinge of strange

cant think of any more now but i used to have a whole list of that shit in my head that i noticed. damn. i thougth i was the only one

you guys act like you didnt know there was alot to a name. everyone is named something for a reason.. for best examples look at old greek gods and what their names meant and what attributes they had, you then take their name changed into a modern day version and you have the craziest coincidences. example...i think it was artemis who is commenly known as the protector of life. name becomes diana...i knew a dyana who was a total vegetarian, into PETA and shit, and loved all forms of life. bleeding heart almost.

and i forgot who the god it correlated to was but then i knew a girl...melania (beautiful name too btw). has to do with darkness, the moon and nighttime, which also had to do with the emotional, irrational. this girl was crazy, is pretty much nocturnal.

you think either or their parents knew when they were born? no....but still the kids grew into their names more than they would have ever guessed.

and the "i hated my name but grew into it club"...lol. i need to be in that one too. my name is brenden and as a kid it sucked cause i was brenda :\ and then in jr high everyone else was brendon, brandon, brendan, etc... and you just want to blend in durring that time but know that im grown up i think my name is sweet. just last year was the first time ive ever met someone with the same spelling and he was just a baby..aint gotta worrry bout the competition ;)

oh, some bonus trivia...

melania, the "moon" girl...i always thought it was weird that im born a leo, which is being born "under the sun" (have no idea if my name has anything to do with the sun) and the situation is such an oppisites attract thing on a different level.

my middle name is marie, it means to supplant. i.e. fill the place of. i attract a lot of people in my life (especially men) who need me to substitute somethin' they never had in their lives, more so than most people i think. it never fails. it ain't just in my head either, i'm pretty sure thats just how it is.

Last edited:
I was talking to my sister the other day and one off her friends named her kid Hunter, little did they realize for a couple weeks after naming them the last name was 'Whiteman'. The parents finally got to thinking [duh] that when in school they would call out the childs name: Whiteman, Hunter. They ended up changing the name. Made me laugh for a couple minutes.

drug_wench said:
id hate 2 b called millicent, it sounds like a dogs name
matilda wud give me the shits 2 - i hav a friend called matilda and she hates it
oh and all samaras r evil in my experience and general knowledge

hehehe.....millicent reminds me of Malificent, the wicket witch in Sleeping Beauty ; and Samara reminds me too much of Samosas :p I'd most likely replace the S with a T ....i like the name Tamara but people mispronounce it all the time, emphasizing the 2nd rather than the first so its a bit iffy. (wouldnt want to have my child keep correcting people who mispronounce her name!) But i like the name Matilda. Its lovely and unique.

Wasn't a millicent the name of the cops in A Clockwork Orange??

Anyway I'd never want the name Brian (no offense to any Brian's here) but every Brian I've known has been a dork.

If I ever had a dog/cat/whatever I'd name him Judas.

And isn't Samara the name of the creepy little girl from The Ring?

It's a pretty name, but that movie scared the crap out of me.