• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What do people take the wrong way about you?

I have this weird thing where IRL sometimes people think I'm being sarcastic when I'm being totally serious and genuine! It's really odd.

It doesn't happen much anymore because I try to be really aware of how I say things, so as to not create the sarcasm impression...

people think i like them when i really don't. i have gotten really good at that skill lately.

^ well i think all u guise r nice :)

When I get to know people, I like to ask a lot of questions. I just like to get to know people, I don't want to waste my time talking with someone whose personality is blahh, so I like to learn things about them. People seem to think im just being nosy :| no i just want to get to know you! If I ask something too personal, tell me and I'll back off, but usually I think I have a good idea of what is appropriate and what isn't. If I like someone, I'll be friendly and joke with them, even if I don't know them well... some people find that weird (snobby girls who r too cool to meet new people, I guess)... but im just trying to be nice!

I think a lot of people think I'm kind of a snob, but I just have really bad social anxiety and don't really know how to act around a lot of people.

I think most people understand me, as I'm myself and never really hide anything from anybody. I seem to get on with everyone i speak with, so i dunno if i qualify for this thread lol

I view argument as sport, and don't pussyfoot around any subjects for the sake of not offending people. If you take a position on something, you should be able to defend it!

So because of that I think people can often see me as arrogant and stand-offish. I find myself giving the most respect to people who will engage quickly on a higher level, rather than exchanging inane chatter.

I get people thinking that I'm snobby or bitchy because I don't talk for the sake of making noise.
Or that I have no problems in my life just because I choose not to talk about them to people who aren't my closest friends.

im actually pretty blunt and to the point. people sometimes get offended and stand offish because they cant handle it. im actually a really nice person, and once they get past that its ok. i dont mean to come off in a bad way, but i guess i do.