Bluelight

Thread: Darvocet?

1. Collapse Details
    Darvocet? 
    Is it possible to get high from darvocet? How does the buzz feel like? i have 100mg pills, how many of these should i take?

2. Collapse Details

i know people who say they get high from darvocets, but its probally the same people who get high off tramadol/ultracets too! IMO, they are decent for potentiating other opiates but offer little to nothing by themselves. i would not try abusing them. note, they also have alot of tylenol in them(i think 650mg APAP per pill), so be careful with alcohol consumption.

-ktx49

3. Collapse Details

Its recreational. Its weaker than vicodin, but I like it more than tylenol 3. You need to take alot, 4+

4. Collapse Details

Avoid like the plague if you have a heart condition. Dextropropoxyphene causes a condition called QT prolongation (it can be fatal) and it's much worse when combined with alcohol.

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    dont do it!!!!!!!!

6. Collapse Details

The buzz is pretty nice when used in moderation with another opiate, I enjoyed it.

7. Collapse Details

If you are lucky enough to get a buzz from them the high feels like a dirty, less enjoyable version of vicodin. Do some research on the dosage ceiling for this stuff, as taking too much can lead to seizures and serious health problems, regardless of your tolerance. That's why it is completely usless to those with a high tolerance.

8. Collapse Details

F&B raises a good point about QT prolongation.
    It is also one of the opioids that has some strong respiratory depression associated w/ its use. Which is why many use it to commit suicide. So, I'd definitely not take "like 4 +", maybe 3, but that's about it.
    For me I only find them useful for minor pain, and to help alleviate some of the symptoms of opiate WD. Take 3...if that's not cutting it, don't take more, seek out something stronger...that would be my advice...

9. Collapse Details

I get opiate OD effects before I get any high from this drug. ie. very toxic-feeling repressed breathing, .. it is not even calming in a nice way, more ancious for me.

10. Collapse Details
    Hmmm... 
    Bluelighter
    KTX and Fast both posted good info. Essentially KTX hit it on the head. It is a great primer for SOME other opioids [definitely for methadone] but on its own it is very weak.