• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big and Dandy DOI Thread

Low dose DOI as a study aid did not work out as well as I had hoped. Live and learn I guess, or not learn as it appears. Cognitive effects are hampered by the visual effects of electricity over field of vision. 700 ug were taken at approximately 740 pm and would up giving restless energy until around 5 am (rough guess, till going), second 700 ug taken at 3 am to keep me going until inevitable crash.

Very stimulating in an anxious way but I would like to explore higher doses with alcohol, seems to be able to be very seductive in that aspect.

In short low dose DOI is a failure, over analysis of every detail of everything with no amp smoothness to it and jumbling of numbers and words and tiredness. Do not recommend, this post looks like shit.

Low dose DOI as a study aid did not work out as well as I had hoped. Live and learn I guess, or not learn as it appears. Cognitive effects are hampered by the visual effects of electricity over field of vision. 700 ug were taken at approximately 740 pm and would up giving restless energy until around 5 am (rough guess, till going), second 700 ug taken at 3 am to keep me going until inevitable crash.

Very stimulating in an anxious way but I would like to explore higher doses with alcohol, seems to be able to be very seductive in that aspect.

In short low dose DOI is a failure, over analysis of every detail of everything with no amp smoothness to it and jumbling of numbers and words and tiredness. Do not recommend, this post looks like shit.

I could imagine the DOx's are probably a bit strong for study-aid uses, though might try low dose DOC myself one day.

Have you tried it at higher doses? Do you still get the negative effects at higher doses? I'm interested in this chemical and trying to get a feel for other peoples experience with it first.

I was interested also in hearing a bit about it from others but it seems to be like everything else we like to research, all the subjective/objective shit until you try it and get it ha.

I underestimated them even at the low doses of 700 mcg, way too trippy to be able to study. I myself haven't tried higher doses but can see why people hesitate. I can sympathize with the comparisons to 2c-i over-stimulation. Something about my body can feel the presence of the iodine in my body as opposed to chlorine. This is definitely the grayer type feeling of 2c-i mixed with strong amp energy.

.7 mg of DOI felt like 20 or so mg of amphetamine and a overlaying feel of persistent electricity. This goes coupled with tiredness and stimulation. My heart and breathing as well as body movements were stimulated more than normal and it was hard to sit still. Went for a great walk for half an hour studied fairly well until visuals started interfering. I would say that if you can take a nice trip of LSD and amphetamine stimulation you will like this.

Mind you its not on the level of LSD at this dosage but I would say the feel is closely towards the amphetamine side with the weird tinges.

Come ups were interesting, felt effects very soon but was a slow gradual come up, very hard to describe really. Can't think of anything I would enjoy really having a longer length than this in all honesty, I mean shit I am at the same relative area 12 hours later, this seemed to me to be more of an endurance challenge than anything.

I would give overall first impressions as it being difficult but very analytic and rewarding. Can for sure bring the experimenter to negative space but I needed the cry I think. Obviously this report shows the amped part of this substance. Talking for days and the screen is funny as shit.

Doses were oral and found on (1.4 mg) blotter

700 mcg initial and 700 mcg booster at t + 6 or so hours, can't really remember, seemed like I liked it enough to redose at the time, I still do I guess just a bit tired

Still going at least 12 hours after last dose and at least 18 hours after first dose, low dose is still same duration, fuck my life

Getting close to 21 hours off of said doses, took melatonin and am hoping for rest

This should be awarded at least a badge or a scar, I don't know which. I would warn others to be very cautious of DOI, lessons are learned in many ways. Apparently mine is that I should be appreciative of small graces and accept everything else. Tough lessons indeed, but ones I have been running from for a few months.

Now if I could just find the volume or the off switch for this ha. Humbling to say the least, I guess this is what is meant buy the high affinity for the receptor, like a fucking stick in my eye. Feel like I have been excreting my life waste for a day straight now, give me sleep.

Probably +1 some 27 hours later, 22ish I guess because of redose but still 10 too long compared to what I wanted but fuck what I want its what I need and have to manage. First post was lost to science I guess, said it better than this but just as well.

Something along the long lines of 'only LSD made me feel this way for the first time in the manner in which I was pushed and elevated forward' (can't remember how I said it, such is life). The feeling is exactly the same as pure anxiety, fear and excitement all at once. All constant and pure and magnificent. The introspection was some of the most honest and least sugar-coated I have felt and I can't seem to be sure where to go with it.

Can't believe I have been subconsciously and consciously trying to get this kind of a trip for over 2 months. Integration time.

Mods can merge and manage my posts I guess, turkeys done I would say ha, ,little fried and extra crispy.

DOI is my favourite psychedelic, it beats LSD hands down in my opinion. For me it produces a feeling of incredible empathy and a feeling of being at peace unlike anything i've experienced on any other drug.

In my trials with DOI I did find the dose response curve to be very variable, I tried it at doses between 1mg and 10mg and I found that my experiences with doses of 8, 9 and 10mg were no were near as intense as my life changing 7mg trip.

I've managed to procure 500mg of DOI after searching for a supplier for years, hopefully tomorrow I shall be taking 3mg if all goes to plan.

Quite a statement to say it beats LSD hands down :p makes me want to try it a lot!!

Probably gonna try this as a study aid tonight.
Was planning on taking 1.5-1.8 mg, but based on the reports below I might wanna back down a bit to 0.9-1.1-ish.
Will give an update on the experience if I decide to drop it and am back down again. :)

Any last-minute advice is more than welcome, probably gonna prep my capsule in about 4 hours...

While LSD is more empathic, DOI definitely beats it in intensity. I had DOI before acid and, with all the hype surrounding LSD, was a bit disappointed with the trip. These days, I'd still take acid over DOI any time.

Welcome to Bluelight BLUNOME. :)

Just so you know here at Bluelight we don't use SWIM or talk in third person. It doesn't protect you at all and it makes your post harder to read. A simple "I" does the trick :)

I highly doubt DOC and DOI in combo cause serotonin syndrome, they aren't releasers or at least significant releasers.

I got sample of doi on the way with my order cant wait to get some in my hands I just love long trips

I recently had my 2nd experience on DOI.
The first was a trial dose of 1mg (ingested in 3 times) inside the Reina Sofia in Madrid during the summer. Guernica and Dali took a whole deeper meaning.

My 2nd dose was around 2mg. I found this trip to be way more intense. It came very much in long waves.
If I focussed on manual tasks or reading (could read easily), the trip would disappear. I could feel back to baseline for an hour whereas suddenly it hit again at full force.

After smoking weed on 12th, I got launched further into hyperspace. Very unreal glowing colors. It seemed like all edges of objects becamen very thick lines.
This one goes very wel with meditation. You can feel every muscle of your body becoming tense or relaxed at random.
It brought me to places I hadn't visited for ages. Very reminiscent of early full blown acid trips I have had.

I could sleep easily at 14h, after effects next days weren't enjoyable. This experience filled me.

I won't be using psychedelics for quite some time now.
Since I've got a quite distorted relation with LSD after some abuse. I won't let this happen with DOI...

Respect the substance. Imo deserves a spot right next to acid
Use it on spare occasions...

Enjoy

My post above was very positive about DOI
This was the feeling I had on the end of the trip.

I must say though there were some things that bothered me.

annotation: I took the trip during the night, and then went back to sleep.

Maybe I was still very tired, but when I woke up, I didn't feel like waking up at all. I would just lay in bed for a few hours. Getting up to get some water was very difficult.

It felt like my muscles were VERY tense and were burning up inside.
Also my veins looked narrower than normal. Vasoconstriction? (didn't find anything about it though)
These symptoms subsided some time after.
Although walking was still a bit clumsy. It seemed like my legs couldn't bend very well.

Would doing intense sport on DOI be dangerous in some kind? Like running or martial arts... Given that I drink plenty of water before and during the trip?
I didn't do it because my muscles felt so weird.

I read some ppl had similar negative body effects. What could be the cause?
(Not all the body muscle tension effects were negative in my case)

^^^ did you eat at all while on the trip though? going 24+ without eating is probably gonna cause muscle soreness, DOI or not.

At 22h I ate a large meal
After that I went out en went to sleep around 8'o clock in the morning
Woke up and took the dose around 11h. Then went back to sleep till 14h. After that, I stayed in bed feeling like a wreck.
Maybe I should have slept longer though...

I have to say the intense muscle soreness subsided a few hours after the trip. Although the clumsy walk stayed
I had no loss of appetite. Bread and water were ingested frequently during the day.