• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

adulterants in heroin

strychnine is used as a flavoring agent
what? i thought that the existence of strychnine in any drug was a myth as it's a very strong poison....

lyXw33d said:
what? i thought that the existence of strychnine in any drug was a myth as it's a very strong poison....

It's a myth in most cases, but not with respect to heroin. Use your friend Google and you will be able to find any number of strychnine scares and confirmed cases in which users were admitted to the emergency room with a drug sample and it tested positive using MC/GC for strychnine.

Sad but true.

Fortunately, when anarchy descends upon society after oil prices spiral out of control and society is not prepared for the consequences of a rapidly dwindling supply of fossil fuels, we can all grow acres of poppyfields, raid chemical warehouses for acetic anhydride, and live happily off the land. A 6x6 plot for vegetables, a 6x6 plot for grain, and acres and acres of poppies!

/off-topic

sorry.

Strychnine myths...

There is one false myth with regards to strychnine...stychnine as in ingredient or adulterant in d-LSD. However, for reasons explained in my post, a large portion of #3 heroin does contain it. It is not a danger so do not worry about it.

Re: Strychnine myths...

rachamim18 said:
There is one false myth with regards to strychnine...stychnine as in ingredient or adulterant in d-LSD. However, for reasons explained in my post, a large portion of #3 heroin does contain it. It is not a danger so do not worry about it.

Right, if it appears in the tiny quantities in which it normally appears. But there have been some cases of poisoning -- very very rare, obviously, but they're out there.

Even if strychnine were in LSD, the active dose of LSD is so tiny compared to the LD50 (or even an active dose) of strychnine that it would be impossible to get an active dose on, say, a microdot or a blotter. But if you get your LSD from a capsule/pill/vial, I guess it could happen. But (unlike heroin) there have been no confirmed cases of strychnine + LSD.

In the midwestern region I am led to believe the most prevelant cuts are caffeine, phenobarbital, methaqualone, and procaine.

Has anyone ever used Heroin diluted with Scapolamine? I'm just curious because I have at least three times, and it sucks pretty bad. When you are looking for a Heroin high, and you get all cross-eyed, feel like you are half insane, edgy, and having some really strange realistic hallucinations, it isn't very cool. I was seeing this lady in my bedroom that had flesh dripping from her body. Heroin always gives me some pleasant dreams and dream-like visual experiences, but that was crazy.

what would be of most value: a cleanup procedure (which takes a couple of hours) or just the ability to see how pure it is. are there any adulterants that you want to screen for , in the sense that,when a certain substance is present, you will not take the drug?

A cleanup procedure would be much more valuable to me as it would be worth it personally. I have no problem spending a few hours on a drug I spent money on and I'm ingesting either way. So it would be nice to have the ability to see how pure it is but even better if I can clean it up myself.

see how pure it is...

there is just too many adulterants, it would be more useful to the average user to test a few dealers and their batches and see the purity....

i mean if you're getting 80% pure H, i highly doubt you need to worry about them cutting it with dangerous substances....

Piper methysticum said:
Has anyone ever used Heroin diluted with Scapolamine? I'm just curious because I have at least three times, and it sucks pretty bad. When you are looking for a Heroin high, and you get all cross-eyed, feel like you are half insane, edgy, and having some really strange realistic hallucinations, it isn't very cool. I was seeing this lady in my bedroom that had flesh dripping from her body. Heroin always gives me some pleasant dreams and dream-like visual experiences, but that was crazy.

i've found those little red specs in my dope many times, a long time ago. i didnt think the high was that edgy, but it definately was trippy/lotsa of double vision and cross eyedness(which i normally relate with nodding out)

personally i would only be interested in how pure it is

im not willing to go through the exhaustive process of making it pure, nor are there any common adulterants that have produced an unpleasant high (that i have experienced)

Did a bit of speculative googling about heroin adulterants in Australia - and came across this ripper of a course via the National Institute of Forensic Science website:
Novice Clandestine Drug
Laboratory Chemists’ course
Date: May 16-20, 2005
Course Outline:
The course will accommodate up to 16 junior
forensic chemists from across Australia. To qualify
for this course participants must be nominated by
an appropriate forensic service provider and have
completed a Bachelor of Science with chemistry
major or an equivalent qualification and have
operational forensic drug experience.
The course comprises five days’ intensive
training aimed at providing an understanding
of the synthetic chemistry and the application
of relevant mainstream analytical techniques
associated with monitoring and interpreting illicit
drug manufacture. Under expert supervision,
the course will provide trainees with first
hand experience in the synthesis of relevant
drug substances along with the analysis and
interpretation of key samples. This opportunity
will provide trainees with significant knowledge
and experience which will enhance and facilitate
their continued development as expert forensic
clandestine laboratory chemists.
This workshop is funded from the Federal
Attorney-General’s Department – National
Working Party on the Diversion of Precursor
Chemicals’ Clandestine Drug Investigators’
Training Initiative and managed by NIFS.

What can I say?????

Incidentally - it seems that a mixture of caffeine and paracetamol is the most common adulterant in Aussie heroin

Also incidentally - the Victorian forensics team claim to have detected an increasing number of samples of "Ice" that are mostly dimethylamphetamine. WTF is that shit?

More...

Axl: If you are talking about the American Mid-West, you are incorrect. Although the Mid -West is about the only place in North America where a person can find every type of heroin [in the N. American maroket anyway], you will not find any caffeine or phenobarb as adulterants. those two do wind up in # 3 heroin, but America does not have any market for that.

As of rthe poster that asked about Scopalmine, I mentioned it in one of my previous posts in this thread. From time to time it does show up but only in isolated cases [gratefully]. Back in the early 19th Cen. the combination [albeit in morphine, not heroin as it was not yet in existence] was quite popular [for a brief time]. In just the right porportions it can be a pleasurable experience for some. The thing is, in illicit conditions and with untrained people, it is a timebomb. In the isoalted cases that it has happened with regard to heroin, it has led to serious injury and death. Personally, I cannot imagine why anyone would seek to combine them but to each their own.

EasyE: While there is already a growing market for simple Marquis Reagent tests that offer a blue [or other response indicating negative] colored opiate result,there are none that I am aware of that offer a breakdown on adulterants/dilutents [either in presence or quantity]. It would be helpful but unless it offered a reasonable approximation of percentages,it would not be a big seller. The available do it yourself reagent tests are not a big seller. In fact, I have never even heard of a person buying one. Most users erroneously trust their judgement. I could see its utility in making purchases from a new source, etc.

If one could produce an inexpensive [relative term] test that did offer a breakdown, I am sure that it would find a niche. While there are clean up methods available, they are not often used because of the erroneous assumption that one needs some specialized training or experience in order to be able to do them correctly. However, if one were to devise and market such a system on a commercial level, it would ceretainly alleviate that sense of uncertaintly for most. That too would be a marketable item. If one were to combine both, a quantified test AND a clean up system in one package, I would imagine they would be wealthy before long.

Dankster: The red specs were discussed earlier in the thread. they are from an otc medication that some people mistakenly think will potentiate their product. It is common in Chicago.

Ayjay: A related substance. it is all good.

"A small number of the samples (2.4 per cent) contained less than l per cent heroin, as a result of being extensively adulterated or diluted with other substances."

OMFG imagine shooting THAT dope.

Well...

Sadly, I am old enough to remember when the average NYC bag rang in at less than 5% purity and NYC is the generally considered the best in the nation, decade to deacade...and all the old heads bemoan the "ggod old days..."

This paper was from 1992 from U.K. or something and lists all of the common adulterants found in street Heroin. I believe it hasn't changed all that much. You will, alot of the times find benzos as a cutting agent in street Heroin as Benzos do help potentiate the heroin a great deal.

97843.2.jpg

Last edited: