• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters
This poll is useless unless someone has experienced them all.

full pods.. whole ground material... wide spectrum of alkaloids.

This, my friend have wd'd from heroin, oxycodone, buprenorphine ant poppies or opium, ans its the worst. Imagine heroin state WD's but they last 2-3 months. Every second is total miserable state of life that human can ever feel. It's fucking hell ,last time I got 2,5 months WD's before I didnt feel them anymore, never again that shit, its disgusting wd's, so bad you really way finds to kill yourself. That leaded me to pregabalin wds because theya re the only one that helped with them.

If you mean the worst feeling for the longest time
An oral 120mg/day Methadone habit is the worst
Between day 4 and day 12 without any other drugs to counteract

Its like somebody set your body on fire in hell while laying on a meat slab freezer cube

If you mean all out sheer trainspotting terror that has you fall ill in 2 hrs and in full all out wirhdraw in 6hrs nasal Hydromorphone is the worst

Oxymorphone while stronger and just as bad takes 12hrs to come on

If you prefer all out addiction
50/50 White diamorphine/Fentanyl analogues

If you make it to withdraw comes on slower but is the worst feeling of them all because they usually contain multiple research chemicals

blahblahblahblah. I realize this is 10 years old and I hope this message finds you well! Like you, I tried EVERY downer under then sun! I was basically forced to get on Methadone and was told Id be on a taper program that would allow me to be on it for 6 MONTHS total....I followed my program to the T BUT years later my addicted personality took hold of me and there I was. Im from CT and one day I decided to move down to Fla and kick 7 years of being on 85 mgs cold turkey! I wish I could talk to everyone and tell them that its murder on your body as a whole! I ended up going into heart failure because it was much too much for my heart to handle! At the time I was a very small woman, Im 5 foot nothing and weighed barely 100 at the time, when I took the peak & trough text they told me my body broke down the methadone fast so i needed a higher dose. PLEASE dont get sucked into this crap! If I can do it so can you!!!!

Morphine, hands down, no contest, 100% winner as the worst for me. I had unlimited access to it for years. Until I went to work one morning, withdrawls just starting, and was told to go home because I had been placed on Administrative Leave! My only thought was, I can't go home, how am I going to get my drugs? Can't remember the dose I'd prescribed for myself, but when I went to a rehab for medical people, I was voted The Morphine Queen; quite the honor coming from a roomful of junkie doctors.

Dilaudid and Fentanyl tie for second place. I hate to see people having such a rough time with methadone, it gave me my life back. But we do it a bit differently here in Australia than in the USA, It's basically free here, available from just about every chemist, no piss tests required, don't have to show up at some crazy hour and wait forever so it's pretty easy to live a normal life while on it and do a really slow taper. I went from 110 mg, decreasing 2,5mg every 2 weeks then, at 25mg transferred to suboxone - also free -16mg, did slow taper over a few months and had no withdrawl, even after being on the done for 6 or 7 years. Been off both for about 3 years now

Morphine was the worst for me as well. I had a decent supply as well, ex was a nurse. God never again, sickest I've ever been

I'm in the middle of a break up from subutex... I haven't had anything in 2days... Hunkered down with a few fourties and some bud.... Ah... Feel like I'm going to freaking die atm. Some one tell me how to make this a little better... completely broke... Idk ... Between the puking and pooping the mild emotional rollercoaster day 2 is kicking my a$r?

Fentanyl for me definitely. The RLS for me is arms,legs, everything. I felt like Mr. Bojangles! Worst WD ever...

Now that I've experienced it, 160mg Methadone dependency and running out early is the worst. Maybe not as severe as oxy/heroin wd, but it doesn't improve at all. Even 2 weeks in, it's just as bad as when it first starts (and reaches the 'height' of the acute w/d phase), whereas with H and/or oxy wd, the worst part (by far) is over after 8-10 days. There's still some discomfort after that, but it's nothing like methadone, which just seems like an endless w/d 'peak'.

I agree methadone and buprenorphine are especially very difficult withdrawals to endure because of their super long half-lifes. It may not be as harsh and intense as a short-acting opiate will give, but they are very long and drawn out. Symptoms just lingering and lingering and lingering..... my last WD from one of those was from buprenorphine. I had been using it mostly via IV route for several months. My average dose per day was 6mg, but some days i may have only done 2mg cuz of supply shortages.

I wound up getting arrested for some trouble I got in about 5 or 6 hours after my last 2mg IV dose. I was taken to jail, and was OK for a couple days cuz of the long half-life buprenorphine has. Around the 2nd day or so, I could feel the bupe leaving my system little by little, and with each little bit leaving, I could feel withdrawal symptoms manifest themselves little by little. After the 4th day, you are in full-blown withdrawal. The RLS was so terrible I was beating on myself. My cell-mate thought I was crazy.

After enduring slow and agonizing pain for about 12 days, I finally had gotten the medical staff there to put my GABAPENTIN 800z on the med cart. They helped IMMENSELY. I finally got some sleep that night after going 12 days without a wink. My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of my skull from all the pressure of them not being able to get rested. Over about 3 weeks to 30 days most of the WD symptoms resolved themselves. Besides the flashes of profuse sweating and having to shit all the time , the symptom that annoyed me most and stuck around the longest was the EXCESS MOUTH SALIVATION. It just would not stop! The other symptom that got me pissed off the most and is potentially dangerous is the CONSTANT URGE TO URINATE. It was tough to deal with cuz I wad on a top bunk and kept having to hop down to go. But this is the bad thing, it kept me from wanting to hydrate myself, cuz it seemed every sip of water I'd take, within minutes it wanted to come out!

So that was a tough one. Not exactly the most intense but long and drawn out. Thank God I managed to get my GABA, cuz who knows how long it would have been before i got any sleep if i didnt. That makes you want to kill yourself cuz lack of sleep us very bad for mental health.

I have been thru oxycontin, hydrocodone, codeine, darvocet, etc .. and most of the other weak-moderate fast-acting withdrawals as well. They can be pretty intense at their peak, but the worst is over with in 3-5 days. Usually after 6 I start getting sleep back again.

My absolute harshest withdrawal was from when one of my dealers had been selling black tar heroin, and I was using it via IV for about 3 months straight. About .25g/day average. It had ridiculously long "legs". It took forever for WD to hit. Well into the next day after your last dose. I think like mentioned before about poppies and opium, this dope had many other alkaloids in it whiched caused the duration of it to last longer. It was SEVERE heroin withdrawal symptoms for about 13 days until they began subsiding. Man that one was bad.

Hello new to this site...I have had withdrawl for most all opiates made.....and methadone absolutely the worse..
I'm a former Marine who has had several injuries that had me talking large doses of opiates ..The va put me on 60mg mgs of methadone which I quickly had raised 10 mgs a week until I was taking 180 mgs for a year..
Took a new job for post military had to have clean system and had to travel to Kuwait..
I thought I was dying..
Don't recommend methadone..The worst part of methadone withdrawal for me was not sleeping for numerous days..and the deep bone pain..

76hun

I?m currently taking 180 mg oxycodone a day , I got ahold of some methadone liquid today . What would be a good starting point for it ? Last dose of icy 2.5 hours ago .

Without a doubt.... Fentanyl.

I am a Canadian citizen traveling in Europe. I became addicted to this medication after a doctor in Belgium, on seeing how much medications I was perscribed for this (and Myo-fibrosis) decided ti reccomend that I take this medication. His selling point was that it would get me off of all the opiates I was using. (I had no knowledge about synthetic opiates nor abiut how dangerous and addictive they were.)

Of course the medication worked and I no longer had the need for the mass amounts of opiates I had been taking. However! one day, I found myself short of patches. I have never veen so sick in all of my life ! My kidneys felt like they were exploing in my body... hot and cold flashes with sweat pouring out of my body. (after not even 24 hours).

Realising that I was going through withdrawals, I have gotten into the habit if taking these patches every two days and plaing the semi-used patch between my cheek and gum.
(I know... shameful)

Currently, I am addicted to this drug. And as Ihave no health insurance and cannot afford treatment, I am seriously considering taking my life as the only way out from the horrors if this addiction.

Please...if you are considering using this drug. DON'T. Find an alternative as the withdrawls are the worst thing you can imagine.

Fentanyl is one hundred times more powerful than morphine. It is really really dangerous.

I may not be around much longer as I cannot seem to find help for my addiction. So if these words will prevent just one person from playing with this.... HEED THEM WELL.

Pretty pointless poll, in order to answer this you need to have experience with every listed ppioid and gone through wd.

The mot dangerous drug... Fentanyl

Fentanyl is the worst.

It is one hundred times more potent than morphine and fifty times more powerful than heroin. Furthermore, you can die from withdrawals. Or, like me, become so depressed and ashamed about ones addiction that they want to commit suicide.

This is definitely the most dangerous drug I have ever encountered. Please avoid it if you can... I am begging you.

Hello new to this site...I have had withdrawl for most all opiates made.....and methadone absolutely the worse..
I'm a former Marine who has had several injuries that had me talking large doses of opiates ..The va put me on 60mg mgs of methadone which I quickly had raised 10 mgs a week until I was taking 180 mgs for a year..
Took a new job for post military had to have clean system and had to travel to Kuwait..
I thought I was dying..
Don't recommend methadone..The worst part of methadone withdrawal for me was not sleeping for numerous days..and the deep bone pain..

76hun

Coming off methadone is only really difficult when someone doesn’t do a proper taper or have the right comfort meds. With a taper and comfort meds it is very manageable to come off, far easier than cold turkey heroin or something.

yeah, I feel like any opioid is going to be awful to come off of given the right tolerance and duration. I thought morphine was really rough at ~150-200mg/day, but then I cleaned up. Then I did Tianeptine for 3-4 months at like 5-7g/day and coming off that just about blew my head off, that was miles worse than morphine, but I had a baby tolerance on morphine and my dose was like 200x the recommended dose on tianeptine so obviously not a 1 to 1 comparison.