• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters

erosion

Bluelight Crew
I have been using opiates for 4-5 years now, and have detoxed from oxy, fentanyl, heroin, methadone hydrocodone, and many others. Which drugs do you think have the worse withdrawls? I know this is extemely subjective, so I am looking mostly for reponses from opiates with shorter half lives. I would also appriciate responses on withdrawling from methadone, but if so, please include your experiences with withdrawls from "traditional" opiates.

For me, the worst is heroin, with oxy coming in second. Oxy withdrawl is terrible, but I don't find it nearly as bad as heroin withdrawl considering how terrible the cold sweats I get when w/ding.

Anyway, what is everyone elses experiences on this subject?

Edit - 3 Years from when this was made 1/22/08

Boy has it been a rocky 3 years since I made this poll. Many more withdrawals to endure, unfortunately. Between the brutal heroin/methadone double time withdrawals that were the most mind and body altering experience(s) I have ever endured, and enlightening experiences with Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome, my view has a lot more perspective now. Withdrawal itself and the constant fear of it were a huge motivation for me in quitting altogether. Its no life at all living in fear like that. I decided for those and other reasons to leave all that in the past. I'm sure this has been the experience of others. Feel free to add updates or interesting experiences, everybody!.

Last edited:
1)methadone/LAAM [2 years] Insane kick, I couldnt hack it went back on heroin

2)heroin [10 years] Insane kick but managable with the right detox

3)oxy/hydro pretty similar kicks [1 year habit] tough but I never really kicked I just was substituting for H

4)buprenorphine [2 years] mild, easy

Those are opiates I have been on for long periods of time and than kicked, others such as Fent. and Dilaudid I never used for long stretches just as substitutions when abusing heroin.

Methadone wins hands down I dont think you could find a worse opiate to w/d from, yuck

wow ive only ever gone through oxy withdrawl but if u say thats number 2 it cant be that bad. then again i never was an IV user and i always had enough supply to wean myself off, not just stop using at high doses cold turkey. lost a lot of sleep and was pissed off 24 seven and felt like i had a cold all the time but that was about it for a week or 2. guess i was lucky.

full pods.. whole ground material... wide spectrum of alkaloids.

id guess methadone.

since i havent personally experience any type of opiate withdrawal.

I went completely insane comeing off methadone the first time.I couldn't lay down,it hurt to sit up,icouldn't eat from pukeing,hell, my eye lashes even hurt!!!I can remember my skin crawling off of me till i finally jumped out my window.I went into rehab the next day and stayed a few days,but left there and got back on the clinic.My next detox wasn't nearly as intense as my first,mainly cold sweats,naseau,no sleep,about like w/d from oxys and dillaudid.Oddly enough i went back on methadone 3.5 years ago for pain management due too the fact it's the one opiate i can make last all month!!

zer0502 said:
full pods.. whole ground material... wide spectrum of alkaloids.

pods are quite a nasty fucking withdrawl. As you stated, you're withdrawing from numerous chems, not just one..but methadone wd is definately more prolonged and word from the veterans, the WORST by far.

ive kicked nubain(same as buprenex basically), oxycontin, heroin and recently methadone...

easiest Nubain was uncomfotable, but its nasically over in 3-4 days..
little harder was oxycontin..i withdrawed physically for about a week and the insomnia/tiredness/boredom lasted about a month..

heroin was pretty damn hard...

methadone is the worst for me..i kicked it 4 months ago and i STILL am feeling lingering feelings of anxiety and depression!!

^I was always surprised to hear people say they were getting high off a partial agonist/antagonist like Nalbuphine, especially with it's ceiling effect. My experience w/ mixed agonist-antagonist opioids has been that they made me feel pretty "crunchy" (not clean feeling, headache, and a weird "out of it" kind of euphoria- I thought to myself: "Wow, I'd rather have some codeine!").

Heh. Quite the right thread for my first post since I've been back home from rehab. Personally Oxycontin has me in crazy nasty w/d's. I was up to 400-450mg/day or so and am still feeling depressed, mad hot/cold flashes/chills, nausious (was throwing up like mad the whole first week or so without). I'm also in w/d from alprozolam (recent nasty seizure sent me to rehab) so i can't include all my shitty feelings but if I had to pick one opiate off that list that gives the worst w/d I'd say oxycontin hands down, followed by methadone, followed by heroin. This could also be a little biased because I'm feeling so shitty right now, and my oxycontin tolerance was so high right before I stopped.

Other

1-2 bags of smack a day and then swallowing a 50mg Naltrexone tablet to prove to my dad that I wasn't using... well.. when I started rocking back and forth, I wasn't so convincing. I felt like my entire body was being submerged in electical ice water... Took 4mg of xanax to put me out and 3 bags the next day to make me feel better

paradox-i am surprised to hear that people dismiss nubain right f the bat because of its structure...there are alot of bainheads in and around the gym culture...i know many more nubain addicts than heroin or oxycontin adicts..may sound crazy bu i would rather have lifetimesupply of nubain than oxy or heroin, mostly due to its clean and energetichigh..with heroin ad oxy, the longer i used it the less of a high andmore of a lethargy and general tiredness that came with it..nubin gave memore motivation than ANY other drug, whereas xy and heroin drained it..

m

Only opiate I've done to the point of serious withdrawls is dilaudid, but I would assume they are similar, adjusted for dose/duration. 4 days on 3 off, no withdrawls since.

i said heroin but im sure methadone is worse, i just haven't been lucky enough to go through methadone withdraw.

i used heroin 2! days in a row this week (first time since MAY) and i had mild withdraw... WTF is that shit. goosebumps, mild fever, chills, etc. how is that possible?

ive expierienced more physical pain from withdraw of oxycotin than from any other opiate, more body pain( lower back pain) and nausea. never realy had withdraw from any other opiate other than heroin which for me the only hard part was the chills and mentaly only thinking about getting high

poppy tea produces the worst w/d from my own experience. i have heard that methadone w/d is the worst. It seems like the longer it lasts, the worse the w/d.

done more cold turkeys than I care to remember, mainly in a prison cell, with no one to hear my screams...

heroin tops the bill, a smoking habit was the worse to kick, more so than injecting habits, I thinks its got something to do with the gear being injested through the lungs and stomache.

done a few benzo habits which like methadone habits have had me suffering months without sleep...