• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Things To Mix With Codeine

Having tried taking codeine-extract from pills, I learned that this mixture is _extraordinary_ bitter. Any suggestions what to mix with without "destroying" the codeine itself in any way? :)

I like mixing my codeine with benzos, not alot though bust probley about 2mg of clonazepam or xanax. its very relaxing and nice to get away from stress.

if it makes you fall asleep its not only codeine, my guess would be promethazine... otherwise i enjoy the opiate benzo combo, but its dangerous so know ur limits

codeine makes me itch like a son of a bitch. i've heard benedryl could help with that, i've never tried it. those could possibly make you more drowsy tho...

Methocaramol
Glutethimide
grapefruit juice
weed
dont know man, first things that came to my head.

Promethazine.

Or a really really low dose of some Benzo's if you do not have a tolerance to them. Just be careful mixing downers as respiratory depression is possible when mixing them.

If your new to opiates you wont need anything to mix it with. Like others have said though, look for what other drugs besides codeine are inside.

Weed.
And you wont "fall asleep before you get high" if you're having just codeine. Always check the other ingredients ingredients

Having tried taking codeine-extract from pills, I learned that this mixture is _extraordinary_ bitter. Any suggestions what to mix with without "destroying" the codeine itself in any way? :)

The bitterness is how you know you did it right =D
Orange juice works ok, but i usually just hold my nose and take it all in one gulp with something strong tasting to chase it. Its not that much liquid, you shouldn't be using more than 100ml in a cold water extraction. Even 100ml is a bit excessive.

Codeine is a pretty weak opiate, so mixing it with anything more than dexamphetamines or or similiarly low strength uppers will pretty much cancel out your opiate buzz. You won't fall asleep straight away from a high dose of codeine, sure it will make sleep easier, but it's not like a good dose of a stronger opiate where you struggle to stay awake.

Hey man, it may be a little late for new advice, but watch out with promethazine.

I recently had an experience with this stuff called Tussionex, which I guess is a few levels higher than your codeine drink. Tussionex is hydrocodone + chlorpheniramine.

I've used opiates in the past and had never encountered any problem besides stomach acid. However, unlike just regular opiates, these opiate syrups contain a substance that intensifies the opiates interaction with your body.

The reason I call for caution when using these syrups is because the opiate intensifiers have an EXTREMELY long half life. I do not fully understand the science behind the interactions, I can only boldly state that those intensifiers become very very unpleasant once you exceed the recommended dosage.

Unlike many other drugs, it is in your best interest and health to follow the recommended dosages for the opiate 'potentiators' with an extremely long half life such as chlorpheniramine.

I am assuming chlorpheniramine and promethazine are similar and have similar side effects. Even if I am wrong, start small and make sure that the opiate potentiator has fully left your system before you redose. It should take about 1-2 days. Be smart.

pretty basic stuff goes good with a weak opiate anything you can enhance the depressant effects, benzos, muscle relaxers, few beers...

DON'T take any stimulants with opiates if you're new to it.

to potentiate (or intensify) the high of the codeine, I would suggest Grapefruit juice and/or Tonic Water (contains Quinine) and an empty stomach.
I take codeine on a regular basis, and when i want to get the most out of the experience, GF juice and tonic water, benzos, promethazine, and benadryl all help you get the most out of it.

***please read up more on how much of these extra drugs you may be adding, seeing as this seems like your first time experimenting!!!
you know your body best!!!!

^ Depends what you like. GFJ will keep you higher for longer but will also make your high less intense.

I thought Grapefruit juices and other enzyme inhibitors weren't desirable with codeine becaue it would stop it from converting to Morphine...have i been misinformed,or is it that theory that it inhibits one enzyme,forcing the other to convert more then 10% of the codeine to morphine,Im confused,I always tried to avoid enzyme inhibitors while taking codeine

It inhibits CYP3A4, meaning the high lasts longer as the morphine isn't metabolised as rapidly. But it will also mean a less intense high because it also inhibits CYP2D6, reducing the amount of codeine metabolised into morphine in the first place.

I think some inhibitors are ok, promethazine is good as long as you take it after the codeine, so the codeine has a chance to be metabolised first.