• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

no veins anymore, where to shoot?

I agree^^

All my friends moved from their arms to their hands when they ran out of places to hit.

-weez

so is this "dissapearance" of veins caused by collapse? how do you go on living if all your major veins are collapsed? someone explain please

He probably hasn't collapsed all of his major veins, just the ones the can see in his forearm/elbow area. If he was shooting the correct way, this shouldn't happen at all. The link I posted has a good bit of information on the subject.

Don't shoot into your dick. That's a pretty dumb thing to do. Would suck to loose your manlyhood due to heroin. I wouldn't shoot into the wrists for any reason either. I've seen this go bad too many times. Also, check what I first posted about the feet. If I were you I'd stop shooting for a while and give your body a rest. Try rectal or whatever you prefer as next best for a while.

dont shot into anything but your fore arms, i used my hand everynow and then, but i was under the impression that blowouts happen alot in your legs, cause blood flow sucks there.

if your shooting in your dick.....
just dont go there its kinda pathetic if you ask me.

many good reasons on here to STAY AWAY FROM IV drug use!!it feels like heaven but its not so fun when yer dopesick as all hell and ya keep missing shots...

anyone that shoots dope for more than 5-10 years they are gonna have collapsed veins...i dont see much way around it..

Well we all know the rhetoric...

If I was going to use the feet I would definitely use the vein that goes up around the front of the inner ankle (at least I have a nice big one there). I think the veins on the top of your feet move to easily like the hand.

Easy on the citric acid as well as someone already mentioned. Here people use vitamin C to disolve crack which I doubt is any better but I'm not really sure. Don't need to use it with the dope here in Canada.

Synto said:
He probably hasn't collapsed all of his major veins, just the ones the can see in his forearm/elbow area. If he was shooting the correct way, this shouldn't happen at all. The link I posted has a good bit of information on the subject.

This isn't true. Drugs are hard on your veins regardless of proper technique. Shoot up long enough, and you will sclerose your veins and you will have collapses. But yeah, proper technique can make the difference between losing a vein every blue moon and losing a ton of them. I wish I would have taken the time in the latter half of my habit that I did in the beginning. I'd definitely be better off.

And your body, fortunately has a lot of veins. I did not collapse "all" of them in my body, but all the major surface and some sub-surface ones are gone. All the main surface ones in my neck collapses too, I'm a little more concerned about that. I ice climb, and I don't know whether it's a mental thing but my hands definitely seem to be colder these days since losing the veins there.

cheers
doc

Well, I've shot hundreds upon hundreds of times over the past 4-5 years and I haven't collapsed any veins that I'm aware of, and I shoot in the same general area every time. I rotate arms, but shoot in the same general area, using patience, caution, and care. I agree that drugs are hard on your veins, but not to the point where you're collapsing all your major veins. Experience tells me that if practicing proper techniques and rotating injection sites, one should have pretty healthy arms/veins.

Try the big veins on the inside of your ankles, or better still give it up.
Zophen

Vein collapse can happen in a couple of ways actually.
Scar tissue builds up from the needle penetrating the vein. Eventually this scar tissue inside your vein can build up and block the blood flow. This is called thrombosis, and is usually felt when larger veins (like the inner elbow) start to go hard. It generally happens from over-use of the same injecting site.

With smaller veins, (like those in your feet or hands) there is less room for scar tissue to build up, so the thrombosis (and then vein collapse) can happen much quicker, from a lot less irritation. A sure sign a vein has collapsed is when you cannot draw blood from it and you cannot see the vein. It is difficult to tell if the veins in your feet had collapsed. It's only really sight and feel you have to go on.

If it has collapsed, it may or may not be a problem, depending on what areas of blood flow are constricted. Be aware of any weird swelling, abscesses, or discoloration after shooting into small veins. These may be symptoms of complications from shooting into small veins in your hands and feet. If there is any foreign material not filtered out of the mix, it can lodge in the small veins of the hands and feet, causing clots, which can also cause vein collapse, but can also cause more serious complications. If in doubt, go to a doctor.

"Skin, when photographed under certain wavelengths of red light, reveals the network of veins usually hidden."

Quote from Daily Siege Blog on Nerve.com 7/27/05. See attached photo

Attachments

• 1892_red_dt.jpg
    1892_red_dt.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 274
andruejaysin said:
I had a cellmate in prison who told me he shot up in his dick, because that was the only vein he had left. I asked him what he was gonna do when he blew that one out. He said he guessed he would smoke it. That's not really what I meant.

HAHAHA. That's the most funny thing I've read all day.

"That's not really what I meant." HAHAAHA. Killing me.

Last edited:
I'm not suggesting anyone shoot up there, if anyone got that idea, I've never hit anywhere except the big one in the crook of the elbow. Always figured when those got to fucked up, it was time to get some sleep. But I don't have alot of big, obvious veins in my forearms.

Synto said:
Well, I've shot hundreds upon hundreds of times over the past 4-5 years and I haven't collapsed any veins that I'm aware of, and I shoot in the same general area every time. I rotate arms, but shoot in the same general area, using patience, caution, and care. I agree that drugs are hard on your veins, but not to the point where you're collapsing all your major veins. Experience tells me that if practicing proper techniques and rotating injection sites, one should have pretty healthy arms/veins.
Proper technique makes all the difference but you can still collapse veins. It also depends largely what you shoot, how cut it is, injection liquid, etc... Basically, even the most educated and safe IV drug-user can collapse veins, especially after long-term use.

xxanxx said:
Proper technique makes all the difference but you can still collapse veins. It also depends largely what you shoot, how cut it is, injection liquid, etc... Basically, even the most educated and safe IV drug-user can collapse veins, especially after long-term use.

Ummm, maybe I should clarify. I'm not debating the fact that it's possible to collapse veins when shooting correctly (although I haven't noticed this personally over the 4-5 years I've been slamming). I was saying that the collapse of all of his major veins shouldn't be happening at all if he's shooting a somewhat clean product properly.

[EDIT- If you don't have anything nice to say...]
-Pdx

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of my IV friends go in their groin (not dick!) when they've run out of veins on arms and legs - but beware it can fuck your legs up royally and cause major abcess's if you do it for too long.

Stay away from your dick FFS

;)

If you end up shooting anything and everything like ten or more times a day thats when the real problems kick in, in my experience anyway.
Zophen

i know i fucked up my arm and hands. it all happened in about last 2 months of my 8 month 600-800mg of powder h daily. i've been shooting up on and off for about 4 years, everything was great, my "'cabels" were in great conditiion, shooting many types of h, opium, speed, valium, everybody says: you have so many veins that you could be shooting up till the end. so this is the fucking end. fuck