• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian GLBTI Bluelighters thread. Come outa the closet!

At my work it's heterosexual and homosexual females; males, of any variety, are a rarity. So I have no idea how I'd sleep up the ladder. 8(

THR! said:
I'm not sure "a minority in a sexuality" really captures what you had intended to say. And I really don't think that has anything to do with it; guys are just slutty. My profound 3,333rd post.

Maybe poor choice of words? I'm not sure....

I just am going off the newcastle lesbian scene where it's quite small and you date someone you have a big chance of having dated each others ex'es and so forth. That's just what i meant.

example - the chick that i was kinda seeing before my ex gf when we went on a date we realised that we had also gone on a date with the same woman previously.

as i said - it's quite insestuous - then again so are most social groups *shrugs*

Most of my best friends are lesbians and I am truly horrified at just how incestuous the Brisbane Lesbian scene is. I can only imagine what Newcastle would be like

*shudders*

The Sydney scene is just as bad. Seriously. And I blame Poofdar for that. Everyone knows everyone from their profiles. But besides that, everyone knows everyone. That's why I don't go on the scene...keep some mystery about myself :D

Melbourne here. Not very involved in scene at all anymore. Met some great people on the gay scene, met some shit people. Worked at The Peel for over a year. Classy I know! Was fun, when it stopped being fun I stopped working there. Now rarely go out gay clubbing although rarely go clubbing at all, just go to parties and nights that mates run.

I think the gay scene in any city is like any scene in any city, there will always be a certain population who are jaded with it, a population that love it and a population who have nothing to do with it and are thus not part of the scene. You can pretty much hear ravers having the same discussion about the dance scene and rockers about the live music scene.

I dont really consider myself gay/str8/bi etc

I really adhere to the MazDanian philosophy on sexuality :)

But yeah i've been to the Court in Perth recently

and to the Beat in Brisbane

I liked both a lot although the Court is much much younger crowd and less feral ( i wonder if they have an upstairs/downstairs section tho?)

I agree with Beech. I have a friend from Vancouver and we're often have the conversation that the scene in Sydney is the same as the scene in Vancouver is the same as the scene in <insert city here>. And it always is. I don't do the gay places in Sydney although I have to admit I like checking out the gay area in new cities.....it's the social experiment seeker in me I suppose :)

Well, I just saw this thread and decided to make an appearance in it. Considering I didn't post in it last time it was around.
I'm a gay man living in Sydney, for those who didn't already know and in joining the conversation, don't really like the scene either although have been found visiting the clubs in moderation when i'm in the mood. I often opt for the better music and overall atmosphere in the straight scene though.. the gay scene has its place and like drugs, must be taken in moderation...
I don't mind clubs like pheonix on thursday nights, they play some nice minimilism and techno, and on saturday they can get some really decent house in there as long as it isn't one of those ultra gay nights.

I agree with PDA, but try not to shove it in peoples faces, it's often as discrete as possible, but I won't go out of my way to make it discreet.

I don't like the fact that homosexuality has almost become a subculture, in the fashion trends and music tastes like the emo culture has... Some of us don't want to belong to a scene that revolves around materalism and idolism, but whatever, moderation is key.

Will end my rant before it gets too long, can always post more later..
I wanted to ask if anyone will be attending any parties over NYE/NYD. I got offered a free ticket to homesexual, and well.. I can't say no because it's free. lol

anyway, would be nice to get to know some bluelighters who are or aren't part of the gay scene, it's really hard to find gay guys who sincerely just want to talk to you for the sake of getting to know you, and not just because they want to get into your pants.

Hey Baker....score that you, well, scored a free ticket to Homesexual. I know people who go to those and always have a good time. I've not been myself, but then again I never know these things are on till they are over. Have a rockin time :)

I only ever so briefly had a gaydar profile many a year ago ... so over that scene!

yeah Gaydar is just oh so wrong. Never had a profile myself but seems like almost every fag in Melbourne has one. Its even a topic of conversation when out at venues "oooer I saw his profile on Gaydar, he is a bottom and has a large cock", that sort of shit. So ridiculous. It seems Myspace has become the new Gaydar.

^ that happens in Sydney too. That was when I decided to take my old profile down. Fuckin stupid that guys wont approach each other in a club but have no problems hiding behind a computer.

Though say hello to hyprocracy coz I have a new profile. Oh well.

i guess its easier for a guy to ask for blow job on the internet than in a nightclub. Although having worked in a gay club there are plenty that aren't shy face to face either!

I don't think it's so much about the ease of being able to hide behind a computer screen as that grants people an easier opportunity to say no.
No the really sleazy thing about gaydar is that you can hit on multiple people and virtually order sex to your door.... they can't even be bothered going to a club these days, who needs to when you can just put a photoshopped picture. What's funny is those who don't even use their own picture.
I don't get it, gay people confuse me sometimes.
I would rather just have a wank then a sleazy hookup

I deleted my profile yesterday and dumped my msn messenger account that I had been chatting to the lowlife pieces of shit that that site harbours. I am never EVER putting my profile on a site like that again. In fact, fuck fags all together, shallow, self serving, egotistical shadows of men.

end rant

^ Yeah I've been there and done that. One night a few years ago I just decided I was sick of fucktards and whack jobs and deleted my profile. Too many 'professional gays' out there. But I live in hope to find someone. Hope you do too streetsurfer, whomever it is. :D

Welcome to the light, my niggahs.

I am thinking of starting a site called letsnotevermeet.com. A sort of gay-anti-gay site set up to subvert the dominant paradigm of clubs/drugs/sex and shopping :D

It will be a homage to a) all the gays i do not want to meet and b) full of bitter, cranky gay men* who are constantly incredulous at the levels of superficial/narcisstic/nasty/selfish behaviour prevalent in their 'community'.

See you on the flipside.

* Straights, lesbians, cynics, queers and pessimists all encouraged to apply

Last edited:
Lol~!

I'm a pessimist, does that qualify me as gay* ?

Maybe they should just change it from gay to jaded or morose or something, you guys are sapping the gay elated sort of 'tude out of being homosexual!

sorry. i am a failure. i am only happy when it rains. but i can pretend if you like

Last edited: