• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after taking suboxone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
im on 16mgs on sub per day. it took me about 4 days to get enough bupe out of my system to feel opana and i feel amazing off of it now! but everyone has different chemistry so i guess it really just depends on how your chemistry is. there is no set time limit because the amount of time bupe stays in your system varies from person to person. you just but i would definitely recommend at least waiting 72-96 hours if youre taking over 16mgs per day.

Yes, when I relapsed on 2mg Suboxone I tried taking oxycodone 48 hours after and it did no good, then tried a little more 72 hours and no good results. I only got results after going 96 hours. What a waste of the oxycodone.

Okay...so i need some help here and some input...
I took my first suboxone strip dose of half of a 8mg...
I took it after only about 5 hours of not taking, i took a 30mg at around 12 in the morning and then another half at about 1230....i got the subs from the pharmacy at around 2, and waiting til 6 to try a first dose...I DID NOT FEEL SHIT!....this was my first times taking it once again....I know i took it too early but on top of that i just blew a 30 literally 20 min after the suboxone...It def gave me a euphoric effect in that it makes my nose feel nice, I really think i may have taken the subs wrong or something,(under the tongue let it dissolve)...Wut does it feel like to be on the subs...and am i just superman that i can take a 30mg right after and feel it???

Need some thoughts....

This goes to the people who say u shouldn't feel withdrawals from sub for two to four days. I have been on suboxone for six months... I take two 8mg strips a day. One in the morning and one at night. And I can honestly say that 7-8 hrs after my first dose I experience wd's untill I take my next dose. Including runny,watery eyes, runny nose, and the dreaded chills and the cold sweats. Now im not saying the wd is so bad I can't stand it. But its as if my suboxone was heroin. Idk if that's normal or not.... but it happens. One time someone stole my bottle of subs and the next 2 days were hell on earth. Worse than the worst heroin wd's I've ever had. And no it was not mental. So what im saying is everyones metabolism of a certain drug is different and u shouldn't expect someone to not wd from subs for four days.

I experience watery eyes and a runny noes about 8 hours after I take it and after 36 hours I start feeling some withdrawals like muscle pain, anxiety and I become very uncomfortable. I guess I start to feel classic opiate withdrawals about 48 hours after I take it. Not full blown but pretty bad. 72 hours and its pretty bad. I can start to feel the effects of other opiates at this point.

^being on subs imo is like it was before u started using. The first couple times I used it I got high as a kite. After that it just keeps u normal I guess... idk... sub doesn't quite cut it for me. Thinking about switching to methadone. Remember u have to wait untill ur in full wd's before u take sub. If u do thaat then take the sub u sshould feel it. And let the strip disolve longer if it didnt work the first time. Like twenty min. And im assuming since u didn't feel the sub the first time u didn't get any in ur system and that's y u felt the 30 man...

K'd-OUT-in-AZ put it perfectly. About 72 hrs. Personally there's no way in hell I can go that long though :/

I had to wait until I was in full blown withdrawals before I was able to switch from 30mg Methadone to the Suboxone. I had went straight from 130mg of Methadone onto 30mg in one day after being on it for a year and a half. I kept puking all day, nearly every time I moved, even when I took my first 2mg dose of Suboxone. Before I was able to get on 8mg I was hallucinating from delirium.

Taking more opiates

Say I took 4mg sub at 3pm then insufflated 40mg Oxymorphone about 7 hours later, at around 10pm. I felt no rush and just feel very very sedated. I'm wondering if the oxy kicked the sub off my receptors, and I'm more likely to get high when I redose tmrw than if I hadn't done the Opana. Does the 40mg Oxymorphone I took make a difference in how high I'll get when I do another Opana 40 at around 3 or 4 pm tmrw? 24 hours after the sub ( 4mg ), with Oxymorphone 40mg in between?

I agree with 2 of the posters above.. i am on 2 8mg a day, one at night and one in the morning. After I take my first one, around 12 hours later I start feeling symptoms of w/d. I become freezing cold while I am sweating (cold sweats), I feel extremely nauesous, moody, anxious, typically wonderful feelings of w/d. I've been taking suboxone for a very long time. I stopped for awhile but started again about 8 months ago or so. If I use heroin 24hours later, I feel it but its only half as strong. Right now, I am about to try taking a detox drink then shooting up (I only took one 8mg today around 5:30 so im hoping I still feel it!!!)

The sad thing is since opiates are such powerful drugs, and their absence in the system leads to extreme pain, most addicts are not going to wait. Just deal with feeling less than you paid for or try something else...

has anyone tried detoxing their system hours after using? did it work? I will let you know how it goes

I stopped taking my suboxone on thursday.
On friday I took my first dose of oxycontin. I took 50 mg.

I started to feel sick, like dizzy an nauseous and my balance was to totally off.

took some activated charcoal to help with that and it did. However when I took my next dose of 40mg. of oxycontin I felt the nasties all over again.

Is this because I started to take it too soon? I KNOW I should not be taking it but I did.

What can I do NOW to get a high from the oxy's. Oh yes, they're also around two or three years old.

Is there anything I can do to get a high? I still have a few left and want to get my buzz before there is nothing left and I won't go an get any?

Could some one answer this ASAP

I am female around 50 weigh in around 130 and am 5'4" tall.

ANSWER SOON P-L-E-A-S-E-!!

i've been taking 1/4 of a suboxone 8mg for 8 days now, but recently gripped 3 oxy 20mgs, the OP ones. my last dose was at about 3pm today, and i'm curious as to whther i'll be able to catch one by taking these 3 pills tonight. i've read that as little as 12 hours can pass and you're somewhat in the clear, but a lot of places have said 36.

any of you guys have personal experience with this? would there be a better method than eating them to maximize the feeling? i really, really wanna do these and feel like a giant turd for taking ANY sub today, because i didn't even feel like i needed it at the time. any help will be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Depending on how much you have taken

It all depends on how much you take. I have taken a large quarter about 3mg and then just a couple hours later used and it just took a very little amount more to feel it. I also know people who have taken whole ones and about 6 hours later used and it just took alot. So I guess it comes down to if or not your willing to pay for and waste the extra shit. I also would say after 12 hours you can use normal.

agreed jg1829,

how long youve been on and how much suboxone you take daily and also your general tolerance levels for other things.

Personally once, I took 8MG a day of Suboxone for 3 days straight, and then got like 15 or 16 Perc 10/325s. 24 hours after my last dose of Suboxone I took my normal dose of the percs and felt them, but not to thier full effect. Like they ALMOST got me where I wanted to be, but it felt like I needed a little push to make it over the hill so to speak, took a couple more and I was there.

if you stay at around 3mgs a day I'd say 24 hours, but that's just for me, and I probably wouldn't wait that long, too impatient. I also wouldn't bother with anything weaker than heroin or something like it cause you probably wouldn't feel it.

but to really feel full effects I've noticed it's approx 3 days or so assuming you've been on bupe for a while. Personally I prefer to just stay on subs rather than deal with going back and forth. Heroin never feels that good when I take it after being on subs for a few months.

only took 2 1/4's of sub one day, when can I take

I ran out of my script for 30 mg hydrocodone, so at 2pm i took 1/4 of an 8mg suboxone, and then 1/4 at 3pm....I felt a little better, not a whole lot...I mean I was not sick, but I still did not want to get up or move around, and still anxious. This is the only time i ever took suboxone, just today....Now it is 10 pm, have some 30mg blues, and wondering what the heck to do now? I have read that I wont get sick, but I dont want to waste them.....Thanks for any info, have a great night to everyone!%)

erray

hi ive been on suboxone for a little over a month starting at 8mgs a day and gradually increased the dose to 24mgs a day. anyway i was shooting the 24mg dose of subutex up until about 5 or 6 days ago and my last sublingual suboxone dose being 3 days ago how long should i wait im judgin by what everyones writing i should wait maybe 4 days but am not sure. i plan to shoot up a 60 mg oxy

hi ive been on suboxone for a little over a month starting at 8mgs a day and gradually increased the dose to 24mgs a day. anyway i was shooting the 24mg dose of subutex up until about 5 or 6 days ago and my last sublingual suboxone dose being 3 days ago how long should i wait im judgin by what everyones writing i should wait maybe 4 days but am not sure. i plan to shoot up a 60 mg oxy

From personal experience I would have to say that you need to wait 72 hours. But remember you need to put tolerance into the equation. If you are taking 24mg of buprenorphine, even just 8mg, your tolerance will have increased since the last time you were using. I ran into this problem. I was on 8mg of Suboxone, hadn't taken an opiate in over a year and I decided I was going to relapse for a couple days. I waited 72 hours and took 60mg oxycodone. I thought that was a big enough dose since it had been more than a years since I last used but I was wrong, not only did I not feel anything, I was still feeling some of the withdrawals from the Suboxone (they kicked in about 48 hours after my last dose). It turns out 8mg of buprenorphine is stronger than 60mg of oxycodone. So be prepared that you are going to need a high dose to break through the 24mg of Sub that you were previously taking.

But 72 hours should be long enough to take another opiate.

From personal experience I would have to say that you need to wait 72 hours. But remember you need to put tolerance into the equation. If you are taking 24mg of buprenorphine, even just 8mg, your tolerance will have increased since the last time you were using. I ran into this problem. I was on 8mg of Suboxone, hadn't taken an opiate in over a year and I decided I was going to relapse for a couple days. I waited 72 hours and took 60mg oxycodone. I thought that was a big enough dose since it had been more than a years since I last used but I was wrong, not only did I not feel anything, I was still feeling some of the withdrawals from the Suboxone (they kicked in about 48 hours after my last dose). It turns out 8mg of buprenorphine is stronger than 60mg of oxycodone. So be prepared that you are going to need a high dose to break through the 24mg of Sub that you were previously taking.

But 72 hours should be long enough to take another opiate.

so is it weird if i am feeling absolutley no withdrawal symptoms from the subs even though my last dose was 4( or maybe even 5 cant seem to remember) days ago? alright so yur suggesting i up the dosage more? when i was using a 40 mg shot of oxy was enough to get me goin so i figured 60 would be the increase but im getting more than just one so i guess ill just have to see if 60 aint enuff up the dosage another 20-40 mg. thank you though for the response!!

Status
Not open for further replies.