• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Cold Water Extraction Thread

Well, I did a CWE last night on 6 10mg hydrocodones with 660mgs of APAP in each. Was easier then I thought. I decided I would transfer this to a baking dish and let sit over night, with a fan blowing on it and try the evaportation method. I think when I was transferring the liquid to the dish, I may have gotten a little APAP mixed in, but not much. Anyway, its today. The liquid is gone from the dish and there is a coating on the bottom. I scraped it out with a razor blade and put it into a container.

I assume this is all I need to do to prepare this so I can snort it later tonight?

Oh, btw, there sure is a lot of powder there. Well, nowhere near as much as if I would have just crushed those monster pills and tried to snort those. I dont know what I was expecting, but I never thought there would be that much hydro left over.

KemicalBurn said:

Holy shit that first line I did burned like hell. I didnt think straight Hydrocodone would burn that bad. Ive snorted Oxys before and they were nothing.

dude 60 mg hydrocodone is tiiny. the cwe extraction is not perfect. even if 2% APAP gets through, you still double the amount of powder

I just did a cwe on some vicodin and when I took it out of the freezer the whole thing was one frozen chunk of hydrocodone / apap / binders. Am I supposed to wait for this to melt now or did I fuck it up?

paradoxcycle said:
^You shouldn't have let it freeze. You need to wait for it to melt now.

I put some of it in a cloth and tightened it and squeezed some liquid out of it. Booted it and am sorta high now but I feel like I wasted a lot of the vicodin.

Oh well time to wait and let the rest liquify now, wish I could get some dope

I've been given some soluable co-codamol tablets because I'm not very well and they suck! Any way I can just get the codeine out of them?

I've read a few threads that say use warm water for CWE.
What could the possible benefit be?

Using a lower temp (room temp) prevents APAP from dissolving while allowing Codeine to dissolve. Then slowly reduce the temp and stir now and again until you're down to 1-2 Degree Celcius. Filter and use.

Probable answer...

Most likely they mistakenly assumed that a warmer temp. would be beneficial by making the tablets dissolve all the quicker. Obviously, IF that was their rationale, they misunderstood a very, very simple operation. You are right. The cold water is the only real way to do it because codeine is highly soluble in cold water, less as the temp. rises. If you want to separate as much APAP as possible, do it cold.

Use warm water then cool it down? That makes sense, the temp. drop would bring most of whatever APAP was in solution back out, and leave any codeine in solution.

Nope...

For that, all you need to do is seed your solution. Place a few APAP crystals into the solution and this will attract the majority of the remaining APAP.

nope again...

You don't want to freeze it although it is still very viable if you do.

the easiest cold water extraction (on pharm opiates) ever.

crush the pills and put the powder in a shot glass or whatever. Then fill it with hot water and stir well. Then put the glass in the fridge.
If you do it right, you can put the glass in the freezer and freeze the tylenol to the bottom with out freezing the opiate solution.

once the powder has settled, drink the liquid carefully and nod like a rock star!

so, does this one actually work? How many people can vouch for it?

I have a question. Can I IV the resulting codeine powder? If so...how much do you think it would take to get me high?

By the way, I'd be using ibuprofen for the pills. I didn't even know these had codiene in them...

Last edited:
^IVing codeine is completely unnecessary. its nearly 100% absorbed in your stomach. So i cant imagine what IVing would give - perhaps a faster buzz, but i dont think the instensity of it will increase.

dbighead2 said:
so, does this one actually work? How many people can vouch for it?

check page one.