I was just wondering how bad it is to make tea with moldy pods. I have come across two kinds of mold on the pods, black mold, and grey dusty mold on the inside. It just pisses me off so bad how expensive pods are already and then I get a package in which 20% of the giganthemums are moldy. Ill bet in India for one penny you could get the same amount of pods you would pay $150 for here in the US. Its like the sellers dont have the decency to just throw away and not sell the moldy pods, they have to make money off the useless ones also.
I made a tea in which I couldnt see any noticably visible mold but the pods and tea have a strong odor. I just hope I can drink it without getting serious brain damage or having a toxic reaction. I just dont want to waste the money and time it took to make the tea. Also, is there a way to consume the moldy pods so I dont just have to throw them away?