• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters
Top left of the "drug culture" page, click on "new thread". Idk the answer, but you'd be better offf making a thread than asking in a thread not remotely related to your question.

Poppy tea withdrawals are by far the worst for me! Spent 5 days in the shitter, and spent my nights wide awake, curled up in a ball.

The worst part... i can no longer drink coca cola, as i used to use it to wash the nasty ass taste in my mouth. I hate coke to this day

I agree seahawks, pod tea wd was hell for me. Strangely, I sleep for days in wd. But crazy, fever dream, nightmarish sleep.

I've used OxyContin for years after amputation and am in recovery from Heroin addiction with crack injecting both together for ten years and all the detox and cold turkey I have done,by far the worst is OxyContin followed by mst morphine sulphate.i have never experienced anything so hash.ive worked as a support worker and will always be available for anyone who needs advise and if I can,help for people in addiction especially caused by pain killers

Some of the fentanyl analogues. Not even 192 mg of loperamide gave any more than maybe a 10 % reduction in symptoms. Was short though, unlike bupe. Uuugggh

Even though its not part of the poll, codeine isnt exactly a picnic to withdraw from either, especially if you've been doing large doses over a long period of time

Some of the fentanyl analogues. Not even 192 mg of loperamide gave any more than maybe a 10 % reduction in symptoms. Was short though, unlike bupe. Uuugggh

I switched to fentanyl for the sold purpose of WD from bupe....tapered down on bupe then on the fent patches cut into smaller pieces for 2 weeks...then off the fent...it was the easiest WD iv e had. I've WD from bupe after a similar taper and it was much worse

I would imagine switching to kratom at the end of a taper is good for getting off bupe too as kratom is very easy WD

I have four days to go till I get more ox but have acces to some weak codiene and pot will this get me through ?

I switched to fentanyl for the sold purpose of WD from bupe....tapered down on bupe then on the fent patches cut into smaller pieces for 2 weeks...then off the fent...it was the easiest WD iv e had. I've WD from bupe after a similar taper and it was much worse

I would imagine switching to kratom at the end of a taper is good for getting off bupe too as kratom is very easy WD
i think the fentanyl analogues were more potent than the original substance. i used it in the form of nasal sprays and they made me nod (and vomit, a lot) all the fucking time, and i already had a decent opioid tolerance. unlike now, i couldn't get high on tramadol, unless i used insane, extremely dangerous amounts around 2000 mg.

If tapered too fast, withdrawal from any opioid is terrible. About 90% of people who try to go "cold turkey" fail. I was on oxycontin for a few years after several failed spine surgeries. i was treated by a very experienced pain mgmt MD. If a person has been on opioid pain meds for a long time (months) he tapers them at 10-20% reduction a month. It takes time to taper off, but there are little or no withdrawal symptoms.
I once abruptly stopped taking three 80 mg oxycontin a day. I was sicker than I had ever been. I tried really hard. But no one can endure that, if you have pain meds available.

pot and loperamide (32-128 mg) should be enough, especially with the codeine.

Don't suggest such high doses of loperamide. Loperamide causes QT interval prolongation, which is dangerous and can even result in death. Loperamide for opioid WD purposes works well in the sub-30 mg range. Withdrawing from a major codeine habit I only needed 8 mg to get rid of GI problems. Going higher than 32 mg is really unnecessary and not worth the risk.

I have no experience of the big opiates/opioids like H, methadone or morphine. I did come off Dihydrocodeine which was no picnic but was doable, and later in my habit Tramadol. By far Tramadol was the worst. The crushing anxiety and depression-never suffered with these before, the brain zaps, pain in the lower back, shitting yourself into oblivion, feeling like you're about to have a seizure, RLS, tingling in all the extremities, feeling like your face wants to actually crawl off you, no fucking sleep-for weeks! Feeling of hopelessness. Like the flu??? Yeah right!!!! If only withdrawal from Tramadol was as amenable as the mother f**king flu!! And it's not even a strong opioid! And the withdrawal seems to go on for over two weeks IME at least.

The worst drug to withdraw from is the drug you are withdrawing from at the moment.

By the way, for those who don't know, Tramadol and SSRI's can actually cause serotonin syndrome and seizures. By some pathway it stimulates serotonin and this may contribute to your feelings.

By the way, for those who don't know, Tramadol and SSRI's can actually cause serotonin syndrome and seizures. By some pathway it stimulates serotonin and this may contribute to your feelings.

I agree. Tramadol has a similar action to an SNRI I think, or an SSRI, so it's said that with Trams you can get the typical opioid W/D symptoms and Atypical symptoms like the mental anguish, depression, anxiety and depersonalisation. I know you can get those symptoms with a lot of opioids but with Trams it seems to be amplified somewhat.