• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best Drug Rumors/Myths Ever!

Every time you take acid you kill a piece of your brain the size of a 20 cent piece [a large coin for those not familar with Aus currancy] If this were even remotly true I'd be a vegetable, but it probably explains the dodgy spelling!!

oh another one I heard was that snow-cones [pot and speed or hammer] are actcually just pot and rat bait and you get 'stoned' cause of the internal hemoraging in your brain?!

The good old "Pot turns people into raving murdering maniacs AND unable to move because of a lack of motivation" always brings a smile to my face.

#2 has some truth in it but #1? Maybe I never got to that point because I didn't IV the shit. =D

Drug Prank

I ran a prank-pulling club in highschool. We invented a fake drug with absurd and hilarious side effects along with the different ways in which it was administered (we decided that #1 was going to be lollypop dip, so we went around with lollypops, easy enough). We spread rumours around campus and wore sunglasses and pretended to pretty much worship this fake drug. The rumour became so big that other people started to pretend they did it too. Not even kidding, sadly (I went to a highschool with a bunch of dumbasses before homeschooling). The unfortunate side effect was our tarnished reputations--rather than being cool many people just thought of us as drug addled, eccentric and attention-seeking teenagers, which wasn't far from the truth any way :D

Suity said:
My friend last night told me that the way LSD works is that it either makes your brain bleed so you hallucinate or your brain smashes itself against your skull. He's an intelligent guy so I don't know why he is so gullible and believes this stupid shit it really pisses me off. Can someone please tell me how LSD works on the brain so I can explain to him?

How the fuck would your brain smash itself against your skull?? Your friend is a moron. And brain bleeding? Doesn't realize that when people are in car accidents or something like that and they have blood on their brain they are rushed to the hospital and operated on immediately? If that was true, most people who did acid once would be dead.

Print this stuff out and show it to him. It explains how we think LSD works, but if he thinks that LSD makes your brain smash itself against your skull he probably can't read so you may have to read it to him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lsd#Pharmacodynamics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_urban_legends

I once tried starting a rumor that this kid in my town was selling "fagweed". Yup. The story was, some kid smoked two blunts to the head, then him and his boy spent the night trickin' each other off. Watch out for the fagweed, unless you're into that.

A lot of people I know think that if they pick up coke and it is all in one big rock, that it has to be AWESOME quality (as if it were cut right off a brick of pure). "Look at this shit, it's all rock man!" I have told them time and time again that with rerocking agents/substances you can make a bunch of cut garbage into a rock, but they never seem to catch on...:\

Jefftildeath said:
I once tried starting a rumor that this kid in my town was selling "fagweed". Yup. The story was, some kid smoked two blunts to the head, then him and his boy spent the night trickin' each other off. Watch out for the fagweed, unless you're into that.

Oh man, that is some funny ass shit. I have heard the awesome rumor that ecstasy can turn you gay, but I have never encountered the "fagweed." =D

Nagelfar said:
This is I believe from evidence of it causing Olney’s Lesions in rats. Though it hasn't been found in to cause such in humans, like DXM & PCP have.

Though, I don't see how people can discount evidence causing some effect in the brains of rats for one thing (Olney’s Lesions & MDMA) but show evidence in rats for something else as true-to-fact when it's positive (Marijuana & brain nerve growth)

Another case of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

There HAS NEVER, EVER BEEN A PROVEN CASE of olney's lesions in a human being- whether from PCP, DXM, Ketamine, N2O or MDMA.

only in rats.

the DXM in cough syrup can be used to make meth. and that's why you get high off it -- it's related to meth.

the little brown skins on peanuts contain trace amounts of THC and you can actually get some decent smoke if you're dedicated.

Ham-milton said:
Another case of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

There HAS NEVER, EVER BEEN A PROVEN CASE of olney's lesions in a human being- whether from PCP, DXM, Ketamine, N2O or MDMA.

only in rats.

Based on whatever retracted or otherwise information (I don't post anything without looking it up and double checking first) which I received that from, it still remains there is some evidence of some kind of "holes in brain" to mammals, which in the context of this thread makes it at least not some outlandish, off-the-wall, from left-field rumor. Which was what I was getting at. Definitely not to the degree of "Not knowing what someone is talking about".

Anyone else get mild hallucinations while perfectly sober, not dissimilar to the mild hallunciations from lsd, simply waving walls, or melting almost patterns?
This is what I think people are referring to when talking about acid flashbacks, and some people just jump to conclusions thinking that you get the whole trip back if you do acid once.

Also hearing people saying your brain bleeds, heroine laced pills, holes in your brain, :SD in your spine, are all cmmon ones I have heard and even beliveed at one point in my life.
With drug propaganda so easily found, and it so hard to find legimate sources of information or places to ask drug questions when curious, it is easy to see where these come from.

Someone wanted to tell me that the reason why you feel so great on ecstasy is that your brain bleeds.(Yeah sure brain bleeding just is so good and makes you fell incredibly happy, damn I laughed so hard at that.)
A yeah and one pill causes pakinson and every few minutes someone dies cause of ecstasy.
The guy really had no fucking clue.

Some dumb ass chik thinks that there is heroin in e pills. I dont even think she has ever rolled b4.8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I'm gonna have to go with the whole banana peels schtick... yeah I tried it once, and my mom came home when I was in the middle of the preparation.

"............why in the hell are you roasting banana peels?"

That was a FUN fucking situation to explain. LOL ahhh, to be 14 again.

These are all from the same girl:

Weed is not marijuana, its cigarettes with cocaine mixed in.
Pot is like PCP, except its called pot because it puts holes in your brain.
Hash is the most addictive drug there is.
Weed, pot and hash aren't all marijuana.
Smoking weed is worse for you than drinking alcohol.
Weed makes you have sex in dirty gross bathrooms and take meth.

After that conversation I swapped the brownie she was eating for one of my hash brownies.

smoking a cigarette after you smoke pot will make you 33% more stoned. lol my friend told me that as if it were truly a well-documented and researched fact.

marijuana is a form of LSD. (my high school history teacher senior year stated that).

Strayphoenix said:
Weed makes you have sex in dirty gross bathrooms and take meth.

No, no. Meth makes you have sex in dirty gross bathrooms and take meth

my personal favorite - "One ecstasy pill can kill you!"
I also love the "they can detect lsd forever because it stays in your spinal fluid!"