• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

SWAT Team busts Utah rave; excessive force alleged (Merged)

Just read where an interview with the promoter had him admitting he got the health permits (which required the port-o-potties, trash, and EMTs) but he didn't know there was a seperate permit from the city to gather more than 250 people. D-U-M-B-A-S-S (there were two other similar events recently in that county).

Granted, the cops were overboard in what they were doing, but c'mon....you're supposed to ensure a safe and legal venue for your patrons :\ He knew it was a place that didn't want these kinds of things, but he didn't do evertyhing necessary to keep the asshole local gov't satisfied.

I feel bad for the patrons, but not for the promoter.

Side note - I wonder if the UT churches need permits for 250+ people?

Not quite what I read, but similar in that there needed to be another permit. He got the mass-gathering permit but not a security one.

http://www.music-versus-guns.org/ has articles, videos and testimonials.

To have more than 250 at an event without that permit is a violation of the law, Gilbert said.
Party promotor Brandon Fullmer said he purchased a mass gathering permit through the Utah County Health Department about three weeks ago. The purchase of that permit, which ensures water, sanitation and medical services, was confirmed by County Health employee Jay Stone.
Fullmer did not know that a similar permit, which requires a security plan and event details, needed to be acquired.

this is the world we live in....

i feel sorry for any1 rollin then suddenly gets rushed by angry soldiers with dogs. o god ...

^^

I feel much worse for any unfortunate soul who was tripping that night.

Or anyone on their frst roll, or first rave, or anything like that

It is so ridiculous. The police here have nothing better to do, but send the entire task force and swat to break up 1 rave.

this is scary shit

i guess the cops got there message across damn constitutional rights anyway

what i found the most unbelievable is the sherriffs attitude he acted like he was doing this to protect people

Should have done this earlier, but I'm going to bounce this thru a few other forums as well.

This is really bothering me....

i watched teh video.
It made me soo sad.
"Making an example out of them".
Horrible.

Shouldn't the cops get fucked for brutality?

This is an official statement made by the promoters of the party in reference to whether it was illegal or not.

in Section 13-4-2-1:

Required.

No person shall permit, maintain, promote, conduct,
advertise, act as entrepreneur, undertake, organize,
manage, or sell or give tickets to an actual or
reasonably anticipated assembly of two hundred fifty
(250) or more people which continues or can
reasonably be expected to continue for twelve (12) or
more consecutive hours, whether on public or private
property unless a license to hold the assembly has
first been issued by the County Commissioners. (Ord.
No. 1971-4, Section 2, 7-7-71) (emphasis added)

It states that if the party was to exceed 250 people OR go over 12 consecutive hours we would have needed to clear it with the county commissioner.

The FACT is, that although the party was to exceed 250 people, it was NOT to go over 12 hours. This is evidenced by the DJ’s time slots, and the agreement between Performance Audio and Brandon Fullmer. The permit was granted, and then seized by the Utah County police, clearly stated across the top “Utah County Health Department Mass Gathering Permit.”

Merged thread from NASocial and re-bounced across some forums - ought to keep this to a single thread disucssion.

Fox 13 has some of the ugliest looking news anchors I've ever seen. Disgraceful about the whole rave bust business though. Peace.

The police confiscated 3 video tapes in total. People were trying to document what was happening out there. The police saw one guy filming and ran after him, tackled him and his camera fell, and luckily.. his friend grabbed it and ran and got away. priceless footage. That's not all though. Out of 1,500 people, there's sure to be more footage.

yeap, im gonna start bringing my full video digi-cam to parties from now on.

this is really shocking, im glad theres some evidence out there too. its really really sad, the direction this country is going. this nationalist/imperialist/facist regime needs to end, very soon, or the american dream will.

i checked the front page of CNN.com jsut now, and its some douche apologizing for making an un politically correct comment about some other douche. this article, in this forum, is not on the front page of cnn.com. why is that? to me, this is national news, something every american should be quaking in their boots about.

swat.gif

GRRR! WE HAVE GUNS! WE HAVE POWER! NOW WE KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO HAVE A DICK BETWEEN OUR LEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright the video really pissed me off. What the fuck is wrong with people? I am going to kill the next person having harmless fun I see.

The local ABC station reported they ran into a kid who ODed on Molly. What a load of bullshit. People try to trivialize events like this (the bust; not the rave) as not that big of a deal because, "It's just cracking down on SOME people having fun. So it bummed their roll… whats the big deal?" I feel, however, that's the most important part. That gathering was so incredibly harmless and didn't offer a threat to any thinking rationally. All people effected by this will receive some love in the mail tomorrow from PL. Peace.

P.S.- It's a lot like the Nazi's practicing their strategies and skills in Spain before they tried on the larger scale. Not REALLY serious I just wanted to be the first to make a Nazi reference AND bring up a conspiracy/big brother theory.

Last edited:
i have no idea what happened, but i downloaded it, and 2 seconds later it dissapeared completely off my computer, no trace of it. i tried downloading it again, but it wont come up, and the sites wont load/bandwith exeeded/account deleted. whats up with this?

Wow do i love our government

and most people dont even know what we did to south america never mind our own country...

What a terrible horrible no good very bad day that would have been. Maybe I'll move to Australia. <-- Children's Book Reference :D

Oh wow, thats just fucking horrendous, I mean a SWAT team, I'll be honest I could only stomach one video, looking at shit like that just turns me towards hate which we can all do without.

By the way until the drug community gets itself organized in a serious manner shit like this will happen for ever in my eyes.