• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Best Drug Rumors/Myths Ever!

that if you inject heroin with an air bubble in it, the bubble will travel through your veins to your heart causing it to explode.

I heard smoking weed makes girls grow hair on their chests. That is what my health teacher would tell us

^^ I hope it's just the explody part you're referencing, as air bubbles in syringes can kill.

"do you want the 500, 750, or 1000 mg Vicodin?" if i had a dollar for everytime someone tried to sell me a vicodin 500 or 1000

"alcoholics drink cough syrup because it contains trace amounts of alcohol in it." - well if dumasses count then iv seen it happen even mouth wash

"Marijuana use is increasingly drastically.
Marijuana potency is much higher than it was before."- yea um first one may or may not be true, but i do know mj is the most commonly abused illigal substance in the us, and mj is bread to be stronger than the stuff u would have seen in the 60's -i thought that one is common knoledge

that if you inject heroin with an air bubble in it, the bubble will travel through your veins to your heart causing it to explode.

william burroughs said if an air bubble could kill, there wouldnt be a junky alive

-the thought that drugs are somhow just plain evil, and imorral all to gether. -also ppl that think persciptions r ok to abuse because they r not addictive or dangerous.

-mdma will kill u , i mean it can but last time i cheacked it was 1 out of 100,000 that actully died from mdma itself

-if u do drugs u support terorist, shit every time u buy gas were do u think that money goes

-weed makes u crazy, ill take my chances

-only minorities or poor ppl sell/do drugs. this one was a common perseption at my hs(predometly white) wen in all honesty it was the rich white kids that had the drug problems not beeing rasist just honest

^^ I hope it's just the explody part you're referencing, as air bubbles in syringes can kill.

Damn it, it has totally fallen out my left ear, but the amount of air within a syringe before it's fatal is more than you (I :) ) would think. Also depends whether is a venous line or arterial.

Damn memory. :!

When I was about 8 years old, I saw a woman on a talk show speaking of her lifelong addiction to marijuana caused by only smoking it once.

I haven't read all completely through this thread, in the process of actually, and this may have already been debunked. But, the one where someone had a few sheets on them, they got wet and they trip, this is possible isn't it? People do it, it's called a "fingerprint"? Obviously not to the extent that they forever thought they were a glass of orange juice, but they could still trip.

Methadone rumors really bug me. Even though every MMT clinic has pamphlets full of myths vs the facts, they continue to be spread by users, MMT patients and the media/laypersons:

-Methadone was named for Adolf Hitler and was originally called "Adolphine" (this is spread as fact by the "Church Of Scientology" for whatever thats worth 8))

-Methadone rots your bones

-Methadone causes you to get cavaties, rots your gums, makes you lose your teeth

-Methadone is more addictive than Heroin

Then all of the lovely Bupe myths:

-There are no withdrawals when you quit taking Buprenorphine

-Buprenorphine works better than Methadone

-It is pointless to use more than 8mg a day (for all my friends in OD who love them little doses :))

-Buprenorphine is not addictive

Painkiller myths have been covored pretty well here. Some more:

-Ibuprofen gets you high (a girl I knew in highschool repeatedly took prescription Ibuprofen in the same manner she did Percocet, Vicodin, etc and reported similar effects)

-OxyContin is synthetic Heroin

-Sharing a needle with someone will give you AIDS/Hep (regardless of whether the person you share a needle with has said disease :))

When I was younger I heard that a woman on LSD tore her face off because she hallucinated a spider on it. I believed it at the time, but now I seriously doubt that its legit.

The whole "natrual vs artificial" bullshit too. Don't these people understand that "artificial" is just extracts of "natural" drugs!? Putting faith into "natural" drugs being healthier then "artificial" is along the same lines of homeopathy which is also total bullshit.

i dont know if this one has been said, i only got halfway through the thread...

if you smoke the "beanies" in pot, you will become sterile

Don't these people understand that "artificial" is just extracts of "natural" drugs!?

Umm, that's not true. I think when people say "artificial" they're referring to synthetic drugs. As a posed to "natural" drugs - drugs grown (opium/marijuana/etc.). For example, opioids vs. opiates.

-Sharing a needle with someone will give you AIDS/Hep (regardless of whether the person you share a needle with has said disease )

anyone over the age of 18 who believes this, needs to go back to high school health... but regardless, it is still not the most sanitary thing, so it's a good habit to avoid. same goes with sharing straws.

Umm, that's not true. I think when people say "artificial" they're referring to synthetic drugs. As a posed to "natural" drugs - drugs grown (opium/marijuana/etc.). For example, opioids vs. opiates.

:p

What makes opiods inherently safer then opiates?

:p

What makes opiods inherently safer then opiates?

No, I didn't mean they were safer. Just saying that artificial doesn't mean "extracts", it means they're synthetic. I agree with you that it doesn't make them any safer :)

(I was being pedantic with the definition =D )

In regards to coughing will "get you higher", I heard that by coughing it opens up the bronchi more and that is how you get higher. Not sure how this would work since by the time you've coughed and smoke would have already left the lunges?

anyone over the age of 18 who believes this, needs to go back to high school health... but regardless, it is still not the most sanitary thing, so it's a good habit to avoid. same goes with sharing straws.

ummm, ok, so you probably won't get hep c but your probably going to get some kind of infection from reusing a needle, unless of course you bleached it, (and lets be fair, how many people think of that when doing heroin, no this isn't rhetorical, I actually want to know)

also, I have pretty good reason to believe some of those acid horror stories are true, a close friends dad (who loved sharing stories about his college days) told us about a roomie who frequently and heavily used mushies snapping one day (night) and attempting to stab him to stop "voices", but that could easily be due to a pre-existing condition, and like I said he used mushies heavily

also I hate it when people talk about songs which are "scientifically" tuned to cause you to hallucinate or experience the effects of a specific drug...... not really related but still....

ummm, ok, so you probably won't get hep c but your probably going to get some kind of infection from reusing a needle, unless of course you bleached it, (and lets be fair, how many people think of that when doing heroin, no this isn't rhetorical, I actually want to know)

While my official position is to never reuse needles, always get fresh rigs for every shot..

I rarely used fresh needles, routinely threw away needles, only to run out of money to buy a fresh pack, and dig through the garbage to retrieve old rigs. Dropped rigs on the floor and re-used. In short I've used a lot of downright filthy used needles and never contracted an infection. Same goes for those I used with.

I never felt comfortable with 'bleaching' a needle. Some alcohol solution would probably work better at killing bacteria anyway (ethanol, methanol, iso, etc). Not that I ever did that either.