• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters
From experience I cant really say because I never had a DOC with opiates. As long as it was an opioid and I had 3 fixes per day I was okay.
But from reading and seeing other people I will have to go with Methadone, as I hear it takes months to get over withdrawals.

Sh%@ man, I did Oxy's, Heroin, fent, u name it I had it... Mostly Morphine was the most available. Always had 30mg morphine sulphate pills laying around.. Little green, round jobbies.. Fixed right up and filtered good.. All I know is when I had to detox it was awful... Suboxone was easy. and the rest is history

1000 MG of morphine for pain relief?
Im no Dr. but thats a bit extreme for a pain management issue.. surgery would be called for at that threshold. Any pain felt from not having such a massive dose of morphine is withdrawal.. man that is a MASSIVE DOSE!!
A hospital ER will administer 5mg to an emergency patient that cant communicate their tolerance.
With me it was a $20 sack o smack or 30 MG morphine 3 times every day (unless I was partying.) =D I cant Imagine an injury that would warrant such a high dose to keep the pain at bay. Even an amputation.
I know a friend that was given 4mg hydromorphone post op after he lost his left leg at the knee.
If ones tolerance is that doggone high that they need 1000MG...

I just re read your post... I see what you were saying more clear now.. dont feel like deleting after all that typing so...... U were simply comparing the dosage vs. tolerance compared with methadone.. I see.
LOL!! I saw "1000MG morphine" and said WOW!! thats alot of dang dope!!

I do also know another pal... This is a big woman that gets methadone via a pain management clinic.. She is prescribed 500 20MG methadone every 30 days.. I shudder at the math. What that Dr. THINKS she is taking every day.. She does not take them all though, she takes 3 per day and sells the rest... And they dont last one day. Just a few hours and they are gone like yesterday. All she did to avoid the dreaded "pill count" was stockpile a 30 day supply just in case that happens..

Methadone. It's like groundhog day. I felt like I would have to get better to die.

Experience with oxycodone, oxymorphone, heroin (sniffed), heroin (IVed), and suboxone.

I'd say IV heroin is the worst, followed by Opana WDs, then heroin sniffed, oxycodone, and then suboxone. Sub is the easiest to taper with. If I had to go to cold turkey from everything then this might be higher up the list. It depends on how much you were using and for how long.

Sorry if this isn't appropriate to bring back an old thread but I was googling about worst meds to withdrawal from and I am completely shocked by Oxymorphone being the lowest on the list. This has to be attributed to not many people having a steady source of these, because my girlfriend and I (ex heroin users among many other listed) both intensely agree that oxymorphone was right up there with methadone and heroin, it has got to be because not a lot of people use this drug consistently.... again sorry for bringing this back up from the dead but I had to say something :S

I'm currently going cold turkey from Dilaudids using about 8-24mg daily sometimes more spread out and taken IV. I just moved an ocean away from where I was living about 6 days ago. Friday morning will be a week since the last time and it's only gotten worse. Extreme body aches, fever, chills, lightheadness, not to mention depression. I never was into pharmaceuticals until February of this year before it had only been "mdma" (I quoted that on purpose) once the garbage that was being pushed out began I quickly left doing it and only suffered heavy depression same with alcohol. What I'm going through now coming off a hydromorphones, I wouldn't wish for anyone. Especially now that I'm around family and have to play it cool. They just think it's severe depression that I moved. Luckily at first I had some tramadol and xanax to help but since the supply is running short I've cut back so my only hope is Tylenol Advil and ibuprofen. Kill me. Staying strong though.

So far methadone CT'ed at 90mg... atm been tapering subs (froml 8mg down to 2mg so far) has been smooth so far, gonna jump off at 0.4 or 0.2mg

Sorry if this isn't appropriate to bring back an old thread but I was googling about worst meds to withdrawal from and I am completely shocked by Oxymorphone being the lowest on the list. This has to be attributed to not many people having a steady source of these, because my girlfriend and I (ex heroin users among many other listed) both intensely agree that oxymorphone was right up there with methadone and heroin, it has got to be because not a lot of people use this drug consistently.... again sorry for bringing this back up from the dead but I had to say something :S

In the post above yours I mentioned Opana (oxymorphone) as being one of the worst. This thread was created back in 2005 when oxymorphone was only an opiate users wet dream and pretty much was only available in the hospital via injection or suppository known as numorphan. It's only been the last few years that it's become more widely available as Opana that people have gotten the chance to experience it, and have enough to get addicted with WDs.

There is no way to say or tell what the worst opiate is to withdraw from. In my younger days on dope I used to be able to detox in a few days with nothing to dull the pain. At age 40 I have to say that it depends on a persons age, health, length of time using and if they have chronic muscle pain or untreated depression. Gabapentin and Klonopin were the only two medications that got me through withdrawals, but I still struggle with Kratom use when I have pain, my hormones fluctuate(as a woman) and stress. The point is people here want to detox (I assume) so a poll like is useless to me at this point. I posted here a long time ago, but a couple of years later, all I care about is not being dependent on opiates or even an opioid agonist like Kratom! I wish everyone the best here, but just know that the colon has more nerve receptors than the brain, and those are the receptors that are affected by trauma and a host of other issues! Opiates calm those receptors, and it's no coincidence that an opiate based, non addictive anti-depressant has been fast tracked by the FDA! Check it out here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALKS-5461. May the force be with you all!

When I was hooked on fent I'd do a patch a day (100mcg) buccally, and snert as many OG yellow stopsigns as I could.. I'd said fent takes the cake for me by far.

Due to its intensity, high dose oral opium (large amounts of poppy tea).

Due to its duration, buprenorphine.

These are just the worst ones I actually have experience with.

When I was hooked on fent I'd do a patch a day (100mcg) buccally, and snert as many OG yellow stopsigns as I could.. I'd said fent takes the cake for me by far.

Damn, rip man. :( Was pissed to see your thread in the BL shrine.
Fentanyl mixed with as many opanas you could snort? :?

By far, the worst withdrawal I have ever experienced was when I was on 150mgs of methadone and was going through the pre withdrawal jitters, worried I couldn't get any more and I was searching my pants in the dark for cyclobenzaprine to help me calm down. I found what I thought was cyclobenzaprine in a pocket and took it. It turned out to be a Naltrexone pill that went through the washer and got deformed and felt about the same size of a cyclobenzaprine. After about 5 minutes I started feeling off, and by 15 minutes I was in full blown withdrawal. It was traumatic and I didn't understand that I went into precipitated withdrawal until the next day, I didn't know what to think.

I was projectile pissing liquid out of every orifice, mucous was streaming down my throat so thickly and intensely I couldn't breathe or swallow. It felt like my body was on fire (pain) and that doesn't describe the temperature fluctuations which almost simultaneously felt like I was overheating and freezing cold while being soaked in sweat and when I did manage to try to lay down my legs were literally automatically just licking around in the air. Words cannot describe how intense and almost cartoonishly intense it was. Probably scared the shit out of my room mates just crying and whining and vomiting and shitting so loudly. Every withdrawal I have had since is like a walk in the park but it still doesn't make them any easier. These are typical withdrawal symptoms and after that experience I got into IV usage and have had large habits with a bunch of different opioids and the severity of this surpassed any other withdrawal from any other opioid I have done.

I have since gone on Suboxone after failing to get clean for the past 4 years. I kept the dose somewhat low and am making sure to get everything done that needs to be done to take care of as far as restructuring myself and making amends with past trauma, behavioral and mental health issues. Hopefully this will ensure that I don't go straight back into self destruction. Dealing with the stigma of being an opioid addict and being thrown away and called a liar by everyone you reached out to for support is very disheartening but just being able to endure all of that disappointment and persevere will make me a stronger person, what would have been an justification to just go back to drugs is now just more motivation to keep growing and finding happiness without drugs.

Last edited:
By far, the worst withdrawal I have ever experienced was when I was on 150mgs of methadone and was going through the pre withdrawal jitters, worried I couldn't get any more and I was searching my pants in the dark for cyclobenzaprine to help me calm down. I found what I thought was cyclobenzaprine in a pocket and took it. It turned out to be a Naltrexone pill that went through the washer and got deformed and felt about the same size of a cyclobenzaprine. After about 5 minutes I started feeling off, and by 15 minutes I was in full blown withdrawal. It was traumatic and I didn't understand that I went into precipitated withdrawal until the next day, I didn't know what to think.

I was projectile pissing liquid out of every orifice, mucous was streaming down my throat so thickly and intensely I couldn't breathe or swallow. It felt like my body was on fire (pain) and that doesn't describe the temperature fluctuations which almost simultaneously felt like I was overheating and freezing cold while being soaked in sweat and when I did manage to try to lay down my legs were literally automatically just licking around in the air. Words cannot describe how intense and almost cartoonishly intense it was. Probably scared the shit out of my room mates just crying and whining and vomiting and shitting so loudly. Every withdrawal I have had since is like a walk in the park but it still doesn't make them any easier. These are typical withdrawal symptoms and after that experience I got into IV usage and have had large habits with a bunch of different opioids and the severity of this surpassed any other withdrawal from any other opioid I have done.

I have since gone on Suboxone after failing to get clean for the past 4 years. I kept the dose somewhat low and am making sure to get everything done that needs to be done to take care of as far as restructuring myself and making amends with past trauma, behavioral and mental health issues. Hopefully this will ensure that I don't go straight back into self destruction. Dealing with the stigma of being an opioid addict and being thrown away and called a liar by everyone you reached out to for support is very disheartening but just being able to endure all of that disappointment and persevere will make me a stronger person, what would have been an justification to just go back to drugs is now just more motivation to keep growing and finding happiness without drugs.

Opiates specifically oxycodone is the worse for me to kick. I want to be clean and my body healed from withdrawal but I think getting on suboxone is my best choice because I can't handle the withdrawal of pills. That's what keeps me chained. All the people I know who don't know what its like to be hooked on such a strong drug look down on suboxone. Im sure you've came across the meme.. of the zombie saying im clean bro im on suboxone. That pisses me off because suboxone is a life changing drug compared to pills. If I could just stick with the suboxone I wouldn't be spending all my money and hunting pills everyday.

Fentanyl was fucking brutal to come off. Admittedly hitting double figure milligrams most days may have been a slight contributing factor to the intensity.
6/7 hours after even the most massive of doses and I'd be drenched in sweat, puking, barely able to move through the agony that felt like the inside of my bones being chiseled. Ugh.

1)methdone/LAAM [2 years] Insane kick, I couldnt hack it went back on heroin

2)heroin [10 years] Insane kick but managable with the right detox

3)oxy/hydro pretty similar kicks [1 year habit] tough but I never really kicked I just was substituting for H

4)buprenorphine [2 years] mild, easy

Those are opiates I have been on for long periods of time and than kicked, others such as Fent. and Dilaudid I never used for long stretches just as substitutions when abusing heroin.

Methadone wins hands down I dont think you could find a worse opiate to w/d from, yuck

I used methadone to sort lifevout level out n then reduced to 60 that's within everyone's grasp. then break ur dose into pre sleep n day dose ur breaking the pattern of h high ur getting from mdone defo much easier to reducevslowly if u can hack the twiceca day half dose.

THEN REDUCE TO ,30 N GO ON DHC ULL NOT NOTICE DIFFERENCE!!!!!
it's great worked for me n mates. we started of 604-5 times a day then u start getting lax n forgetting once mdone wd is gone in background. each time u do without drop to 30mg in end I just take 30mg for chronic pain once at twelve n once at five so I can sleep

best comfiest wd ever! add loperamide, benzos(cycle em so u don't burn one out) buscopam too. dhc wears off leaving u loose at bum n blocked up higher up. buscopam n loperimide stop this tho

this is fool proof method of quitting.. c a private psych n c why u are broke only broke ppl seem to love brown. change number n it helps to score in diff town so ubdont get idiots knocking going we've both got 3.33 u throw in nnwe can all have pipe. omg I'm so glad I moved to my mums

Fentanyl was fucking brutal to come off. Admittedly hitting double figure milligrams most days may have been a slight contributing factor to the intensity.
6/7 hours after even the most massive of doses and I'd be drenched in sweat, puking, barely able to move through the agony that felt like the inside of my bones being chiseled. Ugh.

Damn, full-on withdrawal after only 6-7 hours? Oh fentanyl, the crack of opioids

Methadone, IV Dilaudid. Either will have you questioning your own sanity. I think methadone withdrawal left me traumatized somewhat, like PTSD. No kidding. It should not be allowed. God should not allow it to exist it's so bad, let alone doctors or institutions, it's plain cruel and unusual. Anyone that's been to a doctor in probably the most painful and desperate state of your life only to be told a line of ignorant, uneducated bullsh**: "Oh it'll only last a week or two" ( really a**hole?!?!, cause I'm on week 7 of methadone withdrawal and am starting to Crack, hell, I'm CRACKING and it isn't letting up!), also the "it's not life treating in its own sense so just tough it out, try a hot bath". That's when you've come closest to a ting on your urge to really try to rip someone's head off. Not life threatening huh? Neither are kidney stones or Acute pancreatitis but you don't send them home with a pat on the back. It's just unnecessary and doctors are so GD stupid, uninformed when it comes to opioids in general it's just pitiful.