• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opium - Methods of Administration

F&B: Yeah It stinged a lot, but I figured using vinegar would be worse. I had to lay on my stomach for 10mins, shaking my legs or pushing my fists after injecting, but it never came out, actually it held me over as I was w/ding, and I used to plug 1st thing of the day after taking a dump (a benefit I don't have now I'm back on 200+mg OC a day), anyway it's good to know for future reference, the feeling the liquid was gonna "come out" was much more pronounced than when plugging for example H or OC diluted just in water.

Rachamim: I'm really looking forward to read (and watch) about your trip to Cambodia, the Opium I got was a gooey tar-like jelloish putty like substance, you could make a worm out of it using your fingers, some oil was stuck to your fingers and it stained, but making a worm manually was much more effective than trying to cuat a piece with a razor or pocket knife.
It was dark-brown, it was EXTREMELY sticky, it came from a source that had sold me Tar H that I doubt came from Mexico, so maybe it's some sort of experiment going on in the northeastern/northwestern , maybe even in the triple frontier (Argentina/Brazil/Paraguay) were a lot of illegal activities are done, you may know about that are due to the Hizbollah infiltration (and on a lesser scale Hamas, though nowadays on the Brazilian side are at least 10 different extremist groups), the stuff held me over when dissolved and plugged, and when vaporized, especially on the electric vaporizer melted to a liquid an bubbled till no more smoke came out, though the smoke was very thin, almost non-visible and had a weird aftertaste, not floral not "chemical", I'm under the impression it was an argentine kind of "kompost" or some morphine conatining product made from poppie latex for commercial use, maybe the same thing they used for the tar I had without being acethylized.

psychotiKK: I don't have my hi-resolution digital camera with me at the moment, however I took several pics with my camera phone (crappy 640x480) when I find a working usb cable for it I'll upload it (I have lots of crappy 30kb pics to upload)

Oh and to the guy who asked if I fished it out, the thought crossed my mind but I had more opium to experiment with so I kept my dignity on that one.

Young G...

I have no doubt that there would be some enterprising souls that would think to plant poppies in all of those poorly patrolled and often inaccesable areas. I know that if they are staring to grow coca in kenya and in former Soviet Georgia, it is a proababilty that poppies would be planted in non-traditional areas as well...they are not traditional to Colombia and look what happened thee just in 11 or 12 years!

Anyway, I am psyched about my upcoming trip. I have some things to take care of over there. Afterwards, it is off to Beong Keok and the "Lake." I will even hit the seedy guesthouses to check it all out. Things are wideopen right now and I want to experience it before either the yuppie tourists piss all over it or the authorities get smart [or rich since it is all related to their dire need of foreign revenue, specifically US currency]. Right now, it is very difficult to get popped for substances that would earn you a daytime execution in Bangkok.

Other attractive things, the cost of living. The aforementioned "Lake" is riddled with guesthouses that charge from 1 to 5 dollars [US]. the cost of a sit dow meal in a good resturant rarely exceeds 2.50 [US] and you can eat on the fly for less than a dollar. Transportation, just like elsewhere in Asia you have the motodops who rarely charge more than 75 cents [although there are no coins over there, change is handeled in Cambodian riels which right now exchange for about 5,000 to 1 US dollar.

As stated, I have never been to that country but from what everyone [that I Personally know that is] is telling me, it is right up my alley. I am going ona buisiness vias [25 US dollars] which will entitle me to a year in country, with multiple entries. If I actually do enjoy it, I am looking towards renting a house [less than 150 US per month]. You can live in grand style [ccok, maid if that is your thing] for less than 500 US per month. My pension is paid up at work so that I do not have to worry about work [losing my american job]. My finances are great so that money should be fine.

I will keep a detailed online journal with photos so that anyone wishing to, can live vicariously through me. I know there will be a alot of broken hearts when I post photos [attributed to SWIM of course] of a gram of #$ in rock form [straight off the Burmese 350 gram half units, no cut] for 15 US dollars! But at least it will be something to look out. Sadly though, I hear that local weed is now going for 400 US a kilo! 4 tears ago I am told that you could buy a 50 pound potato sack for 2 bucks at the Russian Market! things ARE going downhill...but then again that #4 used to be 100 US per gram there [no domestic market until about 3 or 4 years ago]! It will be a long wait until the end of August/beginning of September gets here!

Is it possible to inject opium? Or to simply process it in a manner to inject it? (Dissolving crack to shoot = simple. Making your opium into heroin = not simple).

I think I graced some kind of talk on this site about that before but I can't recall where.

I would be very interested to know what kind of substance psychotikk has... sounds exactly like the type of bullshit that's occassionally spread through my area.. people buy it and placebo themselves out of rediculous prices. It fits the descriptions people read, black/brown/tarry/flowery smell but is very far from the real thing - either that or it is cut so horribly that it's basically incense.

Does anyone have any information on what this could be? I think I may have a sample of this crap somewhere, and if there would be any way to test what it could contain, it might shed some light on this or future threads. This has intrigued me for a while - some people are making some money off this bullshit and I'd like to know what it is.

Replies...

Creative: Yes, it is possible to inject it but no recommended. During WWII, this country had 200,000 heroin addicts . within 5 years, by war's end, that number had plummeted to under 20,000 due to the lack of heroin. It was nearly impossible to import it as most of the pre-war stock had been diverted licit heroin out of shanghai and Tientsin [Japanese labs in China]. Except for a tiny bit of 3% pure heroin out of Mexico [practically garbage], people were in a bind. Many of those post-war 20,000 turned to injecting opium.

In addition, there are people that inject opium preperations, like the "Chernaya" and "Hanka" of the former USSR, or the "Braun" of the former Chezckoslovakia, or the "Kompot" of Poland. those preperations all require a bit of work and chernaya at least is acetylated a bit with glacial acetic acid so that it comes close to the definition of heroin.

Opium, without any work up, is very dangerous to inject. Most people will process their raw opium as they would when converting it into pod putty. You heat it just to boiling then reduce the heat. You strain it very fine, remove the sediment to a second pot, save the brownish clear liquid on the side. Take the sediment in the second pot, add water, heat to just below boiling, strain as before, combine that much clearer solution and combine with the brownish clear solution from the first culling. There are some minor inconsequential variations that some people add to that, but that is how opium is purified and condensed. Of course you would want to use a micron filter if you were going to inject that...or better yet, don't inject opium at all. In N. America and Europe we are blessed with actual processed opiate and opioid substances so that we do not have to risk our health.

The last post: It could be anything. The most common imposter is "Red Rock."

So there is nothing, besides sediment, to worry about when injecting opium?

I understand injecting other organic substances such as mushrooms (see "Injecting Extracts" for details) was harmful due to the organic proteins that you cannot filter out and are water soluble. Doesn't opium have these same proteins, or are these proteins what get you high (morphine, et cetera)?

Reply...

No. The sediment is a jumble of plant proteins and other insoluble junk. Still, with opium in solution, you do run a small risk of injecting various toxins. Also, there is the risk associated with injecting codeine but that is minimal since the percentage is always in the low single digits.

The stuff that "gets you high" are the psychoactive alkaloids.

Various toxins.... like morphine, codeine, thebaine...?

I don't understand this whole "risks" and "percentage" stuff. That's like saying "If you take a bullet between the eyes with the bullet entering parallel to the ground, you have an X chance to live" (yes there are headshot survivors, but none like that). Maybe a "people with high blood pressure are taking a bigger risk" kind of thing.

I understand the risk of injecting codeine but that takes an amount larger than what you'd receive when injecting a dose of opium.

Random...

Toxins like botulism, etc.

As for risk, with codeine the danger is minimal but still exists. Any mainlining of codeine is potentially life threatening, regardless of the overll percentage of the alklaoid. Rather than inject opium, I would administer it rectally and achieve much better results.

Random...

Why would the risk be low? If you are thinking that it would be due to the low percentages of target alkaloids, that fact does not lessen the threat of addiction. It depends on a person's overall consumption, pattern of consumption, and a range of other variables. I know more than a couple of people who have been addicted to "Hanka" and "Chernaya."

I mean't these people who had habits, as in regular use of IV opium, did they have any trouble?

I am under the impression that IV opium is an unsafe practice due to factors other than sediment. Surely, no one could keep a habit with IV opium?

Well...

To the last poster: So far so good...but alot of people do not like to gamble.

Creative: It is not a first choice. For the crude opiated preperations that I talked about earlier, they were a desperate alternative to actual opiates/opioids. Not alot of people would opt for injecting opium when faced with a choice between it and heroin.

Ah I see. I thought you were talking of opium IV addicts, in the sense that that was their drug of choice.

Please Don't IV Opium

Never met anyone personally, and I cannot find the link right now but I do remember reading a short article about poppy farmers that harvest the raw Opium in Thailand or perhaps Laos as a living. We know that these people have very hard lives and are quite poor, so of course many of them use some of the raw Opium themselves to escape their lives, and the article pointed out several used the raw product by injection. All they did was heat up the O in a spoon and mixed it with either a pinch of Lime or a bit of citrus juice, they used no filter and then IV'ed quickly before the mix cooled too much, due to viscosity issues I assume.
A few of the men had apparently been doing this for years, some of them for many, but the article did not point out if they had any health problems from their questionable practices.

I do also remember one guy that I used to know from another site that bled his plants and harvested a bit a raw Opium from them. For some stupid reason he felt the need to IV it, never allowing it to dry. He said he shot it up, and that it felt wonderful for about 15 minutes with a good rush, but soon he realized something was very wrong. (He did filter through a cotton, but of course we are talking raw plant matter along with the good stuff, so the cotton had little protective effect). For the next several hours he noted a strong reddening of his face and neck/upper chest area, difficulty breathing, shaking in his hands and arms, and a terrible pain due to overall body spasms. He said doing it was one of the worst mistakes of his entire life and he would never imagine doing it again or recommending it to anyone.