Bluelight

Thread: Any tips for snorting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Any tips for snorting? 
    As in, making your nose absorb more and have less become caked on the inside of your nose and turn into snot/booger/mucus/whatever?

I know Vicks makes this vapor thing for your nose, does that help beforehand? In between lines?

2. Collapse Details

Vicks, thats a good idea, I may try it, although I may try Karvol, I remember that was always more effective for colds as a kid. Thanks for the tip!

3. Collapse Details

clean your nose nice and thoroughly, if your nosing insane amounts your bound to get caked from dryness in your nostrils. I have found if I did fast hard lines I would have less lingering inside my nose...clean nose and do the lines fast to suck up the substance...have fun

4. Collapse Details
    Answer... 
    Bluelighter
    Very easy solution. If you must insufflate [as opposed to plugging], simply prepare your dose as you would an injection. Then, in tiny increments, very slowly take it up your nostril.Many like to use eye droppers. Alot of what ends upcaked around your nose are adulterants.

5. Collapse Details
    eh 
    Bluelighter
    Maybe my nose is severly screwed up.. because the inside is always dry and i barely have any mucous at all.. so i guess snorting is a waste of time.. not to mention no matter how i snort it always hits the back of my throat...

6. Collapse Details

^^yeah i hate that when it goes cxlean past your nose right to your throat, ughhh the worst

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rachamim18
    Very easy solution. If you must insufflate [as opposed to plugging], simply prepare your dose as you would an injection. Then, in tiny increments, very slowly take it up your nostril.Many like to use eye droppers. Alot of what ends upcaked around your nose are adulterants.
    Could you explain a bit more on how this works. I've done this with heroin only.

8. Collapse Details

If it's getting back to your throat you're snorting too big of lines.

9. Collapse Details

i use a saline solution between lines to clear it out. keeps it moist and stops it from being sore the next day. its like 5 bucks for a bottle at the pharmacy

10. Collapse Details
    Explanation... 
    Bluelighter
    Easy to do. If you are insufflating anything larger than a so called "one on one" then you are simply wasting too much material. The tiny vessels in your nostril can only absorb so much powder at a time. The rest heads on down to the GI tract and is then wasted[well, at least 85% is, but usually alot more]. You want to insufflate only as much as your vessels can absorb. Additonally, if you do not convert your powder intoliquid, all the adulterants will keep the good stuff from being absorbed as much as they should.

11. Collapse Details

I think I did waste a lot of material. I am sad...

If I do say 200-300mg in one fat line, do I get better absorption than doing that same amount in multiple lines, or will some still cake?

Like, can I sort of 'shock' my nose into absorbing it all before caking and going mucosy and being a little bitch if I do it all in one line?

12. Collapse Details

rachamim18, what's a "one-on-one"?

To answer the question, don't know much about snorting but I read this at the lycaeum:

Insofar as cocaine use is concerned, I have - after many years of foolishly self-destructive behavior discovered a very nice way to do coke. Take a nasal decongestant sprayer bottle, empty it. take a small amount of powdered cocaine - 1/4 to 1/2 a gram - and dissolve it in maybe a cubic inch of water. add a drop or two of vodka or other ethanol. stir it. the cocaine dissolves into the water, leaving the cut(s) on the bottom, a side benefit I didn't originally anticipate. pour the solution - a 7% solution, if I may offer a nickname - into yon vile vial, and apply to your nasal cavities, judiciously.

If overfilled, you will get a jet of solution. otherwise, you get a nice mix of solution and air in a mist that dissolves easily into your nasal passages, with consequent bodily effects approximately equivalent to a cup of coffee. this is advantageous for many, many reasons ...

1. No waste. you get exactly what your body can absorb, and no crumbs clinging to your nasal passages and falling down your front. you don't get so much that the effect borders on toxicity, as you do when doing lines. and you can make a 1/2 gram last up to a week, in this fashion.
    2. No paraphernalia. this fits nicely into a night bag with toothbrush or toothpaste, and is bust-free, in the car, on one's person, at one's desk, or crossing international borders. no razors, no straws, no mirrors, no 'bullets' or little brown vials waiting to fall out of your pocket.
    3. No addictive sequence. it's much easier to forego tooting when using at this level, and put it aside for the night, instead of staying up 'til the wee hours. and it combines with being productive about the same way that coffee does.( I have also applied small amounts of methamphetamine in this fashion, with similar low-impact effects).
    Not sure if there's any benefit to adding alcohol to the solution? Anyway, if you want stronger effects than "a cup of coffee" presumably you can just put more in the sprayer.

13. Collapse Details
    Replies... 
    Bluelighter
    A "one on one" simply a dose the size of a green pea, in each nostril.

As for as the bottle dropper...There isno need to so nay such ting if you are seeking to purify it. Water is fine but in order to really purify it you should do a second solvent wash , as not all adulterants are soluble in water, etc.

Using a nasal spray bottle to dose the liquified substance is cool. In fact, ifpressed for time, I would simply prepare the substance as I would for injection. For coke , that simplymeans liquifying it at a rate [approximately] 1 cc of water per 100 mgs. of coke [same ratio for heroin]. For coke you should never heat it [with heroin you isially need to]. Just drop a filter into the "cooker"and then draw up the liquified substance.

As for the possiblebenefit of ethanol in the listed process, not really. You are basically talking about a miniscule amount. Just liquify properly and administer the same way.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by -=ReD-hAzE=-
    If it's getting back to your throat you're snorting too big of lines.
    Sometimes that is the case, but not always.. After doing some lines(which I rarely do) no matter what I snort it'll partly fall on my tongue. This often causes an instant gag effect, funny

Anyway, what I use sometimes is an eye dropper filled with water, to get some remaining contaminants(esp binders if you snort pills! which is stupid but I realise that's being hypocrite) out of there..

Question : everytime after snorting big amounts of powder I have lots of phlems(I think that's what it's called; the snot in your lungs) which is probably my nose content dripping down my throat and inevitably getting in my lungs. Anyone else experience this? I think after a few minutes of absorbtion in the nose it's best to get all that shit out of there in one go.. Which depending on the drug can be quite disgusting

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rachamim18
    The rest heads on down to the GI tract and is then wasted[well, at least 85% is, but usually alot more].
    Depends on what you're snorting.
    Sure with cocaine, but note, meth doesn't get wasted if it goes into digestive system.

16. Collapse Details
    Reply... 
    Bluelighter
    I was talking about heroin. Every substance has a different bio-availiability, etc.

17. Collapse Details

when i snort something i usually pour out a little water onto the CD case or whatever the implement is, and then just suck the water up my nose with the rolled up bill.
    similar to what was said about saline solution i guess, but i never got that involved with snorting things.

18. Collapse Details

I think that Ive posted this before, but the absolute key to *not* getting the substance caked in your throat is the angle of the tube with which you are snorting your drugs. Angle the tube at, perhaps, a 60 degree angle facing towards the septum, but at such an angle that the powdere will bypass the septum itself. This allows for the powder to be accepted by the nasal membranes without providing a *direct* pathway to the throat.

A mix of saline solution (nasal spray) and cocaine is never a bad idea as well, but being that it is in a liquid form, you are more prone to post-nasal drip and perhaps a marginal loss of substance.

At least give the first method a try. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but there's no harm (relative to what you're already doing, that is ) in trying it out.

Good luck,
    Peace

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Vaya
    I think that Ive posted this before, but the absolute key to *not* getting the substance caked in your throat is the angle of the tube with which you are snorting your drugs. Angle the tube at, perhaps, a 60 degree angle facing towards the septum, but at such an angle that the powdere will bypass the septum itself. This allows for the powder to be accepted by the nasal membranes without providing a *direct* pathway to the throat.

A mix of saline solution (nasal spray) and cocaine is never a bad idea as well, but being that it is in a liquid form, you are more prone to post-nasal drip and perhaps a marginal loss of substance.

At least give the first method a try. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but there's no harm (relative to what you're already doing, that is ) in trying it out.

Good luck,
    Peace
    Damn, I wish I woulda known that sooner. I normally divide a line into 3 or 4 bumps and do each on a seperate "area" of my nose (tip, septum, outside wall, bottom 'well') when my nose starts getting clogged/I'm doing a larger line.

Also for future reference, don't use the same straw to snort the water/saline as you later use to snort more, even if the liquid looks 'mostly' dried'.

/has caked crap in straw, wasted, will probably fall out and be lost
    //made a dumbass move

Last edited by blase deviant; 20-10-2005 at 05:34.

20. Collapse Details

Anyway, just to clarify, the septum is more absorbent/has more blood vessels compared to the 'pit'/bottom, top and outer walls?

I normally squeezed my nose 2-5 min. afterwards anyway to make sure it all got to some skin/not stuck in mucus/hairs, but still...

21. Collapse Details

Keep your drugs away from your septum. You want to keep that thing don't you?

22. Collapse Details

I'm confused as to what he means by 60 degree angle past the septum? If it goes past the septum, I don't see any way for it not to drip...

23. Collapse Details

I'll do my best to explain [which perhaps indicates that this is a post you'd want to skip over )

I'll make an analogy with Geometry.

-Imagine looking at a nose dead-on. now divide it in half, forming two right triangles whih connect at their 90 degree angles to form the larger isosceles triangle that would represent the nose as a whole.

-The vertical side of each right triangle represents the septum. The diagonal portion represents the lining of the side of your nasal cavity/nostril.

-Now, imagine taking a straw and lining it up alongside the vertical septum, so both are vertical and adjacent. Then, take the straw and rotate it about 60 degrees moving towards the angle formed by the horizontal line and the diagonal line. You essentially end up with a pictoral representation of a straw inserted through the horizontal line (the opening of the nostril) and intersecting with the point that represents the top of the triangle at a 60 degree slant.
    This way, the powder-to-be-snorted will travel TOWARDS the septum, as opposed to AWAY from the septum.

-However, you do not want the powder to interact with the septum directly. So once you have the straw in said position, tilt the straw so that the opposite end is facing the upper nasal cavity, whilst still maintaining the directional slant towards the septum.

-Understand that the upper nasal cavity is moist and the powder should likely stick almost completely. ***The fact that it is being transplanted almost directly onto your membranes reduces the chance that it will simply get sucked straight through into the back of your throat.

This makes it sound so complicated, and really it was just something I picked up from doing it accidentally one day and realizing that I no longer felt a drip and felt like I'd absorbed more of the drug.

In the end, the '60 degree' style is only a suggestion. Snort however you like, by all means various methods yield noticable results. I just consider this to be the most efficient, least gag-inducing, and most safe(least septum contact) method of intranasal ingestion. YMMV. Sorry for the attempt at explaining it, I racked my brain for about 10 minutes trying to form a working analogy. Drawing a picture might help.

Anyhow, I tried, and we'll leave it at that

*toot toot*
    -Vaya

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by blase deviant
    Anyway, just to clarify, the septum is more absorbent/has more blood vessels compared to the 'pit'/bottom, top and outer walls?

I normally squeezed my nose 2-5 min. afterwards anyway to make sure it all got to some skin/not stuck in mucus/hairs, but still...
    A friendly correction: the septum is cartilagenous material that is non-absorptive. Powder stuck to the septum sits there and essentially eats away at the structure of the septum itself. This is the most common health-related problem regarding intranasal use of drugs.

As for the 'pit'/bottom, top and outer walls of the nose, I'm not sure what you mean. there arent many blood vessels at the base of the nostril and the outer walls of the nose dont interact with the powder at all (and if you meant the 'outer-inner wall' of the nose, that still possesses a negligible amount of recieving blood vessels.

Understand that the membranes absorbing the chemical are primarily located in the uppermost regions of the nasal cavity, around the top, and surpassing the top, of the septum. That's where you want the powder to go.

I'm on such little sleep, i hope these two posts made some sense.

-vaya

25. Collapse Details

too much analyzing. the *waste* is such a small amount, just snort the damn coke and enjoy. IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast