• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Amanita Mushrooms Thread

A. Pantherina, it could happen. Despite the color difference, someone might think color just varies.

Phalloides is quite different fortunately.

LOL tintin, didn't that all happen on a huge floating island of elementary potassium? yikes.

Hehe, kind of... though Amanita's are a kind of mushroom growing from a special type of fungus that has a special relationship with the roots of certain plants / trees. (Called mycorhyzzae). Usually the fungus likes a particular kind of tree to have this relationship with so you will typically find the mushroom growing under that tree.

If you wanna know what kind you can probably find it with some google queries.

Hehe, kind of... though Amanita's are a kind of mushroom growing from a special type of fungus that has a special relationship with the roots of certain plants / trees. (Called mycorhyzzae). Usually the fungus likes a particular kind of tree to have this relationship with so you will typically find the mushroom growing under that tree.

If you wanna know what kind you can probably find it with some google queries.

Interesting! Plants are pretty fascinating. I've heard they like birch trees.

Really interesting that the mushrooms are associated with macropsia just like Lewis Caroll did --> Alice in Wonderland syndrome.

Although it wasn't really the mushrooms that caused objects to appear to grow in this case, still the mushrooms sprouting almost seem interchangeable with the meteorite mineral they sprouted from. (The fictitious material called kalysium - not Kalium ;) - in Dutch and phostlite in English)

Anyway sorry for geeking out lol

You should eat that whole ounce and then hop in a longboat and start pillaging Monasteries.

Fun Fact: The vikings used Amanita Muscaria to help induce "Berserker Rage"

Uhhh.... Yeahhhh, not really. An ounce had me in the hospital for dehydration. Given, there were external factors and dumb decisions, they all stemmed from eating that ounce.

My money is on: sweating, salivating (which I guess you can recycle but still) and peeing like an insane person.

Uuuhhh, yeah, I think I'll hold off on the hospital trip, haha. They came in the mail today so I'll probably eat them in the next week or so, perhaps post something in the trip report thread if anything comes of it?

Yeah, They got their uses, and taste delish cooked in butter. Nice to have in winter to feel warm. Just take care you don't become techno jesus.

Sorry for leaving you all hanging. Sweating: an extreme amount. Salvation: ridiculous. Mucus production: to put it bluntly - I've seen people in a full blown allergy attack not expel as much mucus all day, for what I was expelling every five breaths. Actually wasn't really peeing at all. Blurred vision to beat the band. Couldn't focus on anything.

Brendles- I didn't mean to come across catty, just going for emphasis, sorry if I mixed communication breakdown

Last edited:
Did you have access to drinking water, or was it no use even trying to stay hydrated?

Not sure how common it is to experience the side-effects strongly like that, if it is normal people should know to expect it.

It's almost silly that mushrooms like these should exist. But to be sure, psilocybian mushrooms can also be incredibly silly.

I posted my own thread about Amanitas recently but now I actually have my hands on them and have a couple more questions. They came as fully intact caps, a few smaller ones and one really big one... really pretty cool looking, actually. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to oven-heat them a bit more prior to munching 'em? Obviously they can only disclose so much on the site without implying whether or not they were selling them for consumption so I don't really know how they were dried.

I was planning on putting the ounce through a food processor with apple sauce, so as to get a relatively even mix from all the caps in case some had more muscimol than others and splitting between 3-4 people

Last edited:
I think that would not be a bad idea at all, check what sekio says here:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/641987-converting-ibotenic-acid-into-muscimol

Actually I doubt it matters how they were originally dried and think that upon (any) normal drying processes ibotenic acid decarboxylates... but heating in an oven (not very high temperatures though!) should complete that process if it has not progressed enough.
Raw Amanita's are not a great idea no... but dried ones should be fine (i.e. maybe some side-effects but from what I read ibotenic acid is not really seriously toxic unless you do really do weird things with large amounts of it) and well-prepared Amanitas are just relatively ideal. Especially with something with this you're gonna want to do all possible preparations that you can to ensure a good outcome.

Homogeneizing by mixing through a food processor is very wise to even it out! Obviously do it after the oven-curing since that has to be done absolutely dry (free of water).

An ounce for 3 people may be quite strong if you do happen to have potent specimens in those Washington caps. Know what you are in for.

What will be the set and setting? How will you anticipate the peculiarities of the Amanita enibriated state?

It will more likely be four, though I'll keep that in mind and maybe hold back a bit if we lose a person. I think they are probably well-prepared as is, they seem very dry, but a lot of posts here say heat is important and I don't want anyone getting sick...
I wasn't planning on going anywhere post-amanita, just sticking around the apartment. I'll definitely have ample water ready and people who know where we are to check in on us, look in on having a sitter although it seems like a big favor to ask.

no worries buddy! But I definitely know where you're coming from with that mucus. The first time my friend ate cubensis she was lying down with her head kind of on a pillow of towels and laundry in my closet, and says something about making a mess, so I sit up from lying on my bed, staring at the stucco, to tell her it's okay, just in time to see....
MUCUS
EVERYWHERE.

It was a globule of mucus, bigger than her head on my towel, I snapped and started shouting, asking how on earth she did that, and telling her that she had to go put that in the washing machine because I wasn't gonna touch it. It's insane how much of that stuff can come out of a person.