• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after taking suboxone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry, typo. I waited for 4 days, not a days! Try valium or such to get through at least 4 days which is 72 hours. yes there will be discomfort, but otherwise you will waste them. you might feel nothing at all except pissed off.

another suggestion on suboxone to opioid wait

I would suggest a cleansing of the body first. By this, I mean flushing your bowels completely by using ducolax and then eating fresh fruits, gatorade 2, and water. Make sure your body is fully hydrated again after the body discretes the waste.

Why would this be important? Your whole body reacts to whats in your system. If you flush your system clean your metabolism starts refreshing more quickly.

Thats not to say there is not suboxone in your blood anymore. There in fact is. However, your body is going to start refreshing faster than it would if you did not take the 'poop remover'. Just make sure you rehydrate completely.

Many people do not know that if you are not properly hydrated, that your medications have a lesser impact.

I remember when I used, my usage would feel a lot better after I had flushed my bowles.

Sorry fi that sounds gross, but it orks.

Roughly 72 hours if you've been on daily maintenance for months and looking to get the full effect from the opiate that you are about to take.

After taking suboxone approx how long until you would be able to take an opiate and feel the effects?..

I'm sure this has been said, not sure, but everyone's system is different and it will be different for everyone. But in general, the specified time is to wait 36 hrs before dosing a "real"opiate. Personally, I would take the long route and wait 48 hrs, and feel a LITTLE bit of real withdrawl. I've done that, and felt the opiate. I can't bear to put myself into full withdrawls ever again if I can help it, but if I want to splurge, I find that feeling a bit raw before I do, helps the drug to take effect. Who knows, it may be pschycological for me, but thats what I've done and suggest. But I do know others who have used in the same day and felt it, while others won't feel a thing the same day (like me). Everyone is different and will experience something different...because well, we're different...:\ lol I know this reply is maybe a year or so late, but maybe will help someone else along the line....

what about if you dont take subs normally at all, and i just shot one in the morning, how long would i have to wait to shoot heroin? remember i dont take subs normally, just shot one this morning tho

You took a decent amount. Not much would have been something like 1-2mg per day, so 3-6 mg total for 3 days. Taking 18mg over the course of 3 days has definitely put some blockade on your receptor. I would wait at least 48 hours, preferable 3 days after taking that much. Bupe has a long half life and a high affinity for your receptors so it stays around for a while. After 24 hours you will feel high but the effects would be greatly diminished. After 48 it will be much better, but likely not fully what you could get for you money and after 3 days I think you will be in the safe and will get what you paid for with the roxies.

You are basically looking for the bupe to totally leave your system. Any left over bupe will compete with the roxies at the receptor and win because bupe has a higher affinity than oxycodone. Bupe has a very long half life so it stay around for a long time. Best to wait as long as you can. Bupe has an average half life of 37 hours...so after 37 hours the average person still has half the bupe left in their system. that bupe will compete with the oxy and win. And that doesn't mean it takes your body 37 hours to get rid of half the bupe...it might take your body 60 hours. So just to be safe I would wait 3 days at least.

Last edited:
It usually takes roughly 72 hours however from some recent experience I took oxycodone after 72 hours of abstinence from Suboxone and felt nothing so I waited ANOTHER day and then, after 96 hours, I begun to feel something from the oxycodone. Maybe the dose that I took at 72 hours was too low because I took a much higher dose after 92 hours. I took 30mg of Roxicodone my first attempt and then 75mg my second time. Maybe my habit before going onto Suboxone was much larger.

How long do I have to wait to get high on suboxone

Here's my story: I was on on sub for about 5years. Slowly tapered and now I'm completely off. I am having cravings again and since the only thing I have are about 25 8 mg subs I want to use those.

What's the best way to use them and get high. I have been off all opiates for over 3 months.....haven't taken anything and I'd like to maximize my experience.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

i have been taking subutex since mon. 5mg on mon, and then about 1-1.5mg a day up until yesterday at 11am. it has now been 26 hours since i last took bupe.

i feel better now than when i was on the bupe the past week. i was messed up for the last week. more my fault for not knowing how to dose the subs. but im going on a vacation on monday and want to feel good then. these subs arent cutting it.

so i scored some 30mg roxis and was wondering how long i should wait. i am not going through any kind of withdrawal from the subs right now but i never went through withdrawlas beofre i went on them. i could go 24 hours without my oxy and still not be in withdrawals.

what would happen if i took one now? will it work a little or would it be a complete waste?

Reading all these posts that people get high after 24 hours and such, a few weeks ago I ran out of subs and had my last 16 mg subwi on a Tuesday, that Friday I did a green 80 in 2 lines and I hardly felt anything , it kinda numbed my sickness a bit but I diddnt feel any powerful effects, I just got itchy but everything else wasn't there, same situation happened this week last dose was Tuesday I was gonna wait till Sunday and do a 60 red with about 2 bars of Xanax and see how I'm gonna feel

I took a 4 mg sub 12 hours ago. My girlfriend is being a pain in the f'n ass and won't leave me alone. She wants me to get 3 or 4 perc 10's bc she wants to have one last night of fun. We've been having a last night of fun every night since the end of the first week of this relapse. I am so pised off right now. I don't think the percs will even work all that good. Will the subs still block the OC or since it's a 4mg dose for one day will the percs work again by now.

P.S. I can't stand my girlfriend. She's killing me and is becoming a whiny little drug fiend again. Not saying I've never been a whiny little fiend but she is on that mental patient level right now. F'n beggin me and shit. I think I need to leave...

just wondering??

Hey I took suboxone for the first time this morning around 11am and just came into 2 30mg roxicet I was wondering is 24 hrs long enough to wait to feel any effect from them??

My experience

I have tested waiting different amounts of time over the years ... and i have always found that after about 13-16 hours (depending on dose) you can feel the effects of other opiates*.

*- If your using Suboxone, don't expect to feel much effects from weaker opiates such as T3s, Tramadol or vicoden. You have already amped you tolerance to the next level.

]These threads are getting ridiculous.. After your on subs long enough you'll be able to tell how long you need to wait.. its called "Trial & Error" my friend. .

@Specterchild
^^ To the above poster, some say Suboxone + Tramadol actually do work together and exhibit synergism quite well.

To answer your question to the best of my ability all I have to say is this: "everyones metabolism is different, but it usually takes about 24hrs from your last

dose of sub b4 you can get fully high again on a normal opiate (<--But this is for people that are taking 2mg or less a day)..."

Last edited:
if u take enough of anything you can use hours after taking bupe. just becareful And don't od. its dangerous. I would usually do twice my large heroin dose to counter act after taking bupe shortly beforehand. after 12 hours you should be able to feel a normal amount somewhat.

also someone said in a long post near the top that they were withdrawling from bupe after 24 hours. u don't actually start to wd from bupe till about 2-4 days ... and that's with 8 mgs. 24 should almost be double that amount of time.. it took me 4 full days after being off of two 8 mgs a day to get sick enough I couldn't stand it.

blocking effects are the same time length if u just take it once I'm pretty sure. maybe not quite as long.

Last edited:
i took about 2mg sub today and 2 mg sub about 5 hrs ago. im just cringing to snort some oxy right now. would that be a big ol waste and i wont feel anything at all?

my account/experience with this subject:

i took subs over a 5 day span (not every day). for someone who does not have a high tolerance to opiate pain killers, i also didn't need much suboxone to quell my withdrawal symptoms. i started out with 2mg then cut that down to half a milligram on two other occasions. so, over a 6 day span, i took 2mg once, 1mg once, and half a milligram twice.

after 24 hours from the last dose, i decided to try hydrocodone out as i was beginning to feel the effects of the subs wearing off.

i didn't get high off of 10mg but i certainly could feel it. that night i tried 30mg additional (about 30hrs after last suboxone dose) and it got me where i wanted to be.

so, if you're like me, have a small tolerance to opiates, and don't use a lot of suboxone for a long while, you can get high on your regular dose of your DOC within, I'd say, about 30 hours of last dose of subs.

*- If your using Suboxone, don't expect to feel much effects from weaker opiates such as T3s, Tramadol or vicoden. You have already amped you tolerance to the next level.

not necessarily

]These threads are getting ridiculous.. After your on subs long enough you'll be able to tell how long you need to wait.. its called "Trial & Error" my friend. .

@Specterchild
^^ To the above poster, some say Suboxone + Tramadol actually do work together and exhibit synergism quite well.

They do.

I took an 8mg Suboxone on Wed., i just happened to find someone empathetic enough to sell me one, I do not take them on a regular basis. This morning (Fri) I got some 10/325's and I must admit even after 48 hr's it took me 10 tabs just to feel what 6 tabs used to do. I am a glutton to begin with so perhaps I rationilized and second guessed mself due to reading some of the other posts that said 72 hrs. I guess it really does depend on the length of time one is on the Subs. Ya gotta be carefull ya know?

Status
Not open for further replies.