Bluelight

Thread: Ephedrine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. Collapse Details
    Ephedrine 
    #1
    If this is banned in the US, how come I can go to a ton of truck stops and find a product "Ephedrine Plus" still? You may say it doesn't cotain ephedrine... but it does. I read the backs of all their products. A lot have "synphedrine" or some other bullshit... but this actually has 25 mg of ephedrine hcl. Not complaining... just curious. Thanks
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Ex-Bluelighter Giza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The After Life
    Posts
    798
    because they sell to truck drivers who then take it into the back of their rigs and extract the ephedrine and cook their meth then drive town to town delivering to local dealers???
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Ex-Bluelighter BullitNutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    prime material plane
    Posts
    556
    it's not illegal anymore, tho now it can only be sold as asthma medicine

    like that stops anyone...lol

    im on 50mg right now
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Re: Ephedrine 
    #4
    Originally posted by sdojfwoe
    If this is banned in the US, how come I can go to a ton of truck stops and find a product "Ephedrine Plus" still? You may say it doesn't cotain ephedrine... but it does. I read the backs of all their products. A lot have "synphedrine" or some other bullshit... but this actually has 25 mg of ephedrine hcl. Not complaining... just curious. Thanks
    The ban was only on Ephedra, not ephedrine. Just goes to show you how intelligent our elected officials are.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    I think it can be legally sold in the US now due to the fact that they found a form of ephedrine that does not cross the blood brain barrier. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Bluelighter kisps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    sf / bay area, ca.
    Posts
    456
    The ban was on ephedra and all related alkaloids (yes, including ephedrine). The FDA banned the sale of ephedra/ephedrine in OTC preparations in early 2004. Stores aren't legally allowed to sell ephedra/ephedrine containing products. I think that some places have bulk amounts of those supplements still in stock, and are simply trying to get rid of them as fast as they can. You'll notice that 7-11 and other chains of convenience stores don't carry those products, while there are a few sketchy, dimly-lit liquor stores out there that still carry products like "mini-thins" and other ephedra supplements. Posession of ephedrine/ephedra is not illegal, but the OTC sales is banned.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In the sky, with diamonds
    Posts
    310
    Despite the rumors, ephedrine was never banned and it is not illegal. Anyone who disagrees should go down to their local wal-mart and pick up a pack. Seriously, just go to any grocery store, go to the OTC meds section, and you will find plenty containing EPHEDRINE. Not some similar psudo-BS, but EPHEDRINE.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Originally posted by travis2600
    Despite the rumors, ephedrine was never banned and it is not illegal. Anyone who disagrees should go down to their local wal-mart and pick up a pack. Seriously, just go to any grocery store, go to the OTC meds section, and you will find plenty containing EPHEDRINE. Not some similar psudo-BS, but EPHEDRINE.
    Are you serious? It was never banned? Then how come all these .gov sites (I doubt they're lying about it) say it WAS banned and the ban was lifted...

    http://www.healthfinder.gov/news/new...p?docID=525167
    http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/mt...esentation.pdf


    Whoever said they banned it and all alks was right... and the ban was lifted. Yay for lifting the ban!
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In the sky, with diamonds
    Posts
    310
    You didn't even read the damn links you posted. They don't say anywhere that ephedrine was banned. You know why? Because it never was banned. Read the links, I know perfectly well what I'm talking about here. You link says "products labled as a dietary supplement". I'm talking about going to the store, and purchasing ephedrine in pills. Not some "supplement" with a bunch of ground up herbs in it.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Originally posted by travis2600
    You didn't even read the damn links you posted. They don't say anywhere that ephedrine was banned. You know why? Because it never was banned. Read the links, I know perfectly well what I'm talking about here. You link says "products labled as a dietary supplement". I'm talking about going to the store, and purchasing ephedrine in pills. Not some "supplement" with a bunch of ground up herbs in it.
    You are wasting your breath. Both of you are kinda wrong. Ephedrine was never considered an "herbal remedy" the way ephedra was. This herbal remedy loophole was closed down when they closed down epheDRA sales. Ephedrine now must go through all the red tape all other otc drugs must. This means that it is no longer sold as a dietary supplement but rather a OTC bronchiodialator.
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Ephedrine is legal, but can only be sold in preperations containing guafasein or another active ingredient. This supposedly ensures that it won't be abused.
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    ^and that's a LOL

    I only use it recreationally or just as a tool to stay awake
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    soo could some one answer my question please???
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Bluelight Crew p-mo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,501
    Lots of places in the UK will sell it- ephedra was never made illegal here so you can stil buy ephedra preperations. Dont know any particular products though...

    Easily the most powerful legal fat burner....
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In the sky, with diamonds
    Posts
    310
    Originally posted by BigBenn
    You are wasting your breath. Both of you are kinda wrong. Ephedrine was never considered an "herbal remedy" the way ephedra was. This herbal remedy loophole was closed down when they closed down epheDRA sales. Ephedrine now must go through all the red tape all other otc drugs must. This means that it is no longer sold as a dietary supplement but rather a OTC bronchiodialator.
    My post is 100%, absolutely correct. If you have evidence that my post isn't correct, please cite it. Please keep in mind that the original question is about the OTC ephedrine tablets sold in gas stations, and that is what I am discussing here.

    Actually, forget it. The take home point is that those pills OP asked about were never banned.
    Last edited by travis2600; 10-09-2005 at 23:16.
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    The otc bronchiodialators didnt exist until the ban!
    Thats the point im trying to make.

    The ones being sold at the local gas station in my opinion are illegal, and I think LE would agree. Its just that no one cares.
    Reply With Quote
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    Bluelighter Smyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,205
    I understood that ephedra was banned but ephedrine was not banned. I am not a talking dictionary but if you sit down and think about this for 5 minutes then you should be able to make the distinction.

    One thing that I dont understand fully is what is the difference between ephedrine and pseudo. How come all the nasal decongestant pills contain pseudo. I understand that this has only been in effect for not even 10 years.
    Reply With Quote
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    If you started talkeing these pills how long about would you say it would take to lose around 7lb
    Reply With Quote
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    In the sky, with diamonds
    Posts
    310
    Originally posted by BigBenn
    The otc bronchiodialators didnt exist until the ban!
    Thats the point im trying to make.

    The ones being sold at the local gas station in my opinion are illegal, and I think LE would agree. Its just that no one cares.
    The OTC bronchiodialators have existed for many years. The law regarding them hasn't changed since before 1996.

    The ones being sold at the gas station are NOT illegal, according to the Controlled Substances Act. It's not a matter of opinon, it is written specifically into law. Have you read the law? Because I have, and I know exactly what it says.

    The manufacturer of "Ephedrine Plus" that OP is asking about is Dickey Consumer Products, Inc. and they require all of their distributers to be licensed by the DEA. The company does everything necessary to be legal.

    Again, ephedrine was never banned.
    Last edited by travis2600; 11-09-2005 at 19:50.
    Reply With Quote
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    Bluelight Crew p-mo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,501
    Originally posted by themessiah
    If you started talkeing these pills how long about would you say it would take to lose around 7lb
    How long is a piece of string? Shit you could put on weight taking ephedrine/ephedra if you ate enough.
    Reply With Quote
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    the fda did put a stop to the sales of this product but the state of utah because of all its vitamin manufactuing business fought and won the court case against the fda labeling this as not an herbal product. so yes you will find lots of things at 7/11 and truck stops. things called road runners, yellow jackets. super b's. all sorts. all just like the old metabolife stuff. go get yourself a heart attack.
    Reply With Quote
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Oshkosh, WI
    Posts
    16
    Check out Sorry, no sourcing please, keep it to pms and emails cheap cheap cheap! fast shipping too!
    Last edited by BigBenn; 17-06-2006 at 16:51.
    Reply With Quote
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Bluelighter heidibear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    392
    in minnesota now you can buy ephedrine AND ephedra now, ephedra mostly only at speciatly stores but you can get ephedrine at gas stations everywhere.
    Reply With Quote
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Bluelighter Ravr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,953
    Ephedrine is disgusting, if you wanna have bad prostate and hair then go ahead and munch away!
    Reply With Quote
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Eph was banned as a supplement

    Eph is and was always legal as a drug (aka for asthma) thats what they sell at truck stops


    if the bottle says "supplement facts" on the nutritional label... thats what was banned... if it says "drugs facts".. its still the same thing functionally, and is legal.... there's always a way around the rules... :-)
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •