• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Interesting :)

I did notice the slight euphoria when snorting, probably related to the onset time, I just vaporised ~5mg and you could barely tell you were inhaling anything, same slight 'rush' from snorting i guess (not much of one but ya notice it) - instantly wide awake and focused. Hmm, also i've noticed like just now, my hands are extra steady and there's sort of a 'calm' 'dopamine feeling'

I think also it seems like the best stimulant i've tried for mental alertness/focus but totally lacking any side effects. It would probably be well tolerated if it was prescribed like ritalin/amphetamines, well, better tolerated and less 'abuse potential' (probably less long term damage too but i guess technically we don't really know, but then again most new drugs that come out we really don't know much about the long term effects). Gosh its like I can just barely taste that i've smoked a chemical in my mouth, but, .. kinda tastes good almost.

Duration is nice, it also seems to wear off so slowly I don't notice a "come down". Its there working and helping you focus and all but you don't feel its 'presence' in the body, heh, yaesutom, shut yo mouth, brotha! you ingested a stimulant and tend to type a little much =D .

idea's for new stimulants anyone?

I sat for hours like many times before playing with chemdraw, this is just a bunch of known stimulants (at least most if not all), you can rotate shit around and its kinda like how you can place most psychedelics on top of LSD and it'll line up,

stims18hx.gif

I don't know much about how to go about designing a stimulant, i drew another page of modified molecules just looking at the patterns from the other ones, probably some percent of the ones i drew would be active, but I really don't know the "rules" with this stuff when it comes to that.

But lets say, MDPV for example, there a known way or maybe just figuring it out, but if we wanted to make something similar, but maybe less selective (if thats required for euphoria?) and more euphoric, - maybe we'd have to make it less potent then, ahh who knows. I was going to say some more stuff but i'm getting tired and will pass out soon but i'll come back and post whatever it was if i remember :).

Last edited:
im having trouble transferring the chemsketch file onto the web. it looks shitty when i copy & paste it to paint, and i cant save the chemsketch file as jpg, because it doesn't work (plain & simple).

^^ yep your right just changed it %)

im having trouble transferring the chemsketch file onto the web. it looks shitty when i copy & paste it to paint, and i cant save the chemsketch file as jpg, because it doesn't work (plain & simple).

Yeah I use chemdraw and lately its been screwing up in wierd ways, i think in that one i posted it drew a white line down the middle, sometimes saving as a gif would just.. come out looking all fucked up for no reason, dunno..

Is 2-benzylpiperazine good for anything? I know that 3-benzyl-1-methylpiperazine is made in large quantities and used as intermediate for mirtazapine.

^^

Actually i'm not sure.. maybe I just read many times in forums about it possibly being a better stim than 1-bzp, so i dunno.. but it stuck in my head for some reason.

-- oh yeah, and does anyone know exactly what 2-aminoindan does? It's definitely active orally but only high doses, lasts a short time - I also read a report about someone IV'ing it (or maybe IMing it i forget) and getting quite a nice "rush" that was enjoyed.

I did read something on the net about it being a non-opioid analgesic, but I wonder what receptors it acts on etc.

i had 15mgs. woke me up, got me cleaning the house. about 2 hours later i felt like i was coming down. i got very agitated. smoked a cone, got no effects except for an intense desire to smoke another and then another and another. coming down hard so i had another 15mg. ah that feels better. sit in front of the computer writing music until two hours later i feel that comedown feeling again. its horrid. i dont want to sit down, but standing up makes me walk in circles. i dont know what to do with myself, as everything becomes instantly boring the moment i start at it.

i dont think i'll be trying this again soon. whilst i was stimulated it was lacking something that my brain just kept on crying out for and eventually this got to the annoying stage.

it was a nice drug until i started coming down. i've never had a comedown this bad. being uninterested in everything is not a good thing for me...

Well it seems like if i take the dose up too high, like 20mg, I get a really annoying feeling, like i'm very sensitive to stimuli, so if i'm sitting here it feels like little pokes around my body, all it is really is the hair on my arms or wherever moving slightlly - I don't notice it usually, but just the couple times i've taken higher doses of this stuff.

The body is still fine - no noticeable peripheral stimulation, just too much mental eventually, "feels wierd". I can take enough amphetamine to get me amped up more (well maybe d-amphetamine or meth, less side effects avoiding that horrid levo-amphetamine) and not feel that way.

It was early in the morning when I popped 20mg orally, got me going good thats for sure.. the annoying sensations weren't noticeable until at least a couple hours later when I was sitting at the computer (was up and doing stuff before that). I think it just takes a good 2-3 hours to really 'peak' (and the 7am 20mg dose lasted pretty much all day long maybe, its hard to really tell). Mentally wired as fuck. So I guess in reasonable doses its very nice for me, or the first time taking some after already taking some amphetamine earlier really got me going (without the annoying sensations)

Edit: forgot to add, I also felt a little bit of the same sort of "serotonin" dizzyness i'd get if i had taken an SSRI, isn't methylphenidate an SSRI somewhat? Its exactly what it felt like, that feeling that your serotonin levels are fluctuating a lot.

So lets say you got like, loads of theoretical money (no, i dont) or know someone who does, and they live in antartica and want to get a custom synth make of a nice stim. Maybe something thats already been shown to work in some way (if not in humans, maybe like this MDPV, just some info), any idea's? hehe. Off to sleepy I go.

Last edited:
WARNING - Name confusion!

WARNING! The name "MDPPP" has been applied to two different compounds. One of them has been discussed in this thead, and is also known as MDPV, aka 1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one, aka 3',4'-methylenedioxy-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-valerophenone. This is a ketone with a five-carbon chain.

However, there is also a similar compound, chemically identical except for the fact that it has a three-carbon chain. Its chemical name is 3',4'-methylenedioxy-alpha-pyrrolidinopropiophenone.
Link: http://amphetamines.com/mdppp/

The confusion results from the fact that propane (3 carbons) and pentane (5 carbons) both begin with the letter "p". The name MDPV is pretty umambiguous because the "v" stands for "valerophenone", another name for "pentanone".

These compounds likely have different dosages. The five-carbon compound, MDPV, is reportedly active at just 5 mg. I have no information as to the activity of the three-carbon compound.

Be sure you know which one you're working with!

In the interest of harm reduction I'm cross-posting this in other threads. Apologies in advance if this is considered bad netiquette, but I think harm reduction trumps other issues here.

Last edited:
How did things go with MDPV, yaesutom? Anything else to report?

Erowid has one experience report for "2-methylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)butan-1-one", (here) and they had added this note to the report:

[Erowid Note: 2-methylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)butan-1-one is the beta-ketone analogue of MBDB. Shulgin suggests the name 'Butylone' for this compound.]

I have searched for any references made by Shulgin to "butylone," but have found none, as of now. If anyone can point me to Shulgin's discussion of this topic, I'd appreciate it.

sorry if this is considered off topic, but does anyone have any first hand experience with (R)(+)-Diphenyl-2-Pyrrolidinyl-methanol???

over the course of 8 hours 200 mgs of MDPV was consumed. i didnt even realise that i had that much. i was smoking in a glass pipe and having lines. time went so fast but i can account for all of it, unlike with meth, where i wonder wtf i was doing. i started to get agitated towards the end, but that was just because i had run out of mj. as soon as i got some things turned much better and i was asleep by 11pm that night.

sorry if this is considered off topic, but does anyone have any first hand experience with (R)(+)-Diphenyl-2-Pyrrolidinyl-methanol???

Yes, it's a moderately strong CNS stimulant at doses of about 10 mg (a bit like methylphenidate) - it's the 5-membered heterocyclic ring analogue of pipradrol.

It's quite pleasant, very little peripheral action and next to no appetite supression. It'd be nice for people who don't have much to do with stimulants, but is way short of the mark if you're looking for a replacement for one of the amphetamines

Compound Kibinding Kiuptake Kibinding/Kiuptakeratio
Cocaine 0.12µM 0.20µM 1.67
(R)(+)-Diphenyl-2-pyrrolidinyl-methanol 0.04µM 0.17µM 4.25

This particular chemical is thought to be not very addictive because it is very good at occupying the receptor site but dos not do a very good job at inhibiting dopamine reuptake. Atleast this is the theory that persons working in drugs design have been using. I have head first-hand from somebody who has tried some of this chemical that it gave them no pleasure and that they felt no need to repeat the experience. The current DAT inhibitor featured in the thread title however does look to have alot more promise as a dopamine inhibitor.

moracca said:
Erowid has one experience report for "2-methylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)butan-1-one", (here) and they had added this note to the report:

[Erowid Note: 2-methylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)butan-1-one is the beta-ketone analogue of MBDB. Shulgin suggests the name 'Butylone' for this compound.]

I have searched for any references made by Shulgin to "butylone," but have found none, as of now. If anyone can point me to Shulgin's discussion of this topic, I'd appreciate it.
Shulgin didnt mention it in any public place.. it was a private exchange. i think its a dumb name for it too.

^ All this discussion of butylone/whatever isn't anything to do with the topic of this thread, which is MDPV.

Bilz0r, coulod we possibly have this cleaned up?

Has anyone else tried this one yet? Any more reports or anything?

How effective do you people think this drug would be for treating ADD or for use as a study aid?

Has anyone tried preloading / postloading with other drugs or supplements?

There's another report here that describes the effects closer to the other MDMA analogs, but I think that could just be from the person's expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.