• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Uppers and downers (opiates + amphetamines): good and bad

If u r really interested in the exact interaction maybe pick up a medical book on the exact physiological effects of amphetamine and opioids. They probably wouldn't be written about at the same time but u can make the connections. Then u can come back and teach us all about it. I sure don't have enough knowledge to tell what happens on a physiological level when amphetamine is taken with opiates.

Djsim, moderator in other drugs, is a pharmacist who is currently studying to be a doctor in Australia. He has lots and lots of knowledge crammed into his brain. maybe u can PM him to contribute to the thread. Just a suggestion. He would be my best option on the most accurate and unbiased information.

Hope that helps.

I got hooked on smack after restarting an Amphetamine habit. Being cranked makes the transition to being opiated much more drastic (and pleasurable). Sort of like the best shots of dope are when you're shitting your pants sick. The change is so massive it makes the good better. My ex used to shoot meth + dope all the time.

Interesting note: one story goes that the origin of Amphetamines + Heroin/Morphine injected together originated with army personnel on leave in Yokohama, Japan during the Korean War. Burroughs wrote a good deal about the ex-army guys at Lexington Narcotics Hospital talking about shooting speedballs in Yokohama. I'm willing to believe it.

There have been a lot of threads about the specific dangers of speedballs, but you're right that a lot of that information is irrelevant because of Cocaine's specific characteristics which seem to be the main danger, followed by the chance that an opioid naive person would take too much dope not realizing how it is effecting them fully due to the stimulation, resulting in respiratory depression when the stimulant wears off.

Theres a long history of combining opioids and powerful stimulants medically. Brompton's Cocktail and Pipradol come to mind. A whole lot of MMT and BMT patients on BL routinely talk about their prescriptions to Adderall/Dexedrine/Ritalin/Concerta/etc.

You may have better luck in ADD. While they may post sources and quote various journal articles, my guess is that the conclusion will be the same- there are risks, but they are not as grave as combining Cocaine with opioids, and done semi-responsibly there is little cause for concern, especially with spaced administration and low(er) doses.

Cocaine is a weird drug in that it's a triple reuptake inhibitor and targets the mesolimbic reward pathway. Interestingly, MDMA is a serotonin-norepinephrine-dopamine releaser, which is intrinsically a triple reuptake inhibitor as well. Almost all of the opiates and opioids target the reward pathway as well via opiate-peptide receptors which indirectly affect a number of other neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine. Amphetamines have serotonin and norepinephrine releasing properties, so there really isn't too much of a direct interaction with opiates and ampetamines in the CNS, but some of the physiological effects can be exacerbated by the combination. Euphoria is most definitely potentiated but some of the qualities that give magic to the amps and opes singularly is lost IMO and is counterproductive for my tastes.

How does ephedrine mix with morphine? Or any other opiate? Been wanting to mix ephedrine and morphine. I would use a real amphetamine if i had some. Ephedrine is all i have. "so sad"

i like taking my opiates alone, for some reason when i mixed em with adderall everything felt canceled out, I wasn't able to fully appreciate the opiate, or even the adderall in its entirity.

I went through a period where I hated stimulants, and I was all about downers. However, when I got on MMT i was introduced to I.V coke, and that really changed my oppinion. methadone and coke are great, and methadone and amphetamines are even better. I find it really works well together, because your not too sedated and your not too speedy. I'm the type of person that likes to get shit done while I'm high, so being over sedated is depressing to me.

this

I went through a period where I hated stimulants, and I was all about downers. However, when I got on MMT i was introduced to I.V coke, and that really changed my oppinion. methadone and coke are great, and methadone and amphetamines are even better. I find it really works well together, because your not too sedated and your not too speedy. I'm the type of person that likes to get shit done while I'm high, so being over sedated is depressing to me.
... Me and a good friend ..well lets call him Swim.! I used to shoot dope with my good friend Swim and one day Swim had Hydromorphone"Dilaudid" & some Strong Coke to for us to boot. I had never shot coke before let alone mixed with and opiate and WOW..!!8o Best High Ever.! ..so i feel ya on that ;) ..would do it again if i had access.=D ..Thanks for the reply ..Rx

that

i like taking my opiates alone, for some reason when i mixed em with adderall everything felt canceled out, I wasn't able to fully appreciate the opiate, or even the adderall in its entirity.

..I was worried about them canceling each other out. About a year ago i ate adderall all day ..then later that night i ate about 200mg morphine and did not feel the morphine at all. I did feel the body fx bout no high.! I thought i prob used up all my dopamine from the adderall. Thanks for the reply ...Rx

I am prescribed 10mg of adderall 4 times per day. Last fall I contracted oral HSV. i was one of the unfortunate 10% of the population that didn't get exposed to it as a child and it was horrid. My dr said it was the worst case he had ever seen. He prescribed me 7.5mgs of Hydrocodone "as needed but not to exceed 6 per day. When he handed me the script i looked at him very confused and stated "but i can't take this and adderall together can i?" He explained to me there is no danger taking the two together at prescribed doses because both have a similar duration. I like many others were afraid of mixing uppers and downers but he further explained the reason why "speedballs" are dangerous:

The reason people die from speedballs is due to the short duration of cocaine and the much longer duration of heroin. Simply put. Coke shoots your body into a hyper-stimulated state then it wears off while the heroin is still going strong. The result is your body is violently pulled from a stimulated state to a depressed state and in worse case scenarios goes into shock leading to respiratory failure and death.

As with many drugs and drug combinations the danger is directly related to the dosage. If you can safely handle X amount of adderall and X amount of opiate separately then you should be safe taking them together ORALLY. IF and ONLY IF the dosages are within FDA APPROVED RANGES. Otherwise i say stay away!!!

Again key points: SAFE DOSAGE and SIMILAR DURATION!!! This goes for other stimulants and depressants as well. Know you your body, be smart, and always play it safe. Pushing the envelope leads to pushing up daisies.

How does ephedrine mix with morphine? Or any other opiate? Been wanting to mix ephedrine and morphine. I would use a real amphetamine if i had some. Ephedrine is all i have. "so sad"

Not a bad mix IMO. Ephedrine doesn't really create any stimulant-esque euphoria, but it does pack some pep, and can definitely give a mood lift/motivation boost on its own. With Morphine, which is one of the drowsiest Opiates, having something like Ephedra or even Pseudoephedrine can help counteract that drowsiness and keep you more alert. Unless you want to nod out of course, then you probably want to just skip the Ephedra.

Morphine + Amphetamine? One of my favorite combinations ever;)

i used to date a girl that woke up every morning and blasted lines of adderall and oxy mixed together, and i've taken opiates while on rit or adderall many times in the past. it never seemed to harm her or me any more than taking drugs normally would. this is not medical advice or anything, but from what i've witnessed/eperienced, there were no severly adverse consequences.

like someone else said, i think the danger of speedballs is when the stimulant wears off, you may have taken too much of the opiate and that's when people die or whatever. again, i'm no doctor though, so i'm just sharing my experience and personal understanding of this subject. please don't read this as me telling anyone it's definitely safe bc i don't know.

My experience but not medical information for ya, sorry

Well I gotta add my .02 cents on this thread. I don't have a scientific or physiological answer for anyone but I do know that before I got off the needle (started with oxy moved to heroin) I one night had an opportunity to "speedball" with some ice......

Ima tell you I was in love with my heroin alone and didn't think anything would be better but you throw that ice in the mix and I seriously had an orgasm with that first shot....

It was like adding that third person into a two way of great drugged up wanting more can't get enough sex.....sheeesh it was amazing.

Luckily I am pretty far down the road of being away from that stuff or just this thought and a few phone calls and I would have been gunning for it.

Sorry, just had to comment about that....
kricket~

People freak out on these boards about the use of stimulants and opiates or what have you. But the statistics really aren't there. You're talking about a little bit of adderall and a little bit of some opiate. It would be unrealistic for you to worry about heart failure (haha), or some other retarded bullshit. Like the odds of you're child getting abducted because you let them play in your backyard unsupervised don't make sense when you see the amount of fear some people have for shit like that.

Ask this question when you're injecting a gram of meth with a gram of heroin, and I think a lot of the fear that people discuss in these posts may be a little more likely. I personally have to have either an opiate or a benzo, like many people do, whenever I do amphetamines of any kind. Otherwise I enter near-suicidal depression every time.

adderall injection

can someone please tell me how to shoot 20mg adderall and break it down for me in simple terms, no chemistry bullshit plz.

can someone please tell me how to shoot 20mg adderall and break it down for me in simple terms, no chemistry bullshit plz.

Despite this being a terrible idea, I'm sure there are more than a few people who can help you, but this thread is not the appropriate place to ask.

Try searching around, and if you still can't find the info you're looking for, you can always start your own thread, though I'll warn you that it would be a more or less self-serving thread and will likely get closed. Honestly, just take it orally or sniff it.

One of my favorite combo's used to be 30mg+ Adderall IR, and at the peak I would start railing mass amounts of Oxymorphone. Ohhhh, sweet euphoria. Too bad my heart can't take that non-sense anymore..

ive been doin meth and oxy for the past week.. i wait a couple hours to take the oxy because if i take it to early, the meth overpowers it. I love the combination especially with some xanax and a few brews. i would say defiantly dose both if ur using adderall it shouldn't over power the opiates too much.

Im about to attempt 1mg suboxone and 130mg of 4-FA, both nasally.
Lets hope all goes well :)

One time i took 15mg hydrocodone with 30mg adderal. I felt veerrrry good. I would recommend, although i dont know too much about the health risks. I had a stomach ache on the comedown btw, not sure if its related.

I strongly dislike the amphetamine/opiate combination, I used to take maybe 30 mg of Dexedrine and 30 mg of oxycodone or 60 mg of morphine, the opiate takes away a lot of the "edge" (anxiety) from the speed but other than that, they took away the nod (opiate) and the ability to go for hours and hours without tiring (speed), which is why I did that combo only twice or 3 times. I like to use opiates to come down off Dexedrine, a few hours after the high from the speed wears off I'll pop a morphine and sleep. Sometimes if I can't sleep even with the morphine I'll take a melatonin, and that works even better.

Last edited: