• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian GLBTI Bluelighters thread. Come outa the closet!

I'm glad I'm a homosexual
Homosexuality has its pro's and con's in my opinion.
While you may become the target of less open minded individuals slander. It encourages an individual to truly assess their sexuality and position on earth. A task which I think is more frequently overlooked in the hetrosexual lifestyle. Once free of gender roles in a relationship, one is able to really appreciate how much of peoples behaviours are conceived as a result of socially induced pressures and stereotypes as opposed to pure biological differences.

I feel as though my homosexuality has forced me to test the barriers of my spirituality, my individuality and my motivation for life. It can really put things into perspective, when dealing with big issues like the meaning of life. When you no longer fit into conventional belief systems and your sexual drive doesn't elicit any procreation.
As a result, I don't judge people on their choices on life, or their age, race, gender, sexuality, etc. As better off or worse than I, I understand all belief systems as universal, with little underlying pieces of dogma, that everyone applies to their life in different ways. I look up to my elders experience and respect them and look at my peers with their energy for life for inspiration. I love understanding different cultures and societies. It's all about understanding daily struggle.

In saying that, I still find a large number of spiritualy insecure or naieve gay men, who are just as obsessed with product fetishism, if not more due to their overt fear of loneliness and death. However, corrupt souls exist throughout society, and there's no wrong or right way of life, belief system, race, gender, etc. No matter what some people choose biggots whether unconcsiously or consciously, but at least homosexuals go through enough shit to at least wake up to this world a little bit more (along with every other minority)

Maybe I'm just minority inside a minority though.

Don't ask me why I just said all that............ Having someone bump this thread just made me all retrospective of the progress i've made thus far.