• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

sleep deprivation=hallucinations?

You can definately hallucinate from not sleeping.

Several occasions I have stayed up for extended periods of time: 72 to 120 hours with the use of adderall and not that much food. After about the second night, the hallucinations slowly start to creep in. I almost felt eager to see what would happen because it is not like a chemically induced hallucination. I watched my computer slowly creep away from me as well as the door frame expanding and contracting as I tried to focus on it.

The most profound hallucination I have had from sleep deprivation was while I was driving at night and it occurred around the 4th day that I was up after I had just taken some more adderall. While driving on the interstate at night, I saw a soldier walk out into the interstate at a steady pace. I remember thinking how crazy it was because he wasn't dodging vehicles or changing his pace, but he was just steadily walking out toward my lane, which was the far left out of four lanes. Cars were zooming past him and nobody seemed to acknowledge it so I figured it was a hallucination. Right as I come up to him, he turns towards me, in my lane, right where I am driving, and puts his hand out like he was signaling for me to stop. It happened so fast, but I drove right through him/hit him and when the front of my car touched him, he exploded into a poof of shiny purple glitter or confetti. Basically, it looked like he exploded into New Years Eve in Times Square. I didn't know what to think of it, but it is a very vivid memory, especially as for being a hallucination.

Most of my sleep deprivations consist of just slowed thinking, "breathing" of walls and "walking" of objects. All controllable, but very different from any hallucination I have experienced that I induced into myself chemically...for purposes of intentionally hallucinating that is. :)

Looks like the OP didn't make the nut sumhow!!, but theres plenty o readers out there.
Yeah i've made it to around 72 hours more or less i think & over 48 many a time. Yeah, first off i've heard 'phantom music' where i'm sure i'm hearing a song playing until investigating proves it's nonsense. This is coupled with tracers where once i glanced at sombodys sweet wrapper on a table then swished my eyes away then back to see a dozen, & they were in mid-air... Also heard my name called, thought i heard sombody screaming for help, doors slamming, these weird zing zang type sounds, paranoia, memory loss, confusion.

None of the above experiences were exactly enjoyable, except those on stimulants & other substances. However peoples descriptions of 'uploading dreams into reality, & lucid dreaming does interest me a great deal & theres little doubt i'll experience it one day. Nobody knows just what the future holds.

"I firmly believe that the future is yet to come" George w bush. -- How did he figure that 1 out!!!

Sometimes it's hard to draw the line between sleep deprivation and amphetamine psychosis...they seem to go hand in hand.

If I remember correctly, when I did a large dose of speed on day one I didn't sleep at all and I had to go to school the next day. I went into my seminar class, and I started to see people float a little above the ground....kinda amusing but I sort of freaked me out too.

I think if I stayed up longer, the hallucinations would of started to freak me out.

I've often hallucinated from sleep deprivation - usually by the 2nd or 3rd day without any sleep. They aren't full psychedelic-type hallucinations, though. It's just your mind playing tricks on you. Glimpsing things out of the corner of your eye, seeing bugs crawling along the walls, mistaking inanimate objects for people, and so on. I find it unsettling, not fun. And it tends to get worse if meth is involved.

This is worse than an acid trip or delirious state. Fucking bad for you, you are literally tripping because of your body fighting not to die due to malnutrition (being awake for days) dehydration and muscle fatigue, skeletal weakness and blurry vision due to dried up retinas and bowl movements haven't happened in days so your shit is also making you toxic from the inside. Fuck but why is it so enjoyable that it warrants repeating this behavior for years? Meh.