• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long after taking suboxone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curios

Bluelighter
After taking suboxone approx how long until you would be able to take an opiate and feel the effects?..

I think buprenorphine has a half-life of 36hours...
SWIM always waits atleast 36h before he does other opiates,
but its better to wait 3 days...

It also depends on what opiate you
are about to use, kodein and such
may not be noticed after 36h, but Heroin,
Oxycodon & Fentanyl punch through the
bupe thats left in your system!¨
But it gets better effect the longer you wait....

Curios said:
36 hours eh?... long time..
guess the oxy will have to wait

I have waited 36 hours then done Heroin, got effect... no bad feelings or
anything! But it gets stronger the longer you wait!

I think you can do Oxy after 36h of bupe....

I'm moving this to DB, there are hundreds of bupe threads here you could have just searched to find your answer.

Like he said ^ searching will probably come up with quite a few answers.

But I would say the 36-48 hour mark is a good estimate on the average time you'd have to wait.

wait atleast 48 hours from your last bupe dose before dosing another opiate.

and it depends on how long you've been on bupe...a person who took 2mg ONE day isn't going to have much of a problem...even if they doses the same or next day. however, a person a bupe maint. for 3 months or something, will probally have to wait atleast 3 days before getting any decent effects from another opiate.

-ktx49

its worth the wait

I'm a prime example of how important it is to wait long before going to your opiate of choice after suboxone. This is especially true is you are like me and have been on suboxone since March of 2005 at 24 mg a day. I just wasted 240 wonderful 10/500 hydro's and 20 of 10/325 oxycodone's a month ago when I just couldn't wait long enough. I stopped cold turkey on my suboxone one afternoon, waited till the next day at the same time(24 hours)then couldn't stand the bupe wd's anymore and started taking one vicodin an hour. I got a slight buzz but nothing exciting. At the end of 48 hours since my last bupe dose, I was back to taking 7 vicodin at once(thank god I cwe them too). I only got a small buzz for 3 days, then something strange happened by the 7th day when I was finishing off my oxy. I started getting less and less of a buzz the more I took, then when I ran out, the wd's from not only bupe, but the hydro came back with a vengeance. Two opiates to wd from all at once, it was so horrible I had to resume taking my suboxone, only 7 or 8 hours since I last took my oxycodones. I held on for dear life, just praying that I didn't get sick from taking my sub too soon, someone must be watching out for me because I didn't get sick at all. The wd subsided within 20 mins and I was all better all at once, even a little buzz from the suboxone too. Caution, just because this worked for me remember it may be dangerous for another person to do because remember each one of us is totally different as far as chemistry etc goes. What worked for me could be disaster for you. But the point of my story is, learn from me and wait even a week without bupe in your system before having fun with some nice opiates, it will be well worth the wait otherwise they will be wasted and you will barely get a nice buzz like I did. Now I learned the hard way to just take some benzo's or something while wd'ing from the bupe and then stop taking the benzo's as soon as the wd becomes bearable on your own, then after a week or so you will probably get a nice buzz from your opiate of choice. Just be sure not to use too much benzo's or you will have a benzo monkey on your back as well as an opiate one too. Right?

help

Hi Guys (and mods),

As far as I can tell the question I'm about to ask hasn't already been answered somewhere...

It's 25 hrs after my last suboxone dose of 24mg, which I've been on for a few months.

I got my hands on a box of oxy 20mgs and understand that it will be basically 36-48 hrs until they can work on me (although I've just had some now). But I have a dinner I need to attend in about 36 hrs (so that will be 60 hrs since last suboxone dose) - will I be withdrawing from the bupe by that point to such a degree that even oxy's won't keep me straight?

What I'm asking is - will even the lingering bupe after 60 hrs be sufficient to overpower oxy's and keep me in withdrawal?

S

I dont think 36hrs is worthless since sub w/d's dont start for like 4 days I would fo 72hrsbefore using but becarefull. I dont know how much sub you are on but if its like 16mg a day dont bother unless you bang heroin. I only take 2-4mg of sub and after 72hrs I feel full effects of hydrocodone and oxycodone, im tooscared to do h

i want to bang some heroin but i just snortted 1/4 of a sub how long do i have to wait to feel the effect of the h

You can do it whenever but you have to do A LOT more of it to feel any. the narcan in subs only lasts 8 hours

IT VARIES WITH EVERYONE

I just tried this out after reading a million threads on it. most people say wait at least 24 hours.
Well I've gone a little over 24 hours without sub and just scored an 80. Now keep in mind that most people take 8mg or so. the MOST I will take is 2mg of Sub. I've been taking the sub for a few weeks. It's been 24 hours since last dose of sub, I just busted a 40 and i feel surprisingly good off of it (for a 40). I think when you keep yourself on low doses of sub it doesn't FULLY block your opiate receptors so when it really comes down to it theres a bunch of things you need to factor in. How much you dose, how often, how long have you been on sub, and other things like metabolic rate and what not

All I'm saying is, if your on low doses and don't wanna wait 48 hours, give it a try sooner but wait at least 24 hours. EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT

by the way, I Love Opiates

i think the binding affinity should be clear before you put more crap on there & that takes over 3days & the sickness from the subs alone is unbearable for an hour let alone fucking 48! Other wise you can use after 12 hours but it will take you many times more product to equal the same head space & you will not be able to get anything past the initial rush from personal exp(shakes fist).

From nine years of taking suboxone and opiates, I would say you should wait 96 hours since your last dose of suboxone to get the FULL effect of whatever opiate you're going to take.

Like for instance, I had an 80 mg OC and I snorted half of it at about 48 hours since my last dose of suboxone and only felt about half of the full effect of the OC. So, I waited another 48 hours and snorted the other half and felt the full effect. It also depends on how much suboxone you take. I take 16mg a day, so if you take about that, I would recommend waiting about four days, or 96 hours, since your last dose before taking any opiates. Or else your going to just waste them.

it really depends on ur withdrawl status...

say 8mg doesnt get u out of WD and u have left ove r oxy, u could dose the oxy id say 8hrs into it and have it work fine, but thats if ur actually WDing, meaning most/some ur receptors are still not being used so get them used!

how long to wait to take full agonist

This is tricky and depends on a lot of factors involved. I for instance was taking 16-24 mg suboxone. After a days i scored 20 OCs. Took 90 mgs amd felt awesome. the next day, i took a bit more oxy and no euphoria just nodding. The next day, strangely, I was in WD so I tool 150mgOC and only felt 1/2 the effest. Then i was out of OC, and had to wait 24 hours to get 4 subs, it took 3 for me to feel just normal. My thinking on this is that he suboxone at high doses for many months, even though I was in bad WDs, so bad that if someone offered my the dreaded methadone, I would have taken it. But I think that due to the long acting half life of sub, The oc relieved my initial dose, but then the sub was still lingering and slowly coming out. The Oc also may have developed a tolerance gue to my high tolerance, over just that one day. So that next day of OC the effects became lesser and lesser.. I know it is hard to wait, but i have only been sob free for less than 24 hours and feel no WDs, so I am not going to take the oc until I feel very icky, 3-4 days.:(

Also, there is probably enough Oc to Od myself before I feach the desired effect. Please use good judgement and caution. This is a common way people overdose.

how long to wait to take full agonist

This is tricky and depends on a lot of factors involved. I for instance was taking 16-24 mg suboxone. After a days i scored 20 OCs. Took 90 mgs amd felt awesome. the next day, i took a bit more oxy and no euphoria just nodding. The next day, strangely, I was in WD so I tool 150mgOC and only felt 1/2 the effest. Then i was out of OC, and had to wait 24 hours to get 4 subs, it took 3 for me to feel just normal. My thinking on this is that he suboxone at high doses for many months, even though I was in bad WDs, so bad that if someone offered my the dreaded methadone, I would have taken it. But I think that due to the long acting half life of sub, The oc relieved my initial dose, but then the sub was still lingering and slowly coming out. The Oc also may have developed a tolerance gue to my high tolerance, over just that one day. So that next day of OC the effects became lesser and lesser.. I know it is hard to wait, but i have only been sob free for less than 24 hours and feel no WDs, so I am not going to take the oc until I feel very icky, 3-4 days.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.