Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is your life Motto?

"What do they know? They can all go get fucked, every one of them..." - Butros

So true... the human condition...

(I don't know how to quote properly :( )

my best friend and i would used this saying to give reason to some of the stupid shit we used to get up to:

"its all for the cause"

somehow this justification made everything alllllllllrighhhhhhhht.

Originally posted by Taliana
(starts singing

dont worry

be happy

lalallala

its all good.

hey, it's you!

hi :D

just one made up now: bit trashed but...

No time is wasted if its appreciated

Edit: how about
Live for today and everyone else to make tomorrow better

Last edited:
I would have a different one for every day of the week but my top three would be
"you buy the ticket, you take the ride"- Hunter S Thompson
"wallet...puffer...smokes....keys"
"shit.... has anyone seen my kid?"

ButrosButros_Grantos said:
^^^That's just something unlucky people say. I prefer to think of luck as a well.

It's something I say, and I consider myself fairly lucky. ;)

Originally posted by Negatory
"its all for the cause"

somehow this justification made everything alllllllllrighhhhhhhht.

That reminds me of the amount of dumb or inadvisable things that we have done "In the interest of science" :)

Originally posted by iamtha1
I wouldn't say I have a life motto, but I like to think achievements in this world come from persistence, ambitions and goals most of all, so I like this quote:

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not. Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not. The world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence, determination and hard work make the difference."

- Calvin Coolidge

No one lacks the talent, but some people lack the drive and that is the difference between successful people and those that aren't.

that's so true, talent without discipline and persistence is never enough.

i don't agree with the second quote though that "no one lacks the talent". i think that some people do lack talent in some areas but with a lot of hard work and determination they can eventually elevate themself to the same level as a person with natural talent in that area. that is, provided that the talented person lacks said discipline and hard work; which unfortunately is usually the case, and something that i've always found a very disheartening social phenomenon.

talentless people should give up, or find something they're good at. which, of course, is entirely imnsho, but i think it's true. still, like iamtha1 and dreamtime both point out, talent rarely makes up what can be achieved with hard work.

it's the combination of talent and hard work (mainly dedication) which makes a really brilliant person though (albert einstein, michael jordan, hunter s. thompson etc.).

Secret Agenda

An' it also means
Peeps Who Work Hard Pick Up The Slack.

"You only have one life so it is of the utmost importance that you have a long think about what you truly whant to do, and strive to make it happen"

onetwothreefour said:
life is far too complex to sum up in one nice little packaged quote.

I tend to agree. As much as I love a nice motivational quote, I can't say there's anything that pops into my head each day as a reminder to live my life this way.

" To fathom hell or soar angellic, just take a pinch of psychadelic:D" i dunno where i got that one from a friend said it once

My main life motto is that "life is too short to be worrying whether it be big or little things, so enjoy life and live it to full enjoyment before you cant enjoy it anymore"

"If life makes you scared and bitter, at least it's not for very long".

That about sums up my life view, more specifically:

"Even if every day for the rest of my life is worse than the last, you only get to live once so fuck it, keep pushing on".

Beauty is its own reward.

That was the realisation that turned me around and stopped me from being a miserable fucker living in my own 24/7 pity party...that there doesn't HAVE to be a point to beauty beyond it just being beautiful, and that we are massively lucky to be able to appreciate it. Sometimes when I get too wrapped up in my own shit I kind of use it like a mantra to remind me that even when life is sucky, I got to see some pretty awesome things and that made everything else worth it.

Yes, I'm a dirty hippy. :p

"No falls, no balls"
"No pain, no gain"

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be just the world"