• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best Drug Rumors/Myths Ever!

^^^ Slightly agree, but with MDx. Compared with others on here I haven't "been in the game" that long. But even I can see a degradation of pill quality over the last 10 years.....then I speak with someone who remembers 20 years ago and say the same thing.

Even if this is true (I'm not saying that it is either way or not :) ), I'm pretty sick of hearing it.

Give it another 10 years and the current 18 years olds will be "I remember when". ;)

stupid myths you have heard concerning weed

so ED has a thread similar, what stupid myths and "facts" have you heard about cannabis?

i'll list 2 of my faves:

1.white widow has cocaine injected into the soil when it is growing, that is why it is so strong

2. eating cannabis seeds makes you impotent (this came from one of my more higher educated friends so i was very surprised he came out with this)

The classic if you smoke weed your entire life/career is over...

Which was actually forced upon me and some friends when his dad busted us years ago, guessing he was wrong though seeing as that friend went on to get sraight A's and fuck off to uni

Some common topics that get me:

1. "Weed isn't a hallucinogen and never induces panic attacks or "the fear""
2. "Pot smoke is non-damaging"
3. THC vs THCA vs 11-nor-9-THC-COOH and edibles, "activating" weed etc...
4. Anything to do with smoking too much weed or Spice and then having trouble functioning
5. "Aluminum screens/pipes/foil gives you Alzheimers!"
6. Using vodka or soda as bongwater
7. Strong sativa strains are "laced" with "PCP" or "acid".

This, isn't really CD material...I'm going to send it over to DC as I think it fits better there, mods do as you will when it arrives :)

CD --> DC

Some common topics that get me:

1. "Weed isn't a hallucinogen and never induces panic attacks or "the fear""
2. "Pot smoke is non-damaging"
3. THC vs THCA vs 11-nor-9-THC-COOH and edibles, "activating" weed etc...
4. Anything to do with smoking too much weed or Spice and then having trouble functioning
5. "Aluminum screens/pipes/foil gives you Alzheimers!"
6. Using vodka or soda as bongwater
7. Strong sativa strains are "laced" with "PCP" or "acid".

Wait so aluminum doesnt give you Alzheimer's?

I've heard various versions of "smoking out of cans gives you Alzheimers". Some of them claimed it was due to the aluminum, others that it was the plastic/whatever material is used to line the inside of the cans.

i can't even think of any known myth's relevant to the topic of marijuana. that's kind of strange, you would think there would be many. i guess the typical one would be that it inflicts brain damage. i'm sure if you smoke yourself to death brain damage could occur, but if you're a moderate user you don't really have to worry about fucking yourself up. weed is rather healthy in a way, i would consider it the least toxic drug. don't overdo it and you won't have to worry about it causing any harm.

LSDMDMA&9670618 said:
that weed is harmless

that was a clever comment, at least you're not the type who is in constant denial of the possible harms of pot. weed can definitely backfire, you just can't push it too far. if you push it too far, it's like you're playing with fire. your memory will shitify down to nothing, you will feel a consistent 'drained' feeling. you don't wana start fucking up your mind powers just because you can't control your weed binging. don't take advantage of it, and it won't take advantage of you.

I'm gonna merge this with another thread in here about drug myths.

Merged

i've heard acid makes your spine poke the back of your brain, making the blood drip onto your spine which makes you trip. some bullshit obviously. it also makes your brain bleed. shrooms make your brain swell. E puts holes in your brain. acid is highly neurotoxic. you cant even OD on dat shit?

I remember being told by my health teacher in middle school that young men smoking cannabis can result in their growing breasts...

I was super scared the first time I thizzed out.
I swear i have heard most of these, there sure are some gullible people out there.
You cant get high off suboxne.
You will never be able to be happy after you take extcacy or happier than before you took it.