• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Probation Drug Testing

rat tat tat tat

Ex-Bluelighter
I'm wondering how bad probation will be. Do they test for methadone or benzos? What exactly do they test for? What if you are getting probation for possession of methadone, will you then probably be tested or does it just cost too much for them to test?

I need to know this, because if they just test for weed/coke/meth then I'll probably just accept probation.

Nida five i presume- go on erowid to find out everything you want to know. since you were caught with the done then it is possible....benzo's you should be in the clear...but probation does suck..im sticking it out right now....good luck with your case. Check erowid for drug tests.

I've been getting high the whole time on probation with 2 drug tests a week. You will be fine. Just stay away from the methadone.

I think Methadone will show up as Opioids, and SWIM is on Parole and they test for benzos. He just shows them his bottle and they dont give him any trouble. Now..they can do a GC to see if you are taking the exact benzo prescribed. I doubt they will pay for that though. Probation tests are easy to flub.

my buddy has to pee in a cup every week so he drinks liquid stuff every week. yea its expensive but he sells pills so it kinda pays for itself. He eats so many pills a week and hasnt failed one yet

One last question, what happens if you fail a drug test on probation? Will I be sent to juvenile detention if I fail it? I don't plan on smoking weed at all, but if I failed it for coke once or twice is it possible they would send me to juvenile detention or whatever?

rat tat tat tat, please private message me and I can give you a wealth of information on the questions you've asked, and other questions you probably have not asked. I'm sure I can answer all your questions.

As for the thread, probation officers test for whatever they can. A county/city will order new drug tests about every month, and get a different kind every time. Marijuana is always tested for, with cocaine almost always on there as well. Meth and opiates are sometimes, though rarely, tested for as well. I have never heard of PCP testing, but it is completely reasonable to assume that it may pop up.

They will not test for benzos, and methadone does not trigger a pain killer test designed for codeine.

They have to test for methadone specifically. Since they know that you were in possession of methadone I would say that there is a good chance that they would test for it but who knows??

From Erowid -- http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/methadone/methadone_testing.shtml
Methadone does not show up in a basic opiate test that is part of the standard pre-employment drug test and which can detect heroin, codeine and morphine (and perhaps oxycodone, hydrocodone, and dilaudid). A Methadone specific test must be performed to detect Methadone. This test is not uncommon and is part of the second tier "extended" test done by many companies.

CreativeRandom: PCP is part of the NIDA 5. These drugs are the most commonly tested. While your County/City may have not tested for all the NIDA 5 drugs, it is very possible that another location may -- mine did.

From Erowid -- http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/testing/testing_info1.shtml#what
The NIDA 5
Federal government guidelines (by NIDA-The National Institute on Drug Abuse and SAMHSA-the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) require that companies which use commercial class drivers licenses for employees must have a testing system in place. Among other things, this required testing program must test for 5 specific categories of drugs (sometimes referred to as the "NIDA 5"). Because of this federal requirement, most drug testing companies offer a basic drug test that checks for drugs in these 5 common categories. Click on the substance name for a description of the laboratory method for detecting the substance.

1. Cannabinoids (marijuana, hash)
2. Cocaine (cocaine, crack, benzoylecognine)
3. Amphetamines (amphetamines, methamphetamines, speed)
4. Opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine)
5. Phencyclidine (PCP)

Expanded Tests
Most drug testing companies also offer an expanded test which includes a few additional drugs in the testing process. Most do not add all of these in their expanded test, but choose a different combination of 3 or 4 to add :

1. Barbiturates (Phenobarbital, Secobarbitol, Butalbital)
2. Hydrocodone (Lortab, Vicodin)
3. Methaqualone (Qualuudes)
4. Benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax, Librium, Serax, Rohypnol)
5. Methadone
6. Propoxyphene (Darvon compounds)
7. Ethanol (Alcohol)
8. MDMA (Ecstasy)

If you fail a test, it is usually up to the discretion of the P.O. although they may have to automatically revocate your probation depending on whatever guidelines they may have. They may simply increase the frequency of your tests. They may also have you attend group sessions dealing with drug use or talk to a counselor or complete some type of program OR all of the above -- which isn't any fun.

It isn't good to fail a drug test, no matter who your PO is. It is on a record. The reason I am not in prison for more than year, and at this moment, may very well be because I have never failed a drug test previously. The big deal at court was failing a drug test, but I was on a medication that specifically stated on the prescription "May alter results of a urinalysis".

If I did a half g of yay on Monday morning would I be okay for a probation test at a later time on Wednesday morning? Is there anything to flush it out of your system and be sure I'm clean?

That's tuff, i would be worried if you know you are going bring piss in with you if you want to pull it off. I don't know what kind of program you ar ein but if you fail you would just go back to juvinile court (in florida anyway it's diff up there) but uhh good luck guy. Buy the shit at GNC?

One last question: this really isn't for me but really for a friend, anyways, he's on probation for five years for a few felonies so I figure if he tests positive he's fucked. Anyways, he thought getting a whizzinator and using the clean piss he's been saving for the last few weeks he'll be able to get through his entire probation. I told him that the piss will degenerate over time and that probation officers know how to look for the whizzinator, ect.

Will he be fine or no?

if you havent had your first test yet and your lady asks u what drugs youve taken before yo ugot caught make sure you tell what youve taken if you think your gona fail. if you fail for what yo usaid you wont get in more trouble. and for my pee tests i think its just the stanard 5. probly depends on where u live

^^^ yes they usually ask what drugs you used in the past

my juvenile PO used NIDA 3