Bluelight

Thread: How long after taking suboxone...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

You took a decent amount. Not much would have been something like 1-2mg per day, so 3-6 mg total for 3 days. Taking 18mg over the course of 3 days has definitely put some blockade on your receptor. I would wait at least 48 hours, preferable 3 days after taking that much. Bupe has a long half life and a high affinity for your receptors so it stays around for a while. After 24 hours you will feel high but the effects would be greatly diminished. After 48 it will be much better, but likely not fully what you could get for you money and after 3 days I think you will be in the safe and will get what you paid for with the roxies.

You are basically looking for the bupe to totally leave your system. Any left over bupe will compete with the roxies at the receptor and win because bupe has a higher affinity than oxycodone. Bupe has a very long half life so it stay around for a long time. Best to wait as long as you can. Bupe has an average half life of 37 hours...so after 37 hours the average person still has half the bupe left in their system. that bupe will compete with the oxy and win. And that doesn't mean it takes your body 37 hours to get rid of half the bupe...it might take your body 60 hours. So just to be safe I would wait 3 days at least.
    Last edited by Z Y G G Y; 09-07-2010 at 02:41.

2. Collapse Details

Thanks man. Appreciate it. I'll just wait for the weekend.

3. Collapse Details

Somewhere between Eden and North Utopia. Somewhere beneath the astral plain
    It usually takes roughly 72 hours however from some recent experience I took oxycodone after 72 hours of abstinence from Suboxone and felt nothing so I waited ANOTHER day and then, after 96 hours, I begun to feel something from the oxycodone. Maybe the dose that I took at 72 hours was too low because I took a much higher dose after 92 hours. I took 30mg of Roxicodone my first attempt and then 75mg my second time. Maybe my habit before going onto Suboxone was much larger.

4. Collapse Details
    How long do I have to wait to get high on suboxone 
    Greenlighter
    Here's my story: I was on on sub for about 5years. Slowly tapered and now I'm completely off. I am having cravings again and since the only thing I have are about 25 8 mg subs I want to use those.

What's the best way to use them and get high. I have been off all opiates for over 3 months.....haven't taken anything and I'd like to maximize my experience.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

5. Collapse Details

i have been taking subutex since mon. 5mg on mon, and then about 1-1.5mg a day up until yesterday at 11am. it has now been 26 hours since i last took bupe.

i feel better now than when i was on the bupe the past week. i was messed up for the last week. more my fault for not knowing how to dose the subs. but im going on a vacation on monday and want to feel good then. these subs arent cutting it.

so i scored some 30mg roxis and was wondering how long i should wait. i am not going through any kind of withdrawal from the subs right now but i never went through withdrawlas beofre i went on them. i could go 24 hours without my oxy and still not be in withdrawals.

what would happen if i took one now? will it work a little or would it be a complete waste?

6. Collapse Details

Reading all these posts that people get high after 24 hours and such, a few weeks ago I ran out of subs and had my last 16 mg subwi on a Tuesday, that Friday I did a green 80 in 2 lines and I hardly felt anything , it kinda numbed my sickness a bit but I diddnt feel any powerful effects, I just got itchy but everything else wasn't there, same situation happened this week last dose was Tuesday I was gonna wait till Sunday and do a 60 red with about 2 bars of Xanax and see how I'm gonna feel

7. Collapse Details

I took a 4 mg sub 12 hours ago. My girlfriend is being a pain in the f'n ass and won't leave me alone. She wants me to get 3 or 4 perc 10's bc she wants to have one last night of fun. We've been having a last night of fun every night since the end of the first week of this relapse. I am so pised off right now. I don't think the percs will even work all that good. Will the subs still block the OC or since it's a 4mg dose for one day will the percs work again by now.

P.S. I can't stand my girlfriend. She's killing me and is becoming a whiny little drug fiend again. Not saying I've never been a whiny little fiend but she is on that mental patient level right now. F'n beggin me and shit. I think I need to leave...

8. Collapse Details
    just wondering?? 
    Hey I took suboxone for the first time this morning around 11am and just came into 2 30mg roxicet I was wondering is 24 hrs long enough to wait to feel any effect from them??

9. Collapse Details
    My experience 
    Lightbulb
    I have tested waiting different amounts of time over the years ... and i have always found that after about 13-16 hours (depending on dose) you can feel the effects of other opiates*.

*- If your using Suboxone, don't expect to feel much effects from weaker opiates such as T3s, Tramadol or vicoden. You have already amped you tolerance to the next level.

10. Collapse Details

]These threads are getting ridiculous.. After your on subs long enough you'll be able to tell how long you need to wait.. its called "Trial & Error" my friend. .

@Specterchild
    ^^ To the above poster, some say Suboxone + Tramadol actually do work together and exhibit synergism quite well.

To answer your question to the best of my ability all I have to say is this: "everyones metabolism is different, but it usually takes about 24hrs from your last

dose of sub b4 you can get fully high again on a normal opiate (<--But this is for people that are taking 2mg or less a day)..."

Last edited by Herbal~Jah; 22-08-2010 at 19:57. Reason: They need to make a sticky for this question...

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    if u take enough of anything you can use hours after taking bupe. just becareful And don't od. its dangerous. I would usually do twice my large heroin dose to counter act after taking bupe shortly beforehand. after 12 hours you should be able to feel a normal amount somewhat.

also someone said in a long post near the top that they were withdrawling from bupe after 24 hours. u don't actually start to wd from bupe till about 2-4 days ... and that's with 8 mgs. 24 should almost be double that amount of time.. it took me 4 full days after being off of two 8 mgs a day to get sick enough I couldn't stand it.

blocking effects are the same time length if u just take it once I'm pretty sure. maybe not quite as long.
    Last edited by nvan7891; 22-08-2010 at 20:26.

12. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i took about 2mg sub today and 2 mg sub about 5 hrs ago. im just cringing to snort some oxy right now. would that be a big ol waste and i wont feel anything at all?

13. Collapse Details

my account/experience with this subject:

i took subs over a 5 day span (not every day). for someone who does not have a high tolerance to opiate pain killers, i also didn't need much suboxone to quell my withdrawal symptoms. i started out with 2mg then cut that down to half a milligram on two other occasions. so, over a 6 day span, i took 2mg once, 1mg once, and half a milligram twice.

after 24 hours from the last dose, i decided to try hydrocodone out as i was beginning to feel the effects of the subs wearing off.

i didn't get high off of 10mg but i certainly could feel it. that night i tried 30mg additional (about 30hrs after last suboxone dose) and it got me where i wanted to be.

so, if you're like me, have a small tolerance to opiates, and don't use a lot of suboxone for a long while, you can get high on your regular dose of your DOC within, I'd say, about 30 hours of last dose of subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Specterchild View Post
    *- If your using Suboxone, don't expect to feel much effects from weaker opiates such as T3s, Tramadol or vicoden. You have already amped you tolerance to the next level.
    not necessarily

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Herbal~Jah View Post
    ]These threads are getting ridiculous.. After your on subs long enough you'll be able to tell how long you need to wait.. its called "Trial & Error" my friend. .

@Specterchild
    ^^ To the above poster, some say Suboxone + Tramadol actually do work together and exhibit synergism quite well.
    They do.

15. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    I took an 8mg Suboxone on Wed., i just happened to find someone empathetic enough to sell me one, I do not take them on a regular basis. This morning (Fri) I got some 10/325's and I must admit even after 48 hr's it took me 10 tabs just to feel what 6 tabs used to do. I am a glutton to begin with so perhaps I rationilized and second guessed mself due to reading some of the other posts that said 72 hrs. I guess it really does depend on the length of time one is on the Subs. Ya gotta be carefull ya know?

16. Collapse Details

im on 16mgs on sub per day. it took me about 4 days to get enough bupe out of my system to feel opana and i feel amazing off of it now! but everyone has different chemistry so i guess it really just depends on how your chemistry is. there is no set time limit because the amount of time bupe stays in your system varies from person to person. you just but i would definitely recommend at least waiting 72-96 hours if youre taking over 16mgs per day.

17. Collapse Details

Yes, when I relapsed on 2mg Suboxone I tried taking oxycodone 48 hours after and it did no good, then tried a little more 72 hours and no good results. I only got results after going 96 hours. What a waste of the oxycodone.

18. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    Okay...so i need some help here and some input...
    I took my first suboxone strip dose of half of a 8mg...
    I took it after only about 5 hours of not taking, i took a 30mg at around 12 in the morning and then another half at about 1230....i got the subs from the pharmacy at around 2, and waiting til 6 to try a first dose...I DID NOT FEEL SHIT!....this was my first times taking it once again....I know i took it too early but on top of that i just blew a 30 literally 20 min after the suboxone...It def gave me a euphoric effect in that it makes my nose feel nice, I really think i may have taken the subs wrong or something,(under the tongue let it dissolve)...Wut does it feel like to be on the subs...and am i just superman that i can take a 30mg right after and feel it???

Need some thoughts....

19. Collapse Details

This goes to the people who say u shouldn't feel withdrawals from sub for two to four days. I have been on suboxone for six months... I take two 8mg strips a day. One in the morning and one at night. And I can honestly say that 7-8 hrs after my first dose I experience wd's untill I take my next dose. Including runny,watery eyes, runny nose, and the dreaded chills and the cold sweats. Now im not saying the wd is so bad I can't stand it. But its as if my suboxone was heroin. Idk if that's normal or not.... but it happens. One time someone stole my bottle of subs and the next 2 days were hell on earth. Worse than the worst heroin wd's I've ever had. And no it was not mental. So what im saying is everyones metabolism of a certain drug is different and u shouldn't expect someone to not wd from subs for four days.

20. Collapse Details

I experience watery eyes and a runny noes about 8 hours after I take it and after 36 hours I start feeling some withdrawals like muscle pain, anxiety and I become very uncomfortable. I guess I start to feel classic opiate withdrawals about 48 hours after I take it. Not full blown but pretty bad. 72 hours and its pretty bad. I can start to feel the effects of other opiates at this point.

21. Collapse Details

^being on subs imo is like it was before u started using. The first couple times I used it I got high as a kite. After that it just keeps u normal I guess... idk... sub doesn't quite cut it for me. Thinking about switching to methadone. Remember u have to wait untill ur in full wd's before u take sub. If u do thaat then take the sub u sshould feel it. And let the strip disolve longer if it didnt work the first time. Like twenty min. And im assuming since u didn't feel the sub the first time u didn't get any in ur system and that's y u felt the 30 man...

22. Collapse Details

K'd-OUT-in-AZ put it perfectly. About 72 hrs. Personally there's no way in hell I can go that long though :/

23. Collapse Details

I had to wait until I was in full blown withdrawals before I was able to switch from 30mg Methadone to the Suboxone. I had went straight from 130mg of Methadone onto 30mg in one day after being on it for a year and a half. I kept puking all day, nearly every time I moved, even when I took my first 2mg dose of Suboxone. Before I was able to get on 8mg I was hallucinating from delirium.

24. Collapse Details
    Taking more opiates 
    Say I took 4mg sub at 3pm then insufflated 40mg Oxymorphone about 7 hours later, at around 10pm. I felt no rush and just feel very very sedated. I'm wondering if the oxy kicked the sub off my receptors, and I'm more likely to get high when I redose tmrw than if I hadn't done the Opana. Does the 40mg Oxymorphone I took make a difference in how high I'll get when I do another Opana 40 at around 3 or 4 pm tmrw? 24 hours after the sub ( 4mg ), with Oxymorphone 40mg in between?

25. Collapse Details

Needle
    I agree with 2 of the posters above.. i am on 2 8mg a day, one at night and one in the morning. After I take my first one, around 12 hours later I start feeling symptoms of w/d. I become freezing cold while I am sweating (cold sweats), I feel extremely nauesous, moody, anxious, typically wonderful feelings of w/d. I've been taking suboxone for a very long time. I stopped for awhile but started again about 8 months ago or so. If I use heroin 24hours later, I feel it but its only half as strong. Right now, I am about to try taking a detox drink then shooting up (I only took one 8mg today around 5:30 so im hoping I still feel it!!!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast