Bluelight

Thread: San Pedro Cacti

1. Collapse Details
    San Pedro Cacti 
    Hi,

I have a few Qs for you guys…

I want to order some San Pedro Cacti, and I saw on some website some 12’’ cuttings. What do you think is this fresh or dry? It’s doesn’t say neither it is fresh or dry. And how much usually 12’’ cutting weight?

I know the dosage of dried cacti cutting is 30g-50g, and dosage of fresh one is 300g-500g. Ok, how the hell I can eat that much cacti (fresh)?

If somebody can post how can I extract mescaline from cacti (if it is by rules)...

Thanks in advance…

2. Collapse Details

Btw I found on another (UK) website offer where they sell 800g of dried San Pedro cuttings for 20 pounds, 30 pounds (44 euros) with shipping. It's about 20 doses, right? How it can be that cheap? Am I missing something?

3. Collapse Details

The dosage for dried Peruvian Torch is around 25-45g, the dosage for dried San Pedro is probably around 75-110g. You can go to erowid and not only find a bunch of preparation methods but a couple different ways of doing an extraction. I wish I had a cactus right now, extractions are so much fun.

Oh and for a fresh dose of San Pedro anywhere between 12"-24" should do the trick.

4. Collapse Details

I know the dosage of dried cacti cutting is 30g-50g

I think this refers to just the dried outer skin of the pedro which contains the most mescaline. The 12" cuttings consists of all of the cacti - including the white core which contains little or no mescaline. You'll probably need to eat a lot more of this stuff.

But you can buy the dried outer skin too so keep your eyes peeled.

Ok, how the hell I can eat that much cacti (fresh)?

With great difficulty. Eating 30-50g of the dried outer skin is bad enough.

f somebody can post how can I extract mescaline from cacti (if it is by rules)...

To extract the alkaloids you're going to need to do an acid/base extraction, so you'll need to buy things like xylene. For your first time it's probably better just boiling the cacti in a pressure cooker (15lbs pressure) for 20-30 mins and drinking as much of the godawful liquid you can choke down before you vomit.

Bear in mind the pedro cacti dried in any way is a class A drug and if Plod catches you with it there will be hell to pay.

5. Collapse Details

Originally posted by CretiNation
    Oh and for a fresh dose of San Pedro anywhere between 12"-24" should do the trick.
    So you think when they say doses in inches it's fresh cutting?

Originally posted by Ismene
    For your first time it's probably better just boiling the cacti in a pressure cooker (15lbs pressure) for 20-30 mins and drinking as much of the godawful liquid you can choke down before you vomit.
    Just boil the cacti cuttings and that's it?

Originally posted by Ismene

Bear in mind the pedro cacti dried in any way is a class A drug and if Plod catches you with it there will be hell to pay.
    I'm not from the US. Btw if they sell on UK's sites dried cacti cuttings does it means it's legal to possess it in the UK (I'm not from UK, but I'm from Europe) ?

6. Collapse Details

Just boil the cacti cuttings and that's it?

Yep. If you want to be anal about it you could repeat the process a few times, straining the cacti each time to extract as much mescaline into the water as possible. Boil it down to half a pint or so then hold your nose and try and drink it.

If you're boiling it rather than pressure cooker then boil for at least 2 hours each time.

Btw if they sell on UK's sites dried cacti cuttings does it means it's legal to possess it in the UK

No, dried cacti is a class A drug in the UK. The cops just havn't got round to busting them yet.

7. Collapse Details

does anyone have any experience with the dried powder incense. It looks very cheap to compare with the real thing. I wonder if that is what the do with the rest of the cactus when the peel the outer flesh for the high quality chunks.

8. Collapse Details
    Simple Raw Extraction... 
    Bluelighter
    Using this procedure and 100g of dried material (50g a piece) put SWIM and a friend into a living oil painting for 10 or so hours...it was agreed that is was one of the most beautiful experience of their lives...

...taken from http://www.shroomery.org/forums/sho...rue#Post4325639

If you are planning on drying it, then I suggest that after it is dry, you should extract it with some 190 proof grain alcohol.
    Steps include:
    1) Grind dry cactus flesh as fine as you can into a powder.

2) Soak in grain alcohol for 2 or 3 days, shaking every now and then.

3) Filter off grain alcohol and save it and add fresh grain alcohol to the cactus to soak some more. Repeat this process until you feel that all of your mescaline is in the alcohol. I usually do it 3-4 times.

4) Once you are done soaking, you can throw the cactus pulp away. All of your mescaline should be in the grain alcohol.

5) Pour your mescaline containing alcohol into a large flat pan and evaporate the alcohol away. You'll want to have good ventilation for this(or not if you like breathing in alcohol vapors).

6) You should be left with a thick tar/syrup.

A teaspoon usually does the trick for me.

NOTE: SWIM and friend chose to encapsulate the tar...ended up being about 7 or 8 '00' capsules, as they recall.

9. Collapse Details

Read MJ Shroomers tek for fresh cacti. Works incredibly well. I've gotten nice trips off 12". Depends on the cactus and person though. 18-24+ is ideal

10. Collapse Details

Thanks a million for the alcohol tek man - sounds like the key to enjoying pedro without the godawful taste!

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Ismene--> the alcohol tek totally bypasses the nasty taste...well unless you toss your cookies during the come up, but I don't have a tek for that one...

12. Collapse Details

I've used acidic solutions, and just plain water. Honestly, can't detect a difference, nor can anyone I know. But, I usually boil for around 4 hours for the best results. Perhaps the lemon juice will help it work faster, but I like to take my time and not waste all that cacti.

I simply think the cacti are too bitter in the first place. Add lemon juice and my throat just won't have it.

Best way to go:
    Chop it into 1 inch thick stars. Cut those into at least 1/4s.

One cup cacti stars into the blender, with one cup water, blend until it's chunkless, white/green bubbly goop. Repeat until all cacti is gone.

As you empty the blender each time, you should fill up your cooking pot, but it will bubble like crazy, so make sure theres still plenty room. Boil on a medium heat, and stir stir stir.

The froth should seperate from the liquid. Keep stirring until it again mixes into a dark green liquid (the froth is almost neon green before it mixes back). Once they've become one, put it on a low heat. Just enough to boil.

From this point on, I'd cook for no less than 3 hours. 4 is what I usually go for, but the longer the better. If I only do 3 hours, I find that redoing the procedure with the pulp, like said before, will result in more good juice. But, when I do it for long enough it comes out enough the first time. The second extraction yields a not-so-bitter juice. bitter=key.

Strain the crap out of it, and be careful. Most spines are destroyed and made into a flimsy rubbery product, but some might still be in the solid ball of matter you squeeze.

Bottoms up. I find it best to gulp a bit of cactus, rinse with water, repeat. More taste (apples, etc) just adds to the disgust for me. I usually switch off with the water. First time rinse, second time take an actual gulp of water. I've heard not to drink way more water than you do cacti to get it down, so it works out fine.

final step: wait, sometimes for a very long time. unless of course, you had some syrian rue. wait as little as 15 minutes then. (Recommended that you take 1/3 of your usual 'comfortable' dose.)

13. Collapse Details

12" is around a foot. that's normaly a threshold dose, with most Peds. You'll have lots and lots of fun, but if you want a full blown vision quest, I'd go around 3 feet. But, if you only have one foot, I'd check out this method here:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthrea...mescaline+brew

You'll get the most out of your plant this way.

Good Luck

14. Collapse Details

One question lilshoin....can't get grain alcohol in the UK, will high proof vodka do the trick?

15. Collapse Details

Be careful equating length to dosage. San Pedro varies wildly in its potency. I have a particularly potent pedro - 3" was way beyond threshold. 3 foot would put you in another universe.

16. Collapse Details

Originally posted by Red Earth
    12" is around a foot.
    Classic tip.

17. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Ismene, the higher the proof the better...lower proof alcohol will leave more water in the extract. It shouldn't effect the potency of the extract but it will lead to longer drying time. I haven't tried it but I suppose you could use mild heat to expedite the drying process...just be careful not to burn it to all heck.

SWIM used approx. 1L per 100g of dried cactus material so I suppose you could figure out how much vodka it would take to get 1L of alcohol (ie 1L of 40% vodka would be approx. 400mL of alcohol) then adjust the amount of vodka to get 1L of alcohol. Having said that, water is the universal solvent so adjusting volumes may not be that critical. Looks like you will be breaking new ground. Don't forget to document your process (mentally perhaps)...in the name of science, of course.

Good luck...

18. Collapse Details

Thanks man. AFOAF currently has 80g of powdered incense mixed with almost a big bottle of vodka. Keeps seperating into the green powdered layer and a nice black vodka layer. Stirring it every few hours or so.

Think it's worth acidifying it slightly with lemon juice? Or would that be overkill?

19. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Hard to say...looks like you'll have to do a couple of experiments to find that out...

...as always, in the name of science

20. Collapse Details

Do you have to do the extraction? What happens if you just eat it?

21. Collapse Details

some people can not get the cacti down without throwing up, others find the nausia isnt bearable.

I find an extraction would be the easiet way for consumption. If you have the patience to cap a hell of a load of mescaline then i would do so, might not help with the nausia but it sure tastes better than chomping on cactus

22. Collapse Details

^^ I have pretty distinct taste buds... Everybody complains about how bad shrooms, HBWR, meth, and all that shit is, but I have no problem grabbing a couple morning glories and chomping or licking meth residue off a spoon...lmao... I'm pretty sure cacti will sit will with me.

23. Collapse Details

Originally posted by Poison IV
    ^^ I have pretty distinct taste buds... Everybody complains about how bad shrooms, HBWR, meth, and all that shit is, but I have no problem grabbing a couple morning glories and chomping or licking meth residue off a spoon...lmao... I'm pretty sure cacti will sit will with me.
    Haha. I hope you have better luck than me.

I too have a pretty strong stomach and have never had a problem getting anything down. But this stuff in fresh or brewed form has to be about the most disgusting concoction on the face of the planet. It's not just the taste, it's the viscosity, the texture, the taste all combined. Simply horrific. Getting it down is one thing. Keeping it down is just as important. This stuff can really set the gag reflex off.

If you don't have extra material sitting around and don't want to chance wasting your only dose, I would suggest you try a different approach to ingesting it.

The crude alcohol extraction works pretty well to come up with a 'goo'. But I'm not convinced it's a very complete extraction. If you can come across dried material or dry it well yourself and grind it into a fine powder, consuming the raw powder is nowhere near as bad either in my opinion. If you don't want to pack/swallow a shitload of capsules (and it will be a lot) you can mix a small amount of powder in some grapefruit juice or yogurt and test it to make sure you'll be able to consume it in that manner. It gels quickly when rehydrated, so you need to chug or slam it quickly once you mix it. If you are unable to consume the raw powder, you can always extract the dried material with ethanol later and nothing goes to waste.

Good times.

24. Collapse Details

Jeeze were the freekin indians doing all these exstactions or just eating them. I would do it traditional and just eat the mofo. But what do I have to cut off and discard? just the middle core. I am gonna eat just the skin right? and about 12" or so will be a decent does or I need maybe 2' to 3'

25. Collapse Details

dude if you ate 3' feet of raw cactus it would probably take you a couple of days...

boil the cactus like Elgr says, get ready for one of the worst tastes in the universe - then enjoy.