• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best Drug Rumors/Myths Ever!

I'm surprised at how many rumours are, not necessarily that there are so many rumours around per se, but more the fact about how many people - who are supposed to be "high up in the drug game" (8( :\ :p) and yet are quick willingly/freely spew this crap, without even doing (even "a quick") google/wiki/asking for evidence! Like, seriously? double-u, tee, eff? If you're (like I said before) supposed to be heavily "in the game" (again, eye's roll whenever I hear someone phrase it like that) or a dealer/been using recreational drugs for a decent (and I have a few people "in mind" even as I'm typing this so I could say probably about 4ish [or so] years! :!) amount of time!

Actually gets me (and I'm sure many others would agree here. at least I hope so considering this is is HR/HM forum!) pretty mad! :! Like I personally don't expect them to have, say my level of knowledge* but, seriously, come on! You really don't know what MDx is (and you're supposed to be a "dealer")? It mostly gets me mad not (necessarily) because they're putting their own lives in risk - that their choice! - however it does give "us" (responsible drug users) a bad name!

Meh, best I (read: we all) can/should do is try to educate them as much as possible (although that's not always possible as some just will flatly/out-right refuse to listen to reason! Guh!

/end rant/ 8(

*i wanna put a disclaimer on this since I don't really wanna be flamed at all - I by no means think that I know it all, but I think I still have a decent amount of pharma-/med knowledge, I can hold my own when talking to someone in the "med profession" (and often do, thanks to all my buddies! ;) ).

That if you have sex on ecstasy you'll never be able to have an orgasm again without it. D: Haha...

I can't remember whether that rumor was student-led or taught to us in health class, but I definitely heard it circulate around my high school years ago.

My friend refuses to try LSD because he claims it's a known fact that once you try it you can slip into a trip at any point in your life at a completely random time...

I would love it if that were true!

Lol a lot of people here think lsd makes holes in your brain, too. I think they're thinking of dxm and olney's lesions/vacuolization... Or somebody had a bad fuckin trip.

I remember being told by my health teacher in middle school that young men smoking cannabis can result in their growing breasts...
Ha i heard that to i also heard that smoking weed can kill you the first time 8o

My friend refuses to try LSD because he claims it's a known fact that once you try it you can slip into a trip at any point in your life at a completely random time...

Actually that one is no myth.

In my AP psych class we were trying to identify drugs by there effects. Here's what the teacher said was right.

LSD:
Makes you hungry
Makes time go slow
Used for glaucoma

Weed:
Intensified colors
Panic attacks
Odd thoughts

Cocaine:
Causes lung, throat, mouth cancer
Suppresses appetite

Tobacco:
Causes nose bleeds
Can cause heart attacks.

I was just likkkke no way man and told him off.

Lol that was my first thought....the fosters beer LSD !!!! I'm from Colorado I don't know how far that went!! Also H in X and snorting pills (mostly made of filler and Tylenol which may work after a line so big that when you get near it it voids you iPad warranty !)

Lol a lot of people here think lsd makes holes in your brain, too. I think they're thinking of dxm and olney's lesions/vacuolization... Or somebody had a bad fuckin trip.

I think that is said about ecstasy. They show scans of a brain that has used it a lot, and there are "darker" areas. These are not holes though, but are just areas with lower activity (or something of that nature).

Actually that one is no myth.

Do you have any sources that say that you can randomly trip years later after taking LSD once? Myths are created by people passing on misinformation. You should always do some research before passing on information, as you may be continuing the spread of a myth.

"A legend which falsely instills a fear of a non-existent effect of LSD is that the body stores crystallized LSD in spinal fluid or in fat cells, which at some point dislodges and causes horrific flashbacks, perhaps years later.[25]

This legend may have its foundation in the fact that chronic use can result in persistent psychosis and hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (HPPD).[26] However, all of these conditions are now considered to be psychological phenomena and not due to drug residues." *Source*

Last edited:

Maybe it would be fun at first, but believe it or not there are some things in life you shouldn't be high for.

Me: Man, I'd really like to drop acid, what about you, Kyle?
Kyle my classmate: Yeah man, but that shit takes 70 years off your life
Me:......

yesterday a girl told me with a straight face that she knew a guy that died after drinking, doing oxy, mdma, and lsd because when you drink alcohol when you're rolling, it creates an acid in your stomach and kills you.

I remember having discussions about my brainwashed mother as a kid. I remember her saying this about LSD: You can only have one good trip on acid, so users will keep upping their dose to try and get another trip.

She also thought that taking LSD once would make you addicted.

I know, man. It's so stupid. The worst part is that my mom actually believes that too. It'd be nice if people would actually do intelligent research before acting like they know all about a drug.

I know, man. It's so stupid. The worst part is that my mom actually believes that too. It'd be nice if people would actually do intelligent research before acting like they know all about a drug.
Except when even after you explain it to them and show them this research they still disregard it and continue to think they are correct

Except when even after you explain it to them and show them this research they still disregard it and continue to think they are correct

I hate that. I've had those types of conversations with my friends and given backed up proof. And they just think they're right. *sigh*

What about supposed psychoactive effect's from (mortician's) embalming fluid/formaldehyde?
I'm under the impression, "embalming fluid" was/is slang for PCP, but people got confused by this and began consuming real embalming fluid (which is very toxic), or mixing it with PCP.
A friend of my recently told me he smoked "love boat," which he believed to be embalming fluid (as in mortician's), and began describing the effects, all of which are common to PCP. I looked up a bunch of info for him, but he became fixated on one sentence that said "even IF it did anything..." ("See? IF. It's possible.").
I've never done PCP, and don't know much about it from personal experience or anything; anything I know about this is from my own research. Please correct me if I'm wrong on anything.