• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Plugging Introduction & Instructions (Klonopin)

ombladon

Bluelighter
Plugging Introduction & Instructions (Klonopin) *Questions*

After a long time of being on clonazepam and a long time contemplating plugging clonazepam, I finally went with it tonight. I've had clonazepam sublingual which sucked and was prob much better orally. I first put a 0.5mg clonazepam pill in a small shotglass, and added 5ml or so of warm water. I helped it dissolve by plucking at it with the tip of the oral syringe and swirled it around with the tip also. I loaded it up and it looked like a really orangey colour liquid. I put it in about all the way up to the 5ml sign on the syringe (so inserted the syringe almost up to the 5ml point), and slowly squirted. Took it out and waited. In about 30min I thought i was feeling something but that 0.5mg really wouldn't be enough to feel. So at that point I did the same preparation with 1mg of clonazepam (two 0.5mg) and plugged. Waited about 30min-1hr and during this time I took 3-4 hits of weed, after which I became EXTRMELY relaxed and buzzed, almost to the point of nodding. It sort of felt like the more time that went by the more high i got. But after about 2 and a half hours it went away a little bit. However I am certain I'm not feeling a placebo, but am reather relaxed and benzo buzzed, in that sedated, hazy, chill out way.

My question is, how effective is the method I used as far as plugging goes? Is it even effective? I read a little bit before doing it and I saw a thread saying benzos aren't water soluable and so it isn't effective but saw another one saying that using the method i used got him really high and others said so as well so i said fuck it there's nothing to loose and went ahead and did it. What is the real deal here, and I'm looking to hear from people who have tried it. Also from those who have tried it, how long until it peaks? How long does it last? Does tolerance increase faster this way as opposed to oral? Do effects last longer/shorter than orall?

Last edited:
While benzos are not very water soluble, the colon contains lactials that absorb lipid-soluble material into lymph. So it works, yes.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that, even though some of the clon. is not water soluble, hydraulics would have been enough to pull it into the syringe as a suspension..etc.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean jamshyd. One other important question that i need answered, would it be more potent to plug using the method i just described or would it be better to use milk as the solution in which the clonazepam will be added? The milk being 2% fat, so not whole but not skimmed, would that affect it differently, absorbtion wise.

Also still looking from experienced people to help answer the questions relating to duration, tolerence, etc.

Milk would help dissolve the clonazepam, yes, and it MIGHT make absorption faster.

However, as long as you are able to get the actual clonazepam (dissolved or not) into your rectum, it'll eventually be absorbed since your rectum can absorb drugs that are not water-soluble, and, if not more effectively, then at least just as effective as sublingual.

Yes it would, since as I said before milk dissovles clonazepam while water doesnt.

Again, it doesnt matter as long as you are able to deliver the clonazepam into your rectum.

Im rxed xanax bars and when i get bad anxiety i take one oraly and get quite relaxed but i can still feel anxiety (and im not so tolerant) but if i crush and dissolve a bar (2 mg) in 3-4 ml of water and shot it up my ass i will get a really warm and fuzzy POWERFUL feeling, so pluggin works!

^^ Nope, everything is pluggable, but i wouldnt do solvents like alcohol and such :)

How about to make sure it hits the best possible way, instead of milk which contains a max of 2% fat switch to slightly warm coffee cream (the free ones in coffee shops or larger ones in stores) which contain up to 10-12% of fat. Would you think that would work much better than milk?

Why on earth would you plug Klonopin?

Benzos aren't water soluble. Snorting and plugging them won't give you any more of a high than eating the pills, and since they're not being absorbed, snorting them only produces a high because it all eventually hits your stomach. I've snorted Klonopin; it didn't make me even remotely more high than eating it (maybe even less). I don't see the point of going to the trouble of plugging it.

Just swallow it like it's meant to be taken; it's too much wasted effort to snort or plug benzos.

ratherbewater said:
Why on earth would you plug Klonopin?

Benzos aren't water soluble. Snorting and plugging them won't give you any more of a high than eating the pills, and since they're not being absorbed, snorting them only produces a high because it all eventually hits your stomach. I've snorted Klonopin; it didn't make me even remotely more high than eating it (maybe even less). I don't see the point of going to the trouble of plugging it.

Just swallow it like it's meant to be taken; it's too much wasted effort to snort or plug benzos.

I really do hope that your rectum and your nose are two very different parts of your body? Because if not, that might be a bit troublesome!

You CAN plug benzos and it IS worth it if you need quick releif and do not have injectible ampoules.

Ombladon: I have related my experience pertaining to your question in your other thread on the subject. I hope it was good enough?

By all means, please correct me where I'm wrong; I even did a search of this site to see what other people had to say, and it seems that if I am indeed wrong, I seem to be in the majority of users here.

Benzodiazepines (excluding I believe one or two rare ones, and ones specifically made for rectal use and/or made in liquid form) are not water soluble. For this reason, snorting a crushed Klonopin will result in a nose full of what's almost entirely binders/fillers, and will result in either no high, a lessened high, or the same high as if taken orally, once the actual drug drips down into your stomach. Likewise you cannot plug a Klonopin pill, as again, not being soluble, it will not absorb into that mucous membrane.

In order to plug Klonopin, you can't just do a quick CWE and you can't just shove a pill up your ass; it won't work. In order to make it possible to take Klonopin rectally, it seems to be quite a hassle -- certainly more of a hassle than necessary when Klonopin has nearly 100% bioavailability, and snorting/plugging it (if effective at all) wouldn't be much if any more potent than taking it orally/sublingually.

I was "raised", so to speak, to believe it's common knowledge that if you can't snort it you can't plug it; now if someone proves me wrong I will humbly accept it, but it seems very few people think that plugging and/or snorting benzos is effective or worth it. I also believe that there's really no good reason to stick all that extraneous stuff (binders/fillers) in your nose or up your ass.

Basically, to sum up, everything I've read on the topic says that it's either impossible/won't work, or won't work "enough" to make it worth the extra effort.

I'm not saying that plugging drugs in general is a bad thing or "not worth it". I'm saying why go through the necessary effort to make a benzo plug..gable? when it works just fine orally, and will work quickly if taken sublingually if you need quick relief. I personally have a panic disorder for which I'm prescribed Klonopin; I know all about needing fast relief from anxiety, believe me. But I simply have yet to see a single reputable source say that plugging/snorting benzos is worth it, and most say it is not possible. On this site alone I searched for a bunch of various search phrases and found at least a dozen posts from people saying it doesn't work and/or is not worth it. If we are all wrong, please explain how/why we are wrong.

Again, I will very gladly concede that you are correct if you can explain how this works.

ratherbewater said:
Benzodiazepines (excluding I believe one or two rare ones, and ones specifically made for rectal use and/or made in liquid form) are not water soluble. For this reason, snorting a crushed Klonopin will result in a nose full of what's almost entirely binders/fillers, and will result in either no high, a lessened high, or the same high as if taken orally, once the actual drug drips down into your stomach.

You are correct about the binders - Benzos cannot be snorted because the ratio of drug to binder is very very low. It has nothing to do with water-solubility, though. If you really did search, you'd find that a handful of people, most notably Bilz0r (who provides research data), keep harping on the fact that it has nothing to do with water solubility. In fact, if you have pure benzo powder, it IS possible to snort it and achieve a faster effect. It has nothing to do with water solubility, what is important is lypophylicity.

Likewise you cannot plug a Klonopin pill, as again, not being soluble, it will not absorb into that mucous membrane.

Interestingly enough, fats and fat-soluble are absorbed mostly in the intestines, because they are equipped with Lacteals which are extensions of the lymphetic system. Their job is to absorb fat-soluble material. Since benzos are fat-soluble, they are most certainly absorbed in the rectum, and very quickly so.

I will repeat again that nose does not = rectum, but thats beyond the point, since we already established that it has nothing to do with water-solubility. The water-solubility is only an issue when it comes to injecting

In order to plug Klonopin, you can't just do a quick CWE and you can't just shove a pill up your ass; it won't work. In order to make it possible to take Klonopin rectally, it seems to be quite a hassle -- certainly more of a hassle than necessary when Klonopin has nearly 100% bioavailability, and snorting/plugging it (if effective at all) wouldn't be much if any more potent than taking it orally/sublingually.

In my experience, "shoving a pill up the ass" (with clonazepam, specifically) DID actually work. However, this is disputed, and even though it had worked for me it had the disadvantage of having to wait for the pill to dissolve on its own, which is slower than oral. It is for this reason that the pill is dissolved in milk - that way it is absorbed as soon as it comes in contact with the lining of the intestines.

I was "raised", so to speak, to believe it's common knowledge that if you can't snort it you can't plug it; now if someone proves me wrong I will humbly accept it, but it seems very few people think that plugging and/or snorting benzos is effective or worth it. I also believe that there's really no good reason to stick all that extraneous stuff (binders/fillers) in your nose or up your ass.

It is "common knowledge" that plugging makes you gay. Does that make it correct? And actually, there is a good reason to stick all that "extraneous stuff" in your rectum, because it is it's job to filter such things. Think about it - if you eat the pill, that "extraneous stuff" is going to end up there anyways, only later. Besides that, I already DID give you a reason as to why you'd want to take it rectally: Benzos are meant to relief anxiety, and in an emergency situation, waiting an hour for clonazepam to kick in can be a nightmare.

Basically, to sum up, everything I've read on the topic says that it's either impossible/won't work, or won't work "enough" to make it worth the extra effort.

You obviously have not looked enough on these forums. People like fastandbulbuous and myself and a few others spend huge chunks of their time (like I just did) explaining to people how rectal administration works. I really do hope that people in the future actually DO search because this is getting tedious.

Yes, I know a lot of people blurt out "plugging doesnt work" (aka "plugging is gay"), but yes, they are ALL wrong.

Last edited:
Benzos aren't insoluble in water, it's just that thet have a very low water solubility (for the most part); 1g diazepam will dissolve in 2000ml of water at room temp (that's 0.5mg/ml), using an emulsion increases it considerably. Due to the rich blood supply to the colon, absorbtion from there is quite rapid (on a par with IM for quite a few drugs)

I was "raised", so to speak, to believe it's common knowledge that if you can't snort it you can't plug it; now if someone proves me wrong I will humbly accept it, but it seems very few people think that plugging and/or snorting benzos is effective or worth it.

Who told you? I'll bet not someone with a medical background. In cases of animals having seizures, if the vet can't IV the benzo (for whatever reason) then they remove the needle and squirt it up the animal's arse. It's not as fast as IV, but considerably faster than swallowing it; it can make a life or death difference for some animals

I must have been bored the other night, because it occurred to me that I could probably plug cannabis. Extract the THC etc into oil, as per normal hash cookie routine, but then plug the oil (cooled) rather than eating cookies...

Have I gone mad, or would this work? Better bioavailability and faster than oral? Safer than smoking?

^ better to take the oil and add it to milk, whizz up in a blender then squirt. Oil on it's own wouldn't be absorbed that quickly as the digestive system absorbs fatty compounds as emulsions. I wondered if it would be possible to do that with salvinorin A (then the prospect of getting a fuckin' huge dose made me reconsider - accidentally getting say 10mg like that would be the sort of thing that would haunt you for the rest of your life!).

Basically if it's a drug with low water solubility and high fat solubility (referred to in journals/papers etc as its octanol-water partition coefficient), churn it up with milk then squirt it up your arse to get the best result. Now thinking about it, it might be good for kavalactones as well (except for the numb arse bit!)

I apologize in advance for the length of this reply, and ask that you believe that I am seriously trying to learn something here; I'm not trying to argue or cause any problems.

First, I really did search. You can do the same searches I did and I assure you that you will find quite a few comments/posts that claim Klonopin either cannot be plugged at all, or is not worth the effort. I tried searches such as "plug* benzo*", "plug* klon*", "plug* xanax", "rectal* benzo*", etc. You can also see that quite a few of these posts claim that the reason for this (or one of them, at least) is that benzos are not water soluble. I'm not saying you're wrong; I am merely telling you what I've read.

Water solubility comes into play with insufflation, not just injection. Anything not water soluble is going to clog up the nose and not absorb, which is what Klonopin would do if simply crushed as is and snorted. Does this actually have nothing to do with solubility, either?

I'm not about to say that you didn't have a successful experience (or experiences) with plugging Klonopin; I can't tell you what you've experienced, and if you say it worked well for you, I have no reason to disbelieve you. You're right, though -- it IS disputed, by a lot of people on several sites, and I'd really like to understand why so many sources seem so sure of what they're saying when apparently they're all completely wrong.

Common knowledge that plugging makes you gay? Hmm. We don't believe that around here. What a ridiculous notion.

Your rectum's job is to pass feces, not to absorb pills not meant to be taken rectally. I'm not AT ALL against plugging and have done it more than a few times in my life with excellent results and no regrets, but I'm aware that by doing so I AM in fact giving my ass a job it isn't made for. Again, I'm not against the practice whatsoever, but the ass's only job is to remove waste. As for the binders/fillers "ending up there anyway", have you considered stomach acid that dissolves all of that when the pill is taken orally? I've eaten all different colors of pills, and I've never shit out the binders later; it doesn't end up in your ass unless you put it in your ass.

As I said, I understand anxiety/panic very well; I spent the better part of a year almost entirely in one room due to severe, multiple daily panic attacks before I finally went out and got prescribed Klonopin for it. I know how horrible anxiety and panic attacks can be, and how desperate the need for something to make it go away can get. I do believe, though, that if your anxiety is so intense that you need to plug your medication because you can't wait the half hour -- or considerably less if you crush it or take it sublingually, which hits faster than anally IIRC -- then you should probably be on a decent medication regimen that does actually control your anxiety. That's not meant to sound preachy or anything, but I know that it's a lot easier for me to take three pills a day and be panic-free 24/7 than to wait until the panic gets so bad that I have to go to fairly dire measures to ease it. But please hear me when I repeat that I know how much of a nightmare it can be between beginning to panic and feeling the benzos kick in. I've spent many a night in the ER sure it was a heart attack because the attacks were that severe. As soon as they put me on Klonopin daily as opposed to a PRN, the panic stopped. If you have terrible anxiety -- which is an absolutely debilitating problem that can seriously fuck your life up -- don't you think maybe you should properly medicate the illness instead of ever GETTING to the point of the "waiting for it to kick in nightmare"?

I never said that plugging doesn't work, nor did I say it was "gay"'; please do not put words in my mouth. I just don't understand why there are quite a few posts here that insist that plugging benzos is either a) a waste of time (could it just perhaps be that what works for some doesn't for others?), b) not worth it, or c) may work with diminished effects. Obviously plugging the entire pill will take forever to absorb, and by the time it takes to prepare to plug it so that it absorbs more quickly, isn't it conceivable that by then the pill could have simply been eaten?

I've really looked around this site and others and can find nothing factual saying that benzos are, at the very least, any MORE effective than simply eating them. (I didn't find anything factual saying they could be plugged at all, but again, I am always open to learning and if I'm wrong, so be it and I apologize.) However, I would really like to see some kind of documentation on this topic, beyond what a bunch of people say on a messageboard; you yourself said they're "all wrong" anyway.

Let me finish by saying I'm really not a mean person and if I came out that way I do apologize. From my POV, I've been told/have read over and over that plugging Klonopin is a waste of time, and now you say that I'm not only completely wrong about that but insinuating that I think that anal administration of (at least some) drugs doesn't work, or that I think it's "gay". I'm bisexual. Shoving something up my ass didn't make me that way any more than it would anyone else.

--

fastandbulbous,

In searching (on and off this site), I have found several references about certain benzos specifically made for rectal administration and/or simply in liquid form so that they can be used in multiple ways. I can't seem to find anything about Klonopin in that form. Also, that sort of medication is already in the form of a liquid; we're talking about crushing pills up and inserting them (or doing so with liquid). Not quite the same as rectally administering liquid Valium to a pet or child.

Again, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm not the type to refuse fact in a feeble attempt to save face. However, what's being presented here by all of us, myself included, is not fact (as in, none of us have actually shown sources backing up our claims). Based solely on the experiences/opinions on BL, it seems thus far that many people do not think plugging benzos is worth it or doesn't work, so even if I am wrong, apparently it's a very common thing to believe. I would really like to see some kind of proof, if any is available. Otherwise we're all just talking about what we've read and heard and done, and we won't get anywhere that way.

I must also wonder why people go through the more "exotic" preparation needed to successfully plug Klonopin when the effects, though they will have a quicker onset (minus the time it takes to prepare the stuff), will not produce much if any of a stronger effect due to its high bioavailability. Plugging ecstasy close to doubles the potency for me, and it takes about five minutes to make it ready to plug; five minutes and voila, I've gotten almost two pills for the price of one. Why would someone do this with a pill that not only requires more prep work before plugging, but won't really make a difference as far as effects?

Just from this site, here are some threads in which people say that plugging doesn't work and/or is not worth it.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=227513&highlight=plugging+klonopin

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=91706&highlight=plugging+klonopin (That one actually claims there is a gel form of clonazepam made for rectal use, though I don't know if that's correct.)

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=39375&highlight=plugging+benzo*

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=38461&highlight=plugging+benzo*

I'll stop there. I am really, truly just trying to figure out why so many people believe something that you guys claim is untrue, and why I can't seem to find a thing on the internet (off of messageboards) that says Klonopin is effective or more effective rectally. My goal here is to teach what I know, and learn what I don't, so if I am indeed wrong, all I want is some sort of reliable source (no offense to anyone here). Hell, I once believed ecstasy had heroin in it, and firmly upheld that belief until proven wrong; I will gladly apologize and gracefully accept the fact that I'm wrong on this point, too, if someone can show me some facts. v

ratherbewater said:
Water solubility comes into play with insufflation, not just injection. Anything not water soluble is going to clog up the nose and not absorb, which is what Klonopin would do if simply crushed as is and snorted. Does this actually have nothing to do with solubility, either?

I did agree with you that binders WILL clog up the nose. Sure, some of those binder aren't water soluble. No, that has nothing to do with water solubility of the drug, or the absorption of the drug.

Common knowledge that plugging makes you gay? Hmm. We don't believe that around here. What a ridiculous notion.

And then:

Your rectum's job is to pass feces, not to absorb pills not meant to be taken rectally. I'm not AT ALL against plugging and have done it more than a few times in my life with excellent results and no regrets, but I'm aware that by doing so I AM in fact giving my ass a job it isn't made for. Again, I'm not against the practice whatsoever, but the ass's only job is to remove waste.

Ahhh, but now you're suggesting that anal sex is wrong too since it is not the rectum's job to accept a plowing? Excuse my french, but your logic, my friend, is flawed. Who is who to define what the rectum is allowed to do? Since I'm gay (heh), I guess I can choose to be offended by all this, but I guess I wont ;)

As for the binders/fillers "ending up there anyway", have you considered stomach acid that dissolves all of that when the pill is taken orally? I've eaten all different colors of pills, and I've never shit out the binders later; it doesn't end up in your ass unless you put it in your ass.

Ok, so the acid dissolves it. Your stomach acid is not a black hole, it may dissolve the pill, so the binders will be dissolved, but they will not vanish. In fact, think about it, perhaps this is why you never see the colours in your feces? Or did you forget that your feces get their colour from secretions (mainly bile, whose job is, surprise surprise, to emulsify fat-solubles like *ghasp!* benzos in order for them to *ghasp!* be absorbed by the intestines, part of which is *ghasp!* the rectum!?

As I said, I understand anxiety/panic very well; I spent the better part of a year almost entirely in one room due to severe, multiple daily panic attacks before I finally went out and got prescribed Klonopin for it. I know how horrible anxiety and panic attacks can be, and how desperate the need for something to make it go away can get. I do believe, though, that if your anxiety is so intense that you need to plug your medication because you can't wait the half hour -- or considerably less if you crush it or take it sublingually, which hits faster than anally IIRC -- then you should probably be on a decent medication regimen that does actually control your anxiety. That's not meant to sound preachy or anything, but I know that it's a lot easier for me to take three pills a day and be panic-free 24/7 than to wait until the panic gets so bad that I have to go to fairly dire measures to ease it. But please hear me when I repeat that I know how much of a nightmare it can be between beginning to panic and feeling the benzos kick in. I've spent many a night in the ER sure it was a heart attack because the attacks were that severe. As soon as they put me on Klonopin daily as opposed to a PRN, the panic stopped. If you have terrible anxiety -- which is an absolutely debilitating problem that can seriously fuck your life up -- don't you think maybe you should properly medicate the illness instead of ever GETTING to the point of the "waiting for it to kick in nightmare"?

I am glad you've never had the misfortune of experiencing a bad trip, my friend :).

I never said that plugging doesn't work, nor did I say it was "gay"'; please do not put words in my mouth.

When did I say that you said that?? I was saying that this is the general feeling in the community towards plugging.

I just don't understand why there are quite a few posts here that insist that plugging benzos is either a) a waste of time (could it just perhaps be that what works for some doesn't for others?), b) not worth it, or c) may work with diminished effects.

It is called mass misinformation. Kinda like how people used to think the earth was flat, you know?

Obviously plugging the entire pill will take forever to absorb, and by the time it takes to prepare to plug it so that it absorbs more quickly, isn't it conceivable that by then the pill could have simply been eaten?

Thats why milk is suggested. It takes me 3 minutes to prepare a 2mg clonazepam pill that way (Crush, stir, suck into syringe, squirt), and 15mins for it to kick in. It takes me less than a minute to eat it, but at least an hour to feel it. You do the math.

I've really looked around this site and others and can find nothing factual saying that benzos are, at the very least, any MORE effective than simply eating them. (I didn't find anything factual saying they could be plugged at all, but again, I am always open to learning and if I'm wrong, so be it and I apologize.) However, I would really like to see some kind of documentation on this topic, beyond what a bunch of people say on a messageboard; you yourself said they're "all wrong" anyway.

Actually, to my knowledge, there isn't any formal research going on about people who choose to dissolve their pills in milk and squirt that rectally, to my knowledge. It is ultimately up to you to try it for yourself. However F&B gave you some info regarding the practice in veterinary.It really all depends on what you consider "fact" - and it seems to me that you have lots of your "facts" wrong, especially regarding intestinal structure and funtion. I highly recommend you get a general biology or animal physiology textbook (or just look for reliable info online) about the digestive system, and once you learn how it works, you'll know what we are basing our logic on.

Last edited:
Your rectum's job is to pass feces, not to absorb pills not meant to be taken rectally.

Er, no. The function of your colon (the last part of the GI tract) is to re-absorb water & electrolytes from the faeces before they are passed from the body - this serves to increase their consistancy and to prevent excessive loss of water & minerals. When you have diarrhoea, you lose excessive water and electrolytes as the faeces don't have time to stay in the colon long enough for said reabsorbtion - that's why if severe you have to take oral rehydrating fluid to replace lost electrolytes.

As well as absorbing electrolytes, it's pretty good at absorbing any solutions of drugs in their salt form. It has a bloody good blood supply to enable very efficient reabsorbtion, so any solution of a drug squirted up there igets into the main circulation (and as such to the brain) very quickly. While emulsions aren't true solutions, they're close enough such that both the water and fat are absorbed equally quickly, so any benzodiazepine in either an aqueous soln or dissolved in an emulsion gets into the bloodstream pretty quickly. Even so, some benzos are heavily dependant upon active metabolites to exert their full effects so even getting the drug into the bloodstream quickly isn't going to guarentee a quick onset - those benzos are also dependant upon metabolic conversion to a more active metabolite.

If you want a ref to check, just pick up any degree level physiology text book and look up 'reabsorbtion' & 'colon'