• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

no veins anymore, where to shoot?

krysdjcodeine

Bluelighter
hey all,
my veins hided somewhere deep behind the skin because of IV h history, i'm skinny and my veins were always noticable, now nothing. just some scars. it all happened when i was shooting brown powder h with ctric acid started 2 months ago, before that everything were fine. i'd like to aks you what do you do when your out of veines? got some hided veins, got some tricks, are you smoking or snorting? i got tan powder h, not tar, i'm from europe.
thanks for replies
kRYS

Last edited:
I wouldn't shoot into the feet. The size of your veins here and their proximity to nerves and tendons can easily lead to damage. I personally wouldn't inject anywhere below the waist unless your IM'ing. This shouldn't be happening though buddy. Check out this link. If you're doing this then you should still have veins. I've injected into my arms hundreds of times, I don't have track marks, and my veins are still healty.

http://www.exchangesupplies.org/publications/safer_injecting_briefing/section_contents.html

Last edited:
krysdjcodeine said:
i think they're fucked up because of citric acid that is added to h while heating

It's unfortunatly, part of the game. I shot tar- from what I have seen, tar is pretty hard on the veins. I didn't lose a vein for over a year, but once I started losing them, I lost them like dominos falling. I'm sure it didn't help that 1) I was a fucking junkie and couldn't be bothered to anything but tap water 2) blunt needles 3) hard to rotate once you start losing veins and keep going to that "happy spot" that always works- till it doesn't. You'd be surprised though what veins you can hit. I lost all the major ones- including the ones in the arms, legs, and neck. But there's always a vein to hit if you really search for it- you tend to need to go deeper which increases the risk of hitting an artery- which thankfully I never did. I've hit veins on the knuckes of my fingers, on the palm of my hand, basically anywhere there's blood flow.

To be honest- it's part of the myriad reasons I finally quit dope.

Prep your shots- use a fresh needle every time, rotate your shots, use as little acid as possible to prep base all that good stuff really is worth the trouble.

cheers
doc

I had a cellmate in prison who told me he shot up in his dick, because that was the only vein he had left. I asked him what he was gonna do when he blew that one out. He said he guessed he would smoke it. That's not really what I meant.

could you write something more about shooting in the feet? i tried it once and the vein fucked up and it hurt a lot, which vein should i do? there's some thinny one and fatter one, it hurts as fuck when i try to stick the needle into them.
legs. where are the veins? i can't see any veins on my legs, please help dude, thanks
kRYS

[EDIT- WOW! That was clever!!!]
-Pdx

Last edited by a moderator:
krysdjcodeine said:
could you write something more about shooting in the feet? i tried it once and the vein fucked up and it hurt a lot, which vein should i do? there's some thinny one and fatter one, it hurts as fuck when i try to stick the needle into them.
legs. where are the veins? i can't see any veins on my legs, please help dude, thanks
kRYS

Yes, shooting in the feet sucks. Easy as hell to miss. I've hit several veins there- the one coming up from the big toe was okay, the ones on top of the feet, not so much- then there's one that comes up from the top of the foot around the ankle- that was the best one. But still a bitch to hit.

I was able to hit several veins on my thighs near the knee- hard to see, and a bit deep. I had a great vein that went across my hip bones that I used for a while.

But I lost so many veins. I know I could have made them last longer with care- but drugs are hard on veins especially tar. You'll lose them eventually no matter what. I could shoot coke into the same vein for ages and not have problems, and then lose it in 2 weeks hitting with dope.

cheers
doc

As with the hands, the veins in the feet are generally smaller than in other parts of the body, and close to nerves, cartilage, and tendons which you want to avoid hitting when you inject. Because they are farther from the heart than the veins in the hands, arms, and legs, blood circulates more slowly in the foot veins and they therefore require more time for healing and repair. In addition, foot sweat and dirty socks act to prevent wounds from healing and increase the chance of infection from bacteria.

Hands are somewhat less safe than arms because the veins are significantly smaller and more delicate and therefore more likely to bruise or become damaged. Circulation is also slower in the hands, causing healing to take longer. If you're getting off in your hands, be sure to use the thinnest needle possible (highest gauge) or, if you can find one, a butterfly needle. Be vigilant about rotating the sites, and keep in mind that it is difficult to conceal injection marks and bruises on the hands.

Paradoxycle, I was being serious. Rectal administration is a good replacement for IV use if you are unable to find any more veins... It is better than trying to find a vein in an "iffy" spot, imo... This IS a harm reduction site, right?

Well why didn't you clarify initially as opposed to responding : "Your ass".
I mean, how do you expect me to respond to a two word statement from a greenlighter?

Sorry, I figured that somebody who IVs would assume I meant plugging... I forget that I'm new and also assumes everybody understands what I mean. :D

So, yeah, to the thread user, look itno rectal administration. I use it whenever I can't find a clean or unused syringe, or if the needle is broken off or something. Works almost just as damn good, and much more effective than snorting/smoking/etc.

Poison IV said:
Paradoxycle, I was being serious. Rectal administration is a good replacement for IV use if you are unable to find any more veins... It is better than trying to find a vein in an "iffy" spot, imo... This IS a harm reduction site, right?

On bad days when I just couldn't find a vein, I'd knock off the needle and plug the solution. I dunno, it would barely keep me from getting sick... where if I was able to hit a vein, I'd be all good. Generally when that happened, within 15 minutes I had a fresh shot and was hunting for another vein. Oh, yeah, fun times.

cheers
doc

I would stop with the shooting up... reheal, and I personally wouldn't recommend shooting into your dick but that's just me... I would just stop for a while if not forever. And if you're not ready to stop then you could inject intramusclar but that doesn't give you the "rush" of euphoria like injecting it in the veins.

Not to judge, but please dont shoot heroin in your cock. Imagine the potential for harm there?