Ephedrine

sdojfwoe

Bluelighter
If this is banned in the US, how come I can go to a ton of truck stops and find a product "Ephedrine Plus" still? You may say it doesn't cotain ephedrine... but it does. I read the backs of all their products. A lot have "synphedrine" or some other bullshit... but this actually has 25 mg of ephedrine hcl. Not complaining... just curious. Thanks

because they sell to truck drivers who then take it into the back of their rigs and extract the ephedrine and cook their meth then drive town to town delivering to local dealers???

it's not illegal anymore, tho now it can only be sold as asthma medicine

like that stops anyone...lol

im on 50mg right now :)

sdojfwoe said:
If this is banned in the US, how come I can go to a ton of truck stops and find a product "Ephedrine Plus" still? You may say it doesn't cotain ephedrine... but it does. I read the backs of all their products. A lot have "synphedrine" or some other bullshit... but this actually has 25 mg of ephedrine hcl. Not complaining... just curious. Thanks

The ban was only on Ephedra, not ephedrine. Just goes to show you how intelligent our elected officials are.

I think it can be legally sold in the US now due to the fact that they found a form of ephedrine that does not cross the blood brain barrier. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The ban was on ephedra and all related alkaloids (yes, including ephedrine). The FDA banned the sale of ephedra/ephedrine in OTC preparations in early 2004. Stores aren't legally allowed to sell ephedra/ephedrine containing products. I think that some places have bulk amounts of those supplements still in stock, and are simply trying to get rid of them as fast as they can. You'll notice that 7-11 and other chains of convenience stores don't carry those products, while there are a few sketchy, dimly-lit liquor stores out there that still carry products like "mini-thins" and other ephedra supplements. Posession of ephedrine/ephedra is not illegal, but the OTC sales is banned.

Despite the rumors, ephedrine was never banned and it is not illegal. Anyone who disagrees should go down to their local wal-mart and pick up a pack. Seriously, just go to any grocery store, go to the OTC meds section, and you will find plenty containing EPHEDRINE. Not some similar psudo-BS, but EPHEDRINE.

travis2600 said:
Despite the rumors, ephedrine was never banned and it is not illegal. Anyone who disagrees should go down to their local wal-mart and pick up a pack. Seriously, just go to any grocery store, go to the OTC meds section, and you will find plenty containing EPHEDRINE. Not some similar psudo-BS, but EPHEDRINE.

Are you serious? It was never banned? Then how come all these .gov sites (I doubt they're lying about it) say it WAS banned and the ban was lifted...

http://www.healthfinder.gov/news/newsstory.asp?docID=525167
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/mtgs/chem_industry/conf_09142004/lovepresentation.pdf

Whoever said they banned it and all alks was right... and the ban was lifted. Yay for lifting the ban!

You didn't even read the damn links you posted. They don't say anywhere that ephedrine was banned. You know why? Because it never was banned. Read the links, I know perfectly well what I'm talking about here. You link says "products labled as a dietary supplement". I'm talking about going to the store, and purchasing ephedrine in pills. Not some "supplement" with a bunch of ground up herbs in it.

travis2600 said:
You didn't even read the damn links you posted. They don't say anywhere that ephedrine was banned. You know why? Because it never was banned. Read the links, I know perfectly well what I'm talking about here. You link says "products labled as a dietary supplement". I'm talking about going to the store, and purchasing ephedrine in pills. Not some "supplement" with a bunch of ground up herbs in it.
You are wasting your breath. Both of you are kinda wrong. Ephedrine was never considered an "herbal remedy" the way ephedra was. This herbal remedy loophole was closed down when they closed down epheDRA sales. Ephedrine now must go through all the red tape all other otc drugs must. This means that it is no longer sold as a dietary supplement but rather a OTC bronchiodialator.

Ephedrine is legal, but can only be sold in preperations containing guafasein or another active ingredient. This supposedly ensures that it won't be abused.

Lots of places in the UK will sell it- ephedra was never made illegal here so you can stil buy ephedra preperations. Dont know any particular products though...

Easily the most powerful legal fat burner....

BigBenn said:
You are wasting your breath. Both of you are kinda wrong. Ephedrine was never considered an "herbal remedy" the way ephedra was. This herbal remedy loophole was closed down when they closed down epheDRA sales. Ephedrine now must go through all the red tape all other otc drugs must. This means that it is no longer sold as a dietary supplement but rather a OTC bronchiodialator.

My post is 100%, absolutely correct. If you have evidence that my post isn't correct, please cite it. Please keep in mind that the original question is about the OTC ephedrine tablets sold in gas stations, and that is what I am discussing here.

Actually, forget it. The take home point is that those pills OP asked about were never banned.

Last edited:
The otc bronchiodialators didnt exist until the ban!
Thats the point im trying to make.

The ones being sold at the local gas station in my opinion are illegal, and I think LE would agree. Its just that no one cares.

I understood that ephedra was banned but ephedrine was not banned. I am not a talking dictionary but if you sit down and think about this for 5 minutes then you should be able to make the distinction.

One thing that I dont understand fully is what is the difference between ephedrine and pseudo. How come all the nasal decongestant pills contain pseudo. I understand that this has only been in effect for not even 10 years.

If you started talkeing these pills how long about would you say it would take to lose around 7lb

BigBenn said:
The otc bronchiodialators didnt exist until the ban!
Thats the point im trying to make.

The ones being sold at the local gas station in my opinion are illegal, and I think LE would agree. Its just that no one cares.

The OTC bronchiodialators have existed for many years. The law regarding them hasn't changed since before 1996.

The ones being sold at the gas station are NOT illegal, according to the Controlled Substances Act. It's not a matter of opinon, it is written specifically into law. Have you read the law? Because I have, and I know exactly what it says.

The manufacturer of "Ephedrine Plus" that OP is asking about is Dickey Consumer Products, Inc. and they require all of their distributers to be licensed by the DEA. The company does everything necessary to be legal.

Again, ephedrine was never banned.

Last edited:
themessiah said:
If you started talkeing these pills how long about would you say it would take to lose around 7lb

How long is a piece of string? Shit you could put on weight taking ephedrine/ephedra if you ate enough.