• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best Drug Rumors/Myths Ever!

HoobastankRules

Bluelighter
Hey all, I wanted to start a thread to see what kind of crazy drug rumors there were out there. I did a lil searchin and could only find threads on specific drugs and their related rumors... so as long as it hasn't already been done a long time ago and I missed it... lets hear em!

I suppose I should start with something

I remember back in high school some older dude telling me ecstacy was made up of heroin and cocaine and all these other things

And I still hear to this day that lsd stays in your spine for life... gosh i love arguing with people about those types of things....

Sounds like a good thread but you should have put this in Drug Culture.

I'll share one though
"If you do more then 4 "500 milligram" Vicodins your heart stops"
Most kids back in high school where to stupid to know they where just 5 Hydrocodone and 500 APAP. Luckely I was informed along with my circle of friends and would commonly trade "500mg Vicodins" for Oxycodone 20's.

-I remember also hearing back in the day that smoking pot killed brain cells.....

im pretty sure just about anything can do that though so thats a pretty funny one to me
i mean, if we are gonna have a brain cell killing epidemic, cell phones to me, without knowing too much about their effects on your head seem like the most logical thing to attack.... they are practically drugs too, raise your hand if u can't stop using yours 20+ times a day or if you had to go without? Not to mention all the car accidents caused by DWT (driving while talking)!

-ooooh and in my drugs and society class last semester, this is a good one, the term crack baby is most likely based of myth, as mothers who were crack users when the child was born and/or raising a baby couldn't really afford to give the child the necessary nutrients to develop properly, because she didn't eat properly, she spent her money on things other than food, etc.... the study ended up showing that the crack epidemic of the late 80s and early 90s was pretty politically motivated and quite misguided. In fact, non crack using poor mother's children showed basically identical problems as the alleged crack babies. Somewhat surprising.

time to knock some girls up n have a crack party!
yay for propaganda
(once again im not actually saying people should go out and smoke crack unless you really want to, and then share with barney n friends. PS - I like to be sarcastic.... but yea, hit that pipe and pass it!)

both from a pretty naive girl.

-That there's bars where they "put ecstacy in your drink, behind the bar, without you knowing it. 8o" I was quite tempted to ask which bar this was.

-That once you do a drug once, you need rehab.

lsd stays in your spine forever,and when u crack ur back, you trip

that would be pretty cool

iamhigh!! said:
lsd stays in your spine forever,and when u crack ur back, you trip

that would be pretty cool

"Yo dude crack my back!"

A friend of mine made me promise I'd never try LSD because it makes your brain bleed. I doubt that's true but even if it is I still wanna try acid :p

Valium will give you a heart attack. Heh glad I'm not in hs anymore, ill prolly say the same in a year when i grad college. anyway, all sorts of crazy drug rumors went hround my school

The Purple Haze rumor is by far the most annoying to me. When I was slanging I would try to be honest with people, I said "Look, I've got some beasters." and the kid would say "I'll buy Mothers Milk, Purple Haze, or Jack Herer". I'm like "You're a fucking idiot, weed is weed". Another rumor is that coedine is good, but you have to sniff it to get effects. Hell this is a rumor in itself in our school, that sniffing a drug automatically makes it better, I'm too lazy to correct anyone. It seems like everyone is fucking retarded, people snorting things like Klonopin or telling me to snort Methadone.

- Do LSD 7 times and you're legally insane.
- Strychnine in LSD. I've heard this one a ton of times.

Here's some marijuana myths taken from:
http://www.marijuana.com/myths.php3

Marijuana use is increasingly drastically.
Marijuana potency is much higher than it was before.
Marijuana is physically addictive.
Marijuana is a gateway drug. (Come on we all know you drank alcohol or caffeine waaaaaayyyy before you smoked pot.)

^ Purple haze was a strain of weed developed in the 60's, my first girlfreind's mom actually helped develop it

My favorite myth:

Out in the middle of nowhere in the midwest or california is a giant silo full of acid because there is one guy out there with a huge lab that produces practically all of it in the world.

When acid stopped coming around as frequently, people i know explained it by the fact that dude must have been busted.

That if you do heroin once you are automatically physically addicted for life.

yucatanboy said:
^ Purple haze was a strain of weed developed in the 60's, my first girlfreind's mom actually helped develop it

My favorite myth:

Out in the middle of nowhere in the midwest or california is a giant silo full of acid because there is one guy out there with a huge lab that produces practically all of it in the world.

When acid stopped coming around as frequently, people i know explained it by the fact that dude must have been busted.

actually it was two old hippy guys in kansas turning out like 2 pounds of lsd every 6 or 8 months and they did get busted. its not a myth. i read a news report online about it.

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/states/newsrel/sanfran112403.html

^
that is actually one of the reasons acid has been so hard to find the past few years. unfortunetly not a myth at all, after those guys got busted apparantly a lot of the higherups got freaked out and took a vacation and the acid that was being produced there was obviously unavaible.

One that I laugh at...

7th grade health class...

alcoholics drink cough syrup because it contains trace amounts of alcohol in it.

Methinks they take it to robotrip not for the alcohol.

pot kills brain cells (heard this in ap calc)

e puts holes in ur brain

e makes your spinal fluid drain

"i know you're into drugs. whatever you do, dont try ecstasy. one hit can kill ya!"

use acid 7 times and ur legally insane

and others

One myth I used to get all the time was that weed is stronger now then it was 20, 30 years ago.... and therefore, it's much more dangerous.

Another is that if you take acid you're almost guaranteed to have a bad trip and do something drastic (people usually claim you'll rip your flesh off).

Of course, the most stygmatized drug is heroin. Even within the drug culture the stygma persists. Such things as "once you try heroin, you're addicted," "heroin can only be IV'd," and "most users don't even like heroin but they keep taking it so they don't get withdrawls."

One that always gets me is that cocaine is the most addictive substance known. I find this quite ironic seeing as how it's not physically addictive at all.