• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters
I'd have to say that fentanyl after fairly chronic use (3,600 mcg/day), in both the form of Duragesics and Actiqs, was a pretty bad kick...

Anybody got a bupe wd horror story to tell? My experience with it happened when I got out of detox, the bupe wore off and it was bad, but nowhere near as bad as smack wd.

Novus Opiate said:
Iv gone through mild tea withdrawls, i see the potential for really long, drawn out wd but it cant be as bad as heroin.... nah.

All subjective.. atleast with heroin it ends quick.. tea withdrawals last a long time

I've gone through seed tea withdrawals and pod withdrawals.. both sucked

paradoxcycle said:
^I was always surprised to hear people say they were getting high off a partial agonist/antagonist like Nalbuphine, especially with it's ceiling effect. My experience w/ mixed agonist-antagonist opioids has been that they made me feel pretty "crunchy" (not clean feeling, headache, and a weird "out of it" kind of euphoria- I thought to myself: "Wow, I'd rather have some codeine!").

you feel exactly the same as I do. it baffles me to think of people getting off from antagonists (and any drug with a ceiling affect). I guess it could work for someone who has little to no opiate tolerance.

IMO heroin withdrawal is the worst.

^^antagonists like nubain will NOT produce a heavy sedation and nod like agonists, but they do make you feel good and energetic, very nice mood lifting effects...its a very 'functional' high with antagonists, whereas with heroin usually one goes into a partial coma..

If you do a slow taper from methadone it is very tolerable... but abrubt withdrawl from high doses and longtime maintenance, produces bone aches so deep... it feels like you have bone cancer, sleep deprivation so bad that you hallucinate, diarrhea and/or vomiting so bad that you get electrolyte imbalance... I've been there. If you treat each of these symptoms then it is not life threatening, but if you are imprisoned or something of that nature where they refuse to treat you, and your on a high dose, or have any other health problems, it can be deadly. It is a rumor that people don't die from methadone withdrawls.. They sure do... only the cause of death is listed as electrolyte imbalance, or heart arrhythmia... both of which were caused by the methadone abrubt withdrawl in the first place. There were two women that died in Florida county jails due to abrupt methadone withdrawls. This is a big reason to promote imates receiving their prescribed medications... which a lot of jails do not do at this time.

in Europe methadone is widely used by governments to wean people off heroin. sounds like that's a bad idea from what the w/d seems to be like.

edgeflopper said:
bone aches so deep... it feels like you have bone cancer
Ouch man. That's kinda what happened to me from dope even though it was tapered over 2 weeks, but the bone pain was concentrated entirely in my spine. There was absolutely no such thing as a mildly tolerable position for 2 days straight, Even laying down in bed, nothing would stop that pain, I had to constantly roll back and forth every minute, I'll never forget it; what a disgusting wreck I turned into, and then my aunt and uncle stopped by unannounced to see the house and how things were coming along in my garden. I had to try to play it off like I was ok. "Uh yeah, guys I have the worst flu ever, probably Bird Flu mutated and crossed over to humans, and on top of that I got cancer, a terminal case noless... would you believe it.... havin a bad day...."

BingeBoy said:
Tea is pretty bad but nothing compared to grounds , I never kicked a serious habit just a few months , tea i never have big trouble stopping although i feel pretty shitty with grounds it's the same but at least 2x as long

that fucking sucks.

i've only w/d'd from oxy, hydro, tramadol (shitty drug but the wds last for fucking EVER) and now get to look forward to coming off the tea. Thankfully, I haven't gone to the grounds but I know you use alot less... the taste & consistency is just too much....

Tramadol is speed. Stop taking that garbage, it'll kill ya. I'm gonna go play Dragon Quest VII now.

1. Heroin - felt like my eyelashes hurt, couldn't move/sleep/shower/do ANYTHING

2. oxy - similar to dope, but not as intense

I've only ever withdrawn from 2 opiates, several times each, coming off of varying doses - oxycodone and tea. The oxy kick was horrible enough, and pretty standard....i found the tea kick alot worse, because i was sick for almost 5 days, compared to 3ish for the oxies.

Tea withdrawl had all the usual horrors of wd's ive experienced, with the addition of a strange, continuous delerium like state(though i had a high fever, but nothing high enough to elicit such hallucinations on its own). This delerium was chock full of fear, paranoia, anxiety, extreme sorrow, and occasionally terror...so all in all it took the cake for shittiest.

anesthetized said:
Oddly enough i went back on methadone 3.5 years ago for pain management due too the fact it's the one opiate i can make last all month!!

So am I...I had a work-related back injury & it's developed into spinal stenosis & peroneal nerve disorder. I wouldn't be able to get outta bed without the methadone. I'm on a 'methadone maintenance treatment program' & I'm up to 3/10mg every 8 hrs, so it's 90 mg daily.
I stay nice & comfortable:\ & at night, I take xanax & klonopins for relaxing & sleeping. I'm in no pain with the doseage I'm presently on.%) :\

I've been addicted to Heroin, Oxycontin, Morphine and i've done hydrocodeine

I would have to Say H is the worst, then Morphine, and oxy is the least but all are horrible to go through. I cant sleep, always throwing up, always ethier to cold or to hot and you don't feel like doing anything or seeing anyone. My hats off to anyone that kicked H with no help.

^
I'll second that. Anyone who ever went cold turkey, especially after a long habit, got to give them major credit. Just get completely physically and mentally attacked. :( I only went through about about a day of WD's before I used suboxone :) so I never got them too bad, but I remember throwing up quite a bit when I was in the hospital WDing.

I remember reading a story on here about someone WDing while in prison one time, maybe written by blahblah?, that must be one of the worst experiences in the world.

David Crosby of Crosby, Stills & Nash [& Young], was incarcerated while kicking smack & crack simultaneously. Now THAT had to be 1 of the roughest withdrawals I can think of.
He made it, came out clean, put his career back on track & look at the old geezer now, huh? Major props to that man!!