• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How To Prepare Roxicontin For IV?

bladesta

Bluelighter
I just got a decent amount of the small blue 30mg roxicontins and i normally get oxycontin 80s, but this was all that is available for now. Since i've read roxicontins is basically pure oxycodone i figured you should be able to shoot them. I am guessing its the same process as preparing an oxycontin to shoot by just crushing, adding water, heating, and then filtering with some cotton from an ear swab. I was wondering if this would be the same process for preparing roxicontins. The pill seems more like a chalky type pill more like a xanax so it seems like it may get kind of gooey if water is added. Anyone who has any knowledge about preparing roxicontins for IV please share your information as it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! %)

bladesta said:
I just got a decent amount of the small blue 30mg roxicontins and i normally get oxycontin 80s, but this was all that is available for now. Since i've read roxicontins is basically pure oxycodone i figured you should be able to shoot them. I am guessing its the same process as preparing an oxycontin to shoot by just crushing, adding water, heating, and then filtering with some cotton from an ear swab. I was wondering if this would be the same process for preparing roxicontins. The pill seems more like a chalky type pill more like a xanax so it seems like it may get kind of gooey if water is added. Anyone who has any knowledge about preparing roxicontins for IV please share your information as it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! %)

There is a lot of info on preparing pills for injection if you search. A LOT of info.

If you're using a cotton filter, you are definitely risking the injection of the binders and fillers in pills, and that nasty stuff can clump together in your bloodstream and cause major problems.

Most people suggest not injecting pills. But obviously some people are going to, so another suggestion is to use a micron filter. There are links in some other posts as to how you might go about purchasing one. Using a micron filter is much safer, since any binder/filler will be unable to pass through. In fact, all bacteria and even some virii are too small to pass through a micron filter. So you're ensuring a liquid solution, which is better for you.

There is an argument that ON AVERAGE, shooting street heroin is less dangerous than shooting pills, because a lot of people fail to properly prepare a pill for injection. I don't know enough to have an opinion one way or the other. Obviously, a correctly prepared pill (if it is possible to prepare correctly) results in a solution whose exact dosage is known, so it can be potentially quite safe. Trouble is, people don't or can't prepare it properly.

Sorry if I'm rambling, I'm a mess right now.

Oh, and don't miss -- abscesses would be really unfortunate things.

lol thanks for the info, but I am just wondering if there would be a different process in preparing a roxicontin to IV than preparing an oxycontin to IV. I know the roxicontins i have are 30mg non-timed released oxycodone, so its basically pure oxycodone which is why i thought you should be able to IV it and get good results since oxycontin is pure oxycodone except it is just timed-released. I remember trying to IV a 30mg roxicontin awhile ago and i added water and some heat and it basically reacted like an oxycontin does when you cook it except that there was alot more of the blue goo type stuff left over and i used cotton to filter. Does anyone know if this is the correct way to IV a roxicontin? Or should i be applying no heat at all and just use water or what? Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..

actually, those 30'd seem to work much faster for rec. use oxycodone rather than real oxyies. Try plugging them, insane

well i've never plugged anything in my life and i don't really plan on it because i don't really understand how you could achieve a rush from it. i'd much rather just know how to prepare roxicodone for IV because i know roxicodones can be IV'd since they are pure oxycodone basically. I just need to know if you prepare it the same way you would an oxycontin by crushing, then applying heat and filtering through cotton or if you can just put it in water and mix it around a little bit and no heat is required at all, or if you need to have the water come to a boil in the spoon before filtering with cotton or what. Anyone with any knowledge on IVing roxicodones please share! Thanks %)

bladesta said:
crushing, then applying heat and filtering through cotton or if you can just put it in water and mix it around a little bit and no heat is required at all, or if you need to have the water come to a boil in the spoon before filtering with cotton or what. Anyone with any knowledge on IVing roxicodones please share! Thanks %)

I have shot the Roxicodone 30's a bunch of times, but I never really took much care in prepping them in a safe fashion......I would basically crush one up, put the powder in the spoon, add water, heat (but not too much, just a little), draw up through tightly rolled cotton and shoot....

However, sometimes I would squirt the solution back into another spoon, and draw it up again......you actually get a remarkably clear solution if you do this.....

I find these little blue 30's to be MUCH more enjoyable than trying to fuck around w/shooting OC's, and the rush is pretty nice......something tells me that they aren't as dangerous for IV as OC's but who's to know for sure??? :\

well when i mix water with the blue powder and apply some heat to it, it reacts somewhat like an OC does and then when i put the cottonball in to filter there is like a blue, gel type stuff left. is this correct or should i have cooked all of that off? i rub the cottonball around into the blue mush to try to absorb as much liquid as possible out of it, but i'm still not 100% sure if i am doing it correctly. is what i'm doing sound like the correct procedure to prepare roxicontins for IV?

This is a method i posted for mscontin, it will work for roxicontin:

They are essentially identical, both waxy slow-release morphine tablets. I have injected MANY (far far too many) mscontin and other generic morphine sustained-release tablets in the past, and its been over 3 years since ive banged them, and my biggest IV related scar is from banging them, and the scar is STILL there on my forearm and doesnt appear to be going anywhere. And, the only (two times) i have EVER gotten "cotton-fever" was from IVing mscontin and its generic equivolents (cotton fever often isnt from the cotton, it usually is an immune system reaction from the wax and particulates, as your body can percieve these particulae as bacteria or some unwanted microbes, and it reacts violently with fever, fine tremer, PIERCING headache/tinitus, vomiting etc.). I am luckly i didnt get endocarditis.

Anyways, if you are going to inject them, you should do it correctly (its hypocritical for me to say NOT to bang them, but this is harm reduction and people should learn from my mistakes). If you search, i have detailed a couple methods in a number of threads about injecting these types of pills specifically. You sound like you are using a decent message, and 5cc syringe is definately required for adequate filtering. So crush up your tablets after washing off the coating, then cook with your sterile water briefly while stirring (it should NEVER boil, you are not trying to kill bacteria here) untill it achieves a more uniform consistency. Unforunately, some heat is a necessary evil, as it yeilds more drug in the shot, but at the same time, it also allows more particulates to become temporarily liquified and suspended in the solution. Before cooking up the solution, get your 5cc rig ready, so removed the plunger, and put DRY sterile cotton lightly packed up to around 1cc mark, or a more time consuming way is to use stacked coffee filter paper , by cutting little circles the SLIGHTLY smaller than the diameter of the syringes barrel and enough of these (it takes quite abit of these paper circles) up to around the .5cc mark (you can use the coffee filters up to .5cc mark then add loosely packed cotton ontop up to the 1cc mark for optimal filtration). Then once you have your morphine tablet solution consistent and still warm, add just enough cotton to soak up the solution. Add this wet morphine soaked cotton into the BACK (the plunger is still out) of the pre-prepared 5cc rig for filtration (again, stuffed with either dry cotton, stacked coffee filters or both), and there will probably be remaining gunk on the spoon, and wipe up the rest with more cotton (using some sterilized tool, i use a metal pointed dental pick and tweezers, but if you are using you fingers, make sure they are pre-cleaned with anti-bacterial soap and alcohol), and add it into the back of the 5cc rig with the other wet cotton. Then, get a fresh sterilized spoon, put the neede of the 5cc rig above the spoon, and insert the plunger, and press down, forcing the wet cottons through the dry cotton/and or coffee filters into the spoon. The resulting solution should be free of floating particulates and transparent, but it will not be clear like water. Take your syringe that is going to be used for injecting and draw up this solution (if it has no floating particulates, which it shouldnt) into the injecting rig. If you are using a 2 or 5cc rig to IV with, it is better than a 1cc rig (especially if your banging numerous tablets), so the IV rig wont be full. Remove the plunger from the filtrating syringe and add more sterile water, mix it around with the tool, and put the plunger back in and slowly force more solution into the clean spoon, and draw it up with injecting rig. Keep on adding more water and forcing it through the filtering rig untill your injecting rig is full, but of course leave sufficient room for pulling back. The bigger the capacity of the injecting syringe, the more water you can pass through the injecting rig, and the higher yeild you will obtain. This is a "safer" method to filter mcontin for IV usage without micron filtration.

I just recently got a connection for these every month. I am not one to IV pharmaceuticals, and I probably won't try it, but I will say taking 2 to 2 1/2 of the 30's orally is a nice damn buzz.

Out of curiosity, does plugging Opiates work well? I just got some of those Diastat (rectal Diazepam), and I was curious as to whether Opiates work significantly better rectally than orally and nasally?

plugging opiates can work extremely well.. but the effect all depends on the opiate... btw.. piper.. diazepam is not an opiate.. it a benzo..
but plugging can have an excellent effect with opiates that have a very poor oral bioavailability... such as morphine...
also I would seriously stress NOT insulfating any medication or opiate that may contain APAP..

then cook with your sterile water briefly while stirring (it should NEVER boil, you are not trying to kill bacteria here) untill it achieves a more uniform consistency.
Why do you have to cook? If you would heat the water in a microwave or in a kettle on a stove in the first place, it would be the same as adding heat to the solution, right? Why does people usually do it with room temperature water and then add heat by torching it? Why not to prepare it to water heated already?

:\
i think you have to burn themwith some fire until thye melt.. that's how my bf does them

Oh my god this person just wants a simple answer.

Yes, you just crush, add water and draw it up through cotton. The leftovers stuff you see is the binders in the pill.

what the fuck are ROXICONTIN(s)? Are they new?

I have heard of Roxicet and Roxicodone, and Oxycontin, but never ROXICONTIN. Am I missing something?

And really, IV'ing pills have been covered a million times. UTFSE

I understand, christa that you are new but normally there is no point to giving advice to people's three year old questions... Or to topics covered six million times... Or to give BAD advice!

You don't heat pills to shoot them! It melts the dangerous insoluble binders and fillers so you are shooting MORE of the harmful material with ZERO added benefit.

do not heat roxis they dont need heat and use a micron filter if you must shoot pills!