• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Poppy Pod Tea vs. Poppy Seed Tea

psychotiKK

Bluelighter
For the past two months or so, I have been ordering poppy seeds in bulk to consume. About 300 grams washed through twice makes me feel nice for the rest of the day. I have heard poppy pod tea is 'better' then poppy seed tea. If anyone has experimented with both, let me know which one is better and why. I'm looking for personal experiences, not stories of what you've heard from OpiateDood32 on the internet. =D

Never tried to brew seeds before, even though I could as I have a shitload from all the pods I've used. Even though the pod high is intense and long lasting, I don't think its all that great. And it varies so much from brew to brew that I always get a different high in varying intensities. Some times it just makes my upper body feel really dense and relaxed, sometimes the "high" blasts me into a straight nightmare nod. I tire of it after awhile. Not being able to piss for up to 24 hours REALLY fucking sucks, it leaves me in a dreamy haze for LONG after the high wears off, etc. Still, sometimes nothing beats just chilling with my friends on T.

I like pod tea better

You know thats a good question. PT is the drug I am by far most experienced with. Am 19, have been using for three years, and am about to have to deal with WDs. I would have to say that Poppy pod tea is better for the fact that it is more consitant with the morphine content. I used poppy seeds for a long time before I ever even tried pods and now I never drink the seeds becuase it is less of a toxic feeling. It may totally be a result of tolerance but it seems that at times seed teas have given me the most impressive morphine highs I have ever had but more often, some of the most dissapointing ones. It seems now that they are starting to only sell the seeds with little to no morphine. Back in the day it seemed like a good batch of seeds would get me as high and rarely, even higher than the pods. The same brand of seeds does nothing to me now and has a different flavor. It did seem that the super potent seed experiences I has did have a distinct flavor. There is a website www.poppyseedtea.com, that if they arent lying sacks of shits like ritalin death asking for money, their son died after drinking a seed tea that gave him a blood morphine level of six times the lethal dose. Man would I have killed for those seeds! It seems clear that the morhpine content in seeds varies vary dramatically.
Peace

That seems to be the problem with poppy tea, it is either a hit or a miss. Some days I have to use much more to get the same effect, and others use much less. I would have to agree with poppy seed tea and lower levels of morphine being present, as some of the highs I have gotten have varied. The last time I made PST, the water looked much 'cleaner' instead of having its usual dark, brown color. Carfentanilfreak, when you say the seeds give you a less 'toxic' feeling, can you explain a little more on the differences between the two? Thanks

Typo, what I mean is that poppy pod tea is less of a toxic feeling than poppy seed tea. Poppy pod and seed tea, although more potent than many prescription pain opiates, often have alot of side effects some of which are desireable and others that suck. It seems that the other alkaloids in poppy tea seem to prolong the effects of morphine somehow. Poppy seed tea and even pod tea, particularly with tolerance, gives me headaches,muscle relaxation (narcotine, noscapine, and papaverine), intoxication feeling, and even wierd feelings of stimulation (probably the thebaine) that you wouldnt find in a pure pharmaceutical opiate. Poppy pod tea usually has a cleaner feeling to the high atleast to me and feels more like a few morphine tablets than does the dirty poppy tea. I drank a seed tea once in an attempt to maintain my pod habit, and I swear it not only had no morphine but gave me a terrible headache and fucked me up so bad that I felt like I was having a bad trip. I swear a few times I had a batch of regular sized pods that were possibly hen and chick variety (not large) that were so awesome that they felt exactly the same and as clean as taking a morphine tablet only much stronger. Boy I miss those pods. Recently thought I have run into pods that not only put my neighbor in the hospital, but kind of disgustingly speed me up with anxiety, gave me terrible headaches, really fucked me up, and sent my blood pressure through the roof. One vendor says they have different "species" Unfortunatly they wouldnt tell you which ones are the somniferums, further more the somniferums with high thebaine. Every time you buy pods you are taking a gamble especially if you are addicted to them and rely on them because you want to stay away from high thebaine content but you will never know until you try them. High thebaine pods have more side effects and are more toxic than other pods.
Peace

Pod tea is an aquired taste, at best, but seed tee is just disgusting. I've never never had a bad experience on pod. Would I rather do herion or oxys? Sure, but where I live, you take what you can get. My one try with seeds tasted so nasty I couldn't choke it down.

Poppy tea can be an excellent alternative to OTC painkillers in addressing the severe cramps some women experience as part of the pre-menstruation cycle.

Of course, harvesting is a sticky legal business and the poppy is controlled in many places, but I can suggest a delicious concocction that I know works for some people. Brew up an organic concocction from the garden which includes the seeds, pod pieces, the stalk, fresh peppermint and spearmint in a big pot of water. Simmer it for an hour or so, and add honey to the mug before taking it. Delicious and warm tea is one of the best remedies for relaxing muscles. The pot can be filled up again, steeping the plant matter a second time. If used only on occasion and to address specific health issues, tolerance and dependance are not issues around which one should have to navigate.

I feel there is intrinsic value in taking in the full plant and all its alkaloids. Indeed there is a world of difference between certain species of the poppy. Vendors sometimes will not provide the information about which are psychoactive, and some do not even know when asked. This information is easily found online. Look for Papaver somniferum, with a keen eye out for the White Persians, famous for their large podheads.

Another question I have is how to distinguish the potency? (rather then just having some and waiting for the effects) I noticed the darker color of the tea usually has a higher potency, along with the oily residue left on the bottom of the cup. I believe the oily substance is most of the alkaloids, as it really reminds me of the water left over after cooking black tar heroin.

I started to drink the tea at 5:00 PM.

Also,

I have about 20 mg of liquid methadone, if I were to take this tomorrow morning early at say.. 8:00 AM would I still be able to feel high from the methadone and how long would it block out the effects of PST for? (incase I wanted to redose some PST the next day)

This is the fourth time PST has given me a VERY raspy voice to the point where it's noticeable. This ever happen to anyone else?

^I can definatly relate. I find it varies greatly from brew to brew but occasionally my voice gets so raspy I avoid talking to people.

Have any of you ever had really vivid dreams from T? After getting quite high a few days ago I went to sleep and had a horrible nightmare that I shot a little kid in the head on accident and was going to be sentanced to death, woke up and still thought it was real for a few minutes. I don't think I've ever had as vived a dream...I can remeber almost all the details of everything. It made me feel absolutly horrible, enough that I don't ever want to drink tea before I sleep again.

Some of my friends have had similar experiences.

Last edited:
When I am still feeling the tea and attempt to sleep, the entire night I constantly wake up and feel as if I never fell asleep once. It's really strange to just lie there for what seems like 5 minutes and wake up, then the notice its 11:00 in the afternoon.

So no one has ANY comments on how to distinguish it's potency? Hmm..

I haven't found any reliable way to distinguish potency. For awhile I thought darker tea would be more potent, but I had some light brown tea which I figured would be a dissappointment and ended up getting almost uncomfortably high.

^^^Ha I get that too. Just lay around for what seems like at little while trying to sleep and the next thing you know its morning.

I dont know about color that is a good question. I think taste is a better method. Although hard to explain. The strongest morphine pods ive ever had didnt have to nasty of a taste but they did have an aspect of taste that was in common with all the other really potent pods ive had. I had a truely impressive experience nodding off and scratching till I bled on poppy seeds once (probably one of the most instense opiate experiences) and I swear they had a wierd taste to them that I would swear was the actual morphine. I also had pods once that got me a very strange high but i swore they had no morphine whatsoever and were pure thebaine oripavine pods. Crazy thing was they had a taste so much worse than any other pods ive ever had. Probably not helpful but thats what i would say is the closest way.

Oh and ill bet there is a field test chemical you could use to test for the prescence of morphine. Ill bet if you made a tea and put the drops in, the more potent tea would produce a darker color. Is this a possible idea?

with the seed tea, the alkaloids come from what is still on the seeds. So, it's possible that some brands prewash their seeds. If you look on a certain online auction site, you can buy loads of dried pods...for flower arrangements, of course.

raspy voice and vivid dreams/nightmares

My wife and I use opiates, many different varities, daily. I experience the raspy voice effect you are asking about frequently when I take larger dosages. I belive this is some sort of edema of the lungs, a common reason for death during an opiate overdose, though I think the raspy voice issue is a long ways away from an actual OD. Probably just a mild edema of the lungs.

As for the vivid nightmares, OH YES, we (my wife and I) have experienced this almost consistently every few nights, but only when we have used pharm's like lortab, vicodin, percocet, or the like. Very rarely with tea and never with opium or heroin. They are ALWAYS nightmares. I can only describe my experience, I lay almost asleep, but never fully reaching sleep, like my body is there but my eyes and brain or not, I will have constants bouts of these long, awful, nightmares with horrible things going on, they seem like they last hours but they are only a matter of minutes. I really hate that. I am going to assume that the opium poppies natural mixture of alkaloids is what gives the human body the proper effect. Taking away certain chemicals from the experinece are like taking power steering, or brakes, off you automobile.

Just sharing my experiences for those who asked.

:::...

yeah yeah i used to get raspy voice EVERY time i got high on opiates, but back when i had a generally lower tolerance, before i got on suboxone daily.

Unless one is opiate/opioidnaive, neither form will do much of anything. It does make a good W/D aid, a potentiator for some, and a great natural and tradional medicine for alot of ailments.

If committed to doing one or the other, you should consider that seeds have absolutely no alkaloids whatsoever. They can however have a slight residual coating IF they have been harvested from technicaly ripe and unscored pods, and have not had their coating removed via washing or mechanical/manual separation via gradient screens,etc.

Seeds DO contain alot of fatty acids and oils so that one should never really seek to do them.

Pods are where seeds get their coatings, if they indeed have them at all. So it would seem the best bet is to go for pods.

cilosyb said:
Never tried to brew seeds before, even though I could as I have a shitload from all the pods I've used. Even though the pod high is intense and long lasting, I don't think its all that great. And it varies so much from brew to brew that I always get a different high in varying intensities. Some times it just makes my upper body feel really dense and relaxed, sometimes the "high" blasts me into a straight nightmare nod. I tire of it after awhile. Not being able to piss for up to 24 hours REALLY fucking sucks, it leaves me in a dreamy haze for LONG after the high wears off, etc. Still, sometimes nothing beats just chilling with my friends on T.

QF FUCKING T

I've used poppy seed tea many times and yeah, it varies an awful lot from batch to batch. There's just no way to tell what you're going to feel, if anything at all. Many opiates cause dryness of the mouth and throat which is responsible for the raspiness. I am a singer and for this reason I avoid all opiates for a few days pefore a performance.

Oh, and yeah, the most intense dream of my life occurred when I was high on PST once. It wasn't a nightmare as such but I woke up afraid to go back to sleep because of the sheer intensity of the dream. Unbelievable. Typically though, I won't be able to get to sleep when high on PST as I'll be nodding all night. You know when you wake up for 5 minutes, blink your eyes and find that 20 minutes have passed. I usually like that feeling though, but if I really just want to get a good night's sleep I'll just take a little dimenhydrinate (50mg to 100mg)

I just recieved a packet of pods that I ordered. So here is what I did about an hour ago:

-Seven pods, about the size of a tennis ball, poked a hole in each one and emptied out the seeds.

-Cut up the pods, and put the pieces a little at a time into a coffee grinder and ground it up until it looked like sawdust.

-Boiled some water and then let it cool down.

-Put the dust in a water bottle, poured some hot water in it, and THEN I poured the seeds in, thinking that the seeds must have aquired some latex whilst in the pod.

- Mixed it up and let it sit and then poured it through a strainer.

-Drank it.

The thing is with the hot water I fear that it may have effected the potency, because I had a goupy mess on my hands which was extremely hard the filter. I basically put some on the strainer, pressed it with a spoon an let the liquid fall into a cup.

The thing is that I drank it about a half an hour ago and it didn´t taste nearly as bad as I had thought it could. It was earthy but with a little bit of bitterness which is probably the stuff you want. The pods are Papaver Semniferum, I know that, but I thought it was supposed to taste god awful.

I think I feel a little warm-morphine like feeling in my legs, but that may be a placebo. I don´t have the feeling of well-being that usually goes with morphine.

I will wait two hours and if it doesn´t improve I will try it with 7 more pods and normal room temperature water next time? Does that sound like an idea?