• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-B-Fly Thread

Have really enjoyed this at 10mg! Very positive, confident mood with decent introspection! Very 'intellectual' evening as well with lots of reading and contemplation. Will take it further next time to go that bit deeper.

Nice chemical.

Long time lurker, just registered to pose the following questions, but hopefully can contribute more as time goes on!

Anyway: anyone know the legality of 2cb-fly in Germany and/or Croatia?

Long time lurker, just registered to pose the following questions, but hopefully can contribute more as time goes on!

From my brief research it appears to be legal in the states and also in the UK, couldn't find anything about Germany or Croatia tho but I suppose (just a guess, maybe ask your vendor) it should be legal in those countries aswell?

Are you talking about that guy who took several 100's of mg's of DOC over several days, in combination with large amounts of allylescaline? Couple of mg's of DOx never made anyone loose their limbs.

Yes, don't downplay the dangers, but don't overplay them either. If you really must debate the topic, do it in the thread I already linked to! Not here.

the possibility of accidental overdose with DOx is high enough and the result (necrosis) is serious enough to warrant extreme caution. the world is full of wreckless idiots and missing limbs and permanent disability is very serious. its relevant in this thread because people were talking about it in this thread and bromodragonfly was sold as 2cb-fly in the past before and killed people/caused severe necrosis. so when purchasing 2cb fly people need to be aware of dangerous potential mix ups and that necrosis is a real possibility of gung ho administration

From what I found yes, it is legal in Germany.

I can not find anything about Croatia, but substance is new and rare most probably it is legl there too.

Just about to take a dose now actually, of this (in my experience thus far) truly lovely material.

Was saving most of it for a crack at 2C-TFM-FLY, as I've had a hankerin' to sample 2C-TFM-FLY for ages, likewise 2C-TFM, and DOTFM, the cathinone of DOTFM and 2,5-dimethoxy-4-TFM-pthalimidopropiophenone (it should prove a suitable method to stabilize the otherwise unstable and buggering nuisance either to handle, to ingest or to synthesize in the first place beta-keto primary amines of other sorts, such as beta-C=O-2C-B)

But I simply cannot bring myself to consign the entirety of the 2C-B-FLY to the interior of a 3/4-neck RBF and some delightful, friendly, cuddly trifluoromethyl-halex schema or other without at the same time wanting to chew fingernails right down to the shoulderblade, hoping and praying to ye goddes and goddesses of organic that what comes out is something other than trifluoromethylated road asphalt with a price tag more appropriate for the crown-TFM-ylated-jewels than to a stretch of pavement:p

Still, 2C-B-FLY itself is lovely, lovely material so far, for me. Very strongly sedative aspect to it though, like DMT does after the peak, or perhaps in a sense almost comparable to an opioid. First couple of times had me nigh on squirming upon the bed in absolute ecstatic bliss, in terms of the physical, bodily high, once to the extent where the euphoriant effect became almost TOO powerful, too much to contain, so I ended up taking a few hundred mang of bromoethiazole (best name I can think up off the top of my head for that compound analogous to chlormethiazole, where the chlorine atom is instead swapped for a Br), plus a little bit of the actual vanilla chloride, which I get on prescription to prevent seizures (pretty sure the brominated analog is unused clinically anywhere, but its certainly no more troublesome than is chlormethiazole, to brominate rather than chlorinate (I'll leave it at that...but if one is doable, the other is too with a bit of tweaking the numbers where the stoich is concerned to correct for the heavier weight of bromine vs chlorine.

The combination of chlormethiazole and bromo-ethiazole were sufficient though to damp down the intensity, although not at all the quality of the 2C-B-fly's euphoriant effect then.

Just had a lovely surprise...opening up the packet to remove the third of an intended three 10mg 2C-B-fly tablets, and instead finding that one of those packets had not the one that they claim to possess within, but two. By some chance an extra pill had slipped its way into the packet evidently during manufacture.

So trying at 40 per os.

Other drugs or meds present include:

tizanidine (12mg)
clonidine, 90ug or thereabouts
Chlormethiazole-4x192mg earlier today, might take another one in a little while (its a regular med, I take it to suppress seizure and/or myoclonus, not a typically used drug for anticonvulsant use, here at least, but my doc lets me have it nevertheless, because I find that its both incredibly effective, low in side effects, hangoverless for me, and best of all, I've been able to continue taking it at the same dose without becoming physically dependent.
Oxycodone, plugged, 60mg.
Morphine sulfate, IV-none, yet, just waiting for my shot to prep, before having myself a nice lil .7 belt (med quality not street gear)

Cyclizine-50mg, one tablet twice over today. along with a few other misc bits and shits, such as some scopolamine butylbromide, gabapentin, cimetidine, scopolamine HCl, proton pump inhibitors, antacids, erythromycin, gentamicin, and until
recently, metronidazole.

Hopefully that latter has had a sufficient washout period to allow the drinking of the couple of bottles of 'delirium tremens' gourmet beer that have been staring out of the fridge, showing a baneful, upraised finger for the duration of the metro, laughing in amusement at me :p

Could murder a couple of frosty cold ones to sup on as I wait for the 2C-B-FLY to enthrone itself within my synapses, and this is not just GOOD beer, this is *GOD* beer, a frosty, delicious little portion of fermented archangel blood plasma in a bottle, apparently won a few awards for being either one of, or the world's highest-voted speciality beers, something like three times over...and its been staring out of the fridge now for a couple of months. Few days free of the metro, so hopefully, given that a 200ml dose of a tincture of opium containing 15-20% ethyl alchohol didn't sicken me the other day.

As to how I'd rate 2C-B-FLY as if not a confirmed A+ compound for sure, then that is because I haven't yet had it often enough to have made a truly indepth, thorough, forensically detailed examination of its each and every nuance and quirk.

But B++ to A on that proposed scale, without a shadow of doubt. Delightful material, absolutely delightful, and I do think there's every potential for the drug to prove itself to be such in my personal estimation of its action upon myself. I just need to explore the drug more and by other routes before I have enough experience with it to be able to pass judgement.

The comments by some other posters who have said 2C-b-FLY to be a winner overall with them are not wrong IMO. Actually I've only just 'fully' woke up having ended up curled up on the sofa downstairs with my laptop, listening to some 'daylight dies', and watching a presentation on antibiotic resistance in bacteria.

*fastFWD until midday.

Ended up being a most enjoyable night, its stil going some, although gently, nevertheless distinctly enough, IMO to dismiss it on the lightness and easygoing nature of this one at its lower-medium dosage ranges would be to mistake the substance's being well-behaved and polite, for weakness, which I don't think 2C-B-FLY is.

Did have a brief episode where I had to dash to the bog and hork up a few spleen chunks. Not too onerous though, felt better after plugging 100mg cyclizine and taking a couple of buscopan (scopolamine/hyoscine as its quat. amonium butylbromide salt) and felt better straight away once the cyclizine took effect over a minute or two.

Finaly got to enjoy my gourmet beers though, with no unpleasantness due to the metronidazole I'd been taking until recently. And they were each and every bit as good going down the hatch as they did to my 'mind's tongue' :)
I find 2C-B-FLY to have thus far been a very sensual material, plenty in the way of bodily effects, but that these are either benign, or positive, aside from that brief prayer offered to the god of the ceramic shrine all well and good.

Very, very relaxing physically, I can certainly tell what other people meant when they called it a 'psychedelic tranq', as it does indeed seem to possess just that property in heaps. calls to mind certain properties of DMT and of MDxx, there
feels like theres a fair bit in common with the plateau phase of a post-DMT flash, or that referred to as MDxx's 'lead cloak', only its polar opposite in that its a paradoxical-sounding lead cloak of feather-lightness. Puts me in mind a little bit of wearing either a form-fitting bodyglove or a tightish fitting wetsuit before actually doing a dive, before the thing gets all piss-wet-through and cold, in terms of sensory effects. IMO chances are if I actually had gotten into the Pb-weighted sleeping bag I don't think anyone would have had any luck in removing me from same, at least willingly.

How do others feel about dose supplementation towards the tail-half of the plateau? How steep is the dose-response curve felt to be? a further 10mg has its appeal right now, maybe another 15, although 20 I don't feel would be troubling but nor do I either feel as though there is any real reason to take it that far now.

Theres still a pronounced hypnotic action running through as a theme where 2C-B-FLY seems concerned. I actually did go and end up drifting off whilst lying on the sofa with my laptop playing some music, and reading a couple of books I treated myself to recently (some warhamer 40K fic, the current one from the series on my reading list being 'rise of the horned rat', the main theme being skaven plotting and scheming, backstabbing, front-stabbing, in fact just heavy on the stabbing as a matter of principle, its skaven afterall :p) non-fiction-wise, 'the genus claviceps' by vladimir kren and ladislav cvak, managed to pick up a hardcopy for just short of 40 USD, far cheaper than I've seen paper copies go for usualy.

Enjoying 'the genus Claviceps' immensely, learning a lot from it, even after spending quite a few years exhaustively studying the published lit on these fascinating, enigmatic, and complex fungi.

And for a little bit of admittedly slightly childish, although harmless enough fun, playing about with Ga and Al. Gallium for those who've never met with the element itself, is one of the transition metals, as are fr.ex. copper, tin, lead,vanadium, mercury and manganese, showing the greatest similarity to Hg metal, although it wets things and sticks unlike mercury. And unlike it, gallium is almost nontoxic, but shares the property of being a very, very low-melting point metal, that can be melted just by body heat, and like mercury does, it likes to form amalgams, whilst without action upon aluminium metal in its bulk state (bulk Al that is, not the Ga), this is due to the great reactivity of aluminium causing the formation of a passivating, thery thin but chemically resistant surface layer of oxide that otherwise renders Al inert to the action of atmospheric O2. Mercury, either in the metallic state or as mercury (II) salts (mercuric, rather than those in the Hg(I) mercurous oxidation state or gallium destroy the thin alumina surface layer and prevent its reforming, allowing the otherwise unharmed in air Al to be attacked, and after contact with either a little bit of Hg or Ga, the corrosion literally spreads from the point of contact as though it were a disease, like an ulcer destroying tissue, only its aluminium crumbling away to dust. Its not an instant 'POOF! gone!' type of effect but its rapidly attacked and eaten away, it only takes a tiny quantity exposed to contact with gallium (or mercury for that matter, but I've never actually tried doing the same with mercury metal, only as Hg(II). I know it works, but never actually did it, mainly because I neither want the toxic waste, nor to waste Hg on trivialities of entertainment.

But that was fun, easy to source a few big slugs of aluminium for no charge, out of the skips a local metal foundry keeps to throw their waste casting sand, metal bits, offcuts of various metals that get thrown away, so nobody minds if I help myself discretely to a few hunks of Al, zinc and the likes from their wastes, as long as their place is treated respectfully, without making a mess everywhere etc.

Even the occasional dirty great big refractory crucible can be had now and then if a worker be approached politely, no idea where one would find something like that elsewhere, at about 4-5 inch thick walled crucibles about 3 feet high, and sufficient capacity to hold a good many liters of metal, molten salts etc. and capable of surviving some of the very worst kinds of abuse that ever have I heaped upon such equipment. Just the thing when bulky bruteforce inorg stuff needs doing, the mucky, grimy scaled-to-practicality industrial plant processes that typicaly involve lots of molten salts, electrolysis, and levels of heat, corrosives or both that would ruin glass and do a pretty good number on some metal parts too in some cases.

I might well add now I think of it, that the 2C-B-fly is proving to be very creativity-stimulating, plenty in the way of free-flowing of thought and at the same time, quite clearheaded.

This is the sort of psychedelic that would go very well either for a night spent in the arms of a loved one, or a shared meal with some like-minded company, to get together and chew the fat, work on projects etc.

Rapidly becoming a firm favourite 5HT2aR agonist type psychdelic, right up there with vaped DMT, or oral/nasal AMT but without any of AMTs tendency to make some people's guts squirm and without either the manic edge AMT has to it, or the long lasting stimulation, but with a good helping of the warmth, the easygoingness and openess of the headspace, its not proving to be overwhelmingly visual, plenty sparkle and twang to the environment and indeed the user too, reminds me of the way LSD has of fostering the flow of one's creative juices but without any tendency to being manic or scattered, not pushy but does offer freely.

Given what I've read about 2C-D, it sounds like it might compliment 2C-B-FLY nicely. Has anybody tried this combination, and care to share comment? the 2C-D would be new material to me, so I want to try it on its own, get a proper feeling for it etc.
But the reports in PIHKAL, here, erowid etc. make it sound like a pleasant one.

Some new comments after my second trial at 20mg:

Wonderful material, fully enveloping at this dosage level. Not much in the way of visuals here, same as 2C-C. Actually, now that I think of it, there was some of that beautiful Persian-rug patterning on the walls. Looked more like a chemical under the microscope, actually, but you get what I mean. Basically, it was a more active version of last week but in a really good way. By T+3 I was fully peaking. I experienced some nausea throughout the experience, which actually got close to puking but I didn't. I went so see some girl, which was awkward to meet her in that state, but once I got into the conversation it was amazing. Tactility has been greatly enhanced :D

I did note some differences than my previous trial:

It seems slightly sedative, which I experienced during my come-up. But when I got outside to pick up some hashish, and I got active, there was an increase in perceived stimulation. Felt really good to move on. I wouldn't be able to sleep on this dosage level at least!

I claimed it was a light material, but its way more active than I believed it to be. I think my earlier trial wasn't the right dosage for me, due to my slight tolerance. I would take a lower dose because of the nausea, or I'll try a dose rectally. Might try to push the dose a bit more sometime because there was some great potential.

All in all a very pleasurable material!

Mimosa hostilis, or Desmanthus illinoiensis are your best bets blackpirate, the latter being commonly named the illinois bundleflower. Theres a lot of DMT in the roots of both species, and for those who don't habitually immerse themselves in chemistry and bio, roots, being woody, are far easier to extract DMT from than leaves like chacruna (Psychotria viridis), as the roots can go straight to base and solvent extraction without an intermediate defatting stage w/ fr.ex. chloroform, dichlor or c-tet, perc or similar.

Easy from mimosa or bundleflower root for those who have never picked up a test tube or petri dish in their lives. Mason jar kitchen chemistry, some very basic solvents and chemicals, NaOH, toluene/xylene etc maybe some IPA, acetone etc. for recrystallization.

I definitely reccommend DMT! its one of my all time absolute favourite drugs, psychedelic or otherwise.

I'd LOVE to try a good belt of smoked DMT during the comeup or peak of the 2C-B-FLY.

I fancy some 2C-B-fly now, after reading this thread again lol :D Think I'll push the boundaries thus far explored by an Aadditional 10mg-20mg or so.
I didn't expect to run into such a gem of a material so easily as I did the 2C-B-fly (head shop of all places, is where the last of my 2C-B-fly came from a brick and mortar physical building. Truly a quality offering.

Just taken 20mg 2C-B-FLY down the hatch, and a second 20 plugged (other interaction potential: morphine sulfate, IM, 7-8x30mg caps gone into the shot, a cap of chlormethiazole (192mg heminevrin base per), a 4mg tizanidine so I don't need to deal with any grief from the permanent spasticity in one of my legs, courtesy of some nerve damage, a few clonidine (25ug each, couple of hundred ug total), and a little pramipexole (dopamine agonist, at D2s, D2l, D3 and D4, vast preference for D2short isoform of the D2 dopamine receptor, some lesser agonism at D4 and a significant preference for D3, more intrnsic activity at D2s (superagonist compared to dopamine itself, when its IA ibeing considered rather than Ki values)

Otherwise, just 20mg scopolamine butylbromide, to keep my sensitive stomach in line (I've had some truly terrible GI issues, severe acid reflux, nausea, occasionally even throwing up so hard there is nothing left but foam and bile, a little cyclizine too.

Today I sampled this material at 16mg. Here are some qualitative comments:

T-10.00 Tried to dissolve 100mg of 2C-B-FLY in 10ml, which didn't work out at first, but heat and stirring allowed the solution to form. Will have to check later to see if the material stayed in solution.

T+0.00 16mg of material down the hatch. Bon voyage!

T+00.20 Smoked some cannabis as per the usual for my psychedelic trips

T+00.30 Definitely some activity beyond just being stoned

T+00.40 Dilated pupils, some euphoria. Time to take a shower!

T+01.30 Some visual activity noted, ++ (?)

T+02.00 Definitely not very stimulating. Mentally not challenging at all. Mind state reminds me a bit of meditation, with the flowing of thoughts and clearheaded headspace. Good for just hanging out, which is what I'm doing right now. I might have some tolerance due to last week's endeavors.

T+03.00 Turning on some music revealed a whole hidden dimension of body sensations. More active than I believed it to be at first.

From this point on I stopped taking notes because this wasn't gonna develop anything more and at T+6.00 I was even able to fall asleep. I like this material for what it is, but it is definitely a light one. The lack of stimulation was very nice though, feels good on the body. Haven't tried socializing but I believe opening up to others would be easier than sober. I might try a 20-30mg dose in the future, but who knows if I'll further pursue this material. I think I have this area of psychedelics covered and with it's price...

Right now at T+12 I still feel very mellow and chilled out. Maybe the headspace relieved some stress and anxiety that I feel during day to day life, in the same way that meditating works. I like it but nothing too amazing. Further trials will be done in the summer to capitalize on the relaxed feeling.

Kind of agree with this 2c-B-FLY is ok nothing special and not too strong at all. seen a few folk mention 30-70mg or and it just seems weak at the stated doses most giving out here. feels probably safe and here it combos well but the excitement about this ones defo worn off after a few trips

Bweh I shudder at thought of the nausea at those dosage levels.

I think you should consider this for a different purpose, like you would consider 5-Meo-MiPT for a different purpose. It's not a full-blown trip, but for connecting and hanging out this is a wonderful material. It has to be your thing, but for what it is, it does it well. You could get bored though, something that I don't see happening on LSD or a tryptamine.

I could see myself using this a few weeks after a ++++ type of experience, to maybe talk or write about that experience and trying to integrate it or something. It's a psychological and creative tool, rather than a deep tripping experience. The hype mostly came from Ann Shulgin, who later said she'll never name her favorite drugs again, because her tastes don't really align with yours or anyone else for that matter. Her interests lie with psychoanalysis, so it makes sense that she liked this.

From what i've read so far, 2C-B-FLY sounds a lot like low-dose mescaline. Maybe mescaline at 200-250mg. At this dosage level i get a pronounced MDMA-esque body buzz, euphoria and empathy plus a light psychedelic sparkle. If you up the dose, the experience shifts a lot more in the latter direction and develops a more serious character - while still beeing lovely and easy to handle. Can someone relate to this and compare 2C-B-FLY to low dose mescaline?

If my assumptions are correct, it seems that one is in for an enjoyable ride with 2C-B-FLY. And in addition you can save some precious mesacline. :)

Btw: First post on this board. Looking forward to discuss the psychedelic experience! ;)

Hey W&B, welcome!

I concur about the use of this substance from my trials many years ago: it's not a deep tripping or "get you fucked up" sort of thing. I didn't get any visuals with it, and I was fully able to navigate the world without difficulty. What it gave me was a beautiful, delicate, flowing euphoria and greatly increased desire and ability to communicate and be open. I enjoyed it very, very much, but if I was going for a balls to the wall sort of trip, I'd choose something else for sure.

The idea of using 2C-B-FLY as a tool for autopsychoanalytic integration post +++/++++ experiences, as well as presumably a prosocial agent of some kind. I'm autistic, not particularly socially inclined at all really, but I can see where this drug could
make a good lubricant for good company.

Alternatively, how does it fare as a primer for other psychedelics? I bet a toke or two of DMT during the period just before the plateau would be divine.

Well what do you know, I am of the superior kind as well Limpet_Chicken! (meaning I also have ASD :D) I'm very much a social person though, so not sure how it would help. IME any psychedelic, including this one, makes me more awkward socially. This just helps connecting emotionally with others, could improve your theory of mind and all that stuff, but it won't make conversations easier. Might work differently for you, of course :)

I think you're spot on with the comparison, Woody & Buzz. This really comes close to a lower-dose of Mescaline, though indeed this psychedelic sparkle will never reach the point of fireworks.