• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Acetylation of Loperamide and Methadone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smyth said:
Literature procedures nearly always use acetyl chloride/anhydride. Why would anybody go the extra mile if all they had to do was use glacial acetic acid? Discussion of synthese is a prerequisite for thread closure.

Being pompous and cryptic is a requirement of being a recognized achiever in the mainstream scientific community. ;)

Thanks a lot for the input, limpet. Very interesting indeed.

loperamide source?

What was the source of the loperamide? Pure powder? Cleaned up from OTC pills? Or just 2mg of crushed pills...

Someone who isn't me has GAA/Ac. Anhydride and thinks it would be fun to try

Limpet: Have you tried this again? How would you describe the feeling you got in terms of intensity?

Raybeez: I recommend you remove the part in your post where you admit of an international crime ;)

Jamshyd: What crime? I see no mention of O-acetyl loperamide on my country's list of controlled substances... unless it has some other common name that I'm not aware of. Besides, if you read my post, I was talking about someone who isn't me...

Jamshyd said:

Raybeez: I recommend you remove the part in your post where you admit of an international crime ;)

I doubt the SWIM tricks work, lol.

I was refering to a particulat anhydride you menioned, not the loperamide. This is actually illegal in international law, and chances are you live in a country that is a UN member.

Jamshyd, it was not THAT intense, I only did a very small trial dose, and I used GAA, rather than AA, although, I might just have to build a ketene lamp to "upgrade" my GAA to AA.

More self-incrimination... ;) (Unless GAA stands for "Groovy Alcoholics Anonymous" and AA stands for "Alcholics Anonymous".. then its understanble :D)

Thanks for the input though.

^What the fuck are you talking about? There is no law against acetic anhydride.

I was under the impression that Acetic Anhydride is a watched substance. Maybe "crime" is the wrong word to use, but claiming that you have Acetic Anhydride is certainly not the wisest thing to do over the intenet.

Admittedly, people think opiate when they hear the AA word. The same could be said for piperidine and 'narcotic'. They are buzz-words.

But i'd just like to add that they are not xompletely drug realted chemicals as something like safrole P2P and such chemicals would be.

Actually, I do not think "opiate" when I hear AA, but unfortuanately most drug agencies will think so. AA is a watched chemical, reason being that your avarage-joe only has one business messing with AA: To make Heroin.

GAA is actually pretty often called for as a solvent for many reactions, and for certain reductions, iron powder in GAA being used.

GAA has too many uses to be considered drug related, narcotic related much less.

But assuming one purchases AA, that would imply they already have morphine. Most people do not. Well unless they reside in Afghanistan.

Im not gonna get dragged into a legal discussion though. All im saying is that acetic anhydride has multiple uses. It can even be used in P2P manufacture for an off the wall example. Its also very popular as a protecting group is sugar chemistry.

I did not want start a legal discussion either, just thought I'd warn against legal pitfalls. Admitting you have AA publicly on the net is dangerous for you, period.

P2P is watched as well, I believe. lol.

And good luck convincing the feds that you're a sugar chemist! ;)

Smyth, do you mean the P2P route via manganese acetate trihydrate/benzene? I have been curious about that one for a while now, as C6H6 is so easily obtainable.

In Australia, along with pyridine and other more "drug specific chemicals", acetic anhydride is included as a category 1 substance in the Code of Practice for Supply Diversion into Illicit Drug Manufacture. This means the buyer must be an account holder, and is also required to sign an EUD (end user declaration) upon purchase. In some instances - at least with the company I deal with most - staff will sign the form on the customers behalf.

Code of Practice for Supply Diversion into Illicit Drug Manufacture

Although chem suppliers are not (yet) required by law to follow these guidelines, most do so.

To be honest AA does not suprise me that it is list 1, since it has traditionally been used in heroin manufacture and still is used for this purpose.

The only reason I said its not that bigger issue is there are around 30 tons heroin produced annually, all of it coming from the far east. Thus I guessed that AA might be metaphorically attached to heroin manufacture, although a westerner purchasing this chemical is unlikely to be cooking heroin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.