View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Pupil Dilation - Cures and Excuses

R.M. Shackelford

Bluelighter
Are there any ways to prevent drugs like LSD and psilocybin from significantly dilating the pupils? I'm assuming not, but I figured I'd ask.

I'm more interested in whether there are any decent excuses to give a cop/parent/authority-figure as to why your pupils are as big as your iris outside on a sunny day without admitting illegal drug use.

Say you went for an eye check up. They sometimes put those drops in your eyes that make your pupils go big.

Jwlst said:
Say you went for an eye check up. They sometimes put those drops in your eyes that make your pupils go big.

Generally the people that ask are parents.....So that's not going to work b/c generally parents know when your going to the doctor.

You could take a rather large dose of an opiate/iod which would contrict your pupils possibly balancing them out? How often do you come into contact with cops with dialated pupils (honestly)?

If your living without parents just wear sunglasses :)

Well, even if your pupils are dilated, they will still shrink when exposed to a bright light, they'll blow back up again, but if you have to confront your parents, and you have a few minutes sit in the dark until your eyes become accustomed to it... then walking out into a well-lit room will make your pupils shrink, though temporarily, it may be long enough for a brief pupil check.

i noticed my pupils dilate when i'm sleep deprived and i've used that as an excuse a few times, which is nice since it's a doublefold excuse for quirkiness. outside of that, pupils are a lucid giveaway that you're messed up. if you're pulled over, cops look for how jumpy your eyes are over their dilation so keep em steady ;]

This is fucked with me cause one pupil gets bigger then the other, so no matter what I looked fucked up.

Just try to avoid eye contact, talk to your parents as you go get a glass of water, then precede to get the fuck out of the house.

Always works for me.

wow i haven't worried about this in a while...

i haven't ever tripped around my parents, either, tho...

but nowadays...it wouldn't really matter, i figure...wouldn't be pleasant, though, i don't really get on with my dad well.

The best strategy by FAR is to stay the fuck away from parents until you're straight again.

Last edited:
Here are some excuses I've used in the past
1) Tell the cop you had eye surgery a few weeks prior and your eyes are still healing

2)Tell them you forgot your contacts and your eyes get very irritated and strained when you don't have them on

3)If one eye is bigger then the other tell them that you only have one contact in and you only have monocular vision so the one thats bigger is basically blind in that eye

I have used all of these excuses in the past with success , although my eyes are obviously messed up anyways ( used to have a bad lazy eye and monocular vision). One time I even had my parents come in to the police station and confirm that my eyes are indeed messed up and the cops let me go since it was a "unique" situation

I'm with Black Octagon. The further the better.

psychedelic drugs + having to be responsible = blah

i dont need an excuse, my pupils are normally dilated. when im on alot of drugs tho you cant even see my iris.

Parents will notice anyhow, dilated pupils or not. Since you act quite differently..

haha, check out these pupils. this was me tripping on some acid a while ago. sorry its kinda blurry, my girlfriend put the camera too close to my face.

Attachments

• 5-19-05 013.jpg
    5-19-05 013.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2,994
Cops are trained to look for pupil size, more for meth or opiates than for acid, you aren't gonna fool them with "I just came from the eye doctor" Sure not at 3:00 AM! I've never went around my parents tripping, but they would notice. They wouldn't know what I was on, but that I was fucked up?

most of the time, when one pupil is bigger than the other, it is due to some sort of damage to the brain, so if one pupil is bigger than the other by alot i would say you sure are suffering from damage being done to the brain........thats a fact.

BertTheChimneySweep said:
Don't forget, pupils also grow in size when we are in any pleasurable situation.

"No officer, you're making a terrible mistake, I'm just thrilled to see you!" :)

Last time I tripped, my pupils were expanding and contracting very quickly. Just sorta sitting there, pulsing. Guess I'd have little luck explaining that to anyone without a dimmer switch in the room :)

back in the day, ladies would put drops of belladonna extract (scopalamine, still used at eye doctor's) to dilate their pupils because it was considered to be more attractive, the "look of love"