• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one

Status
Not open for further replies.
marklar_the_23rd said:
over the course of 8 hours 200 mgs of MDPV was consumed. i didnt even realise that i had that much. i was smoking in a glass pipe and having lines. time went so fast but i can account for all of it, unlike with meth, where i wonder wtf i was doing. i started to get agitated towards the end, but that was just because i had run out of mj. as soon as i got some things turned much better and i was asleep by 11pm that night.

Thats absolutely ridiculous. U would have been absolutely gone. I have had 16mg in 6 hours and have been off my face. Are you serious or just lying. Cause I wouldnt recommend any dose over a tenth of what you said over eight hours.

This is a potent compound, I wouldnt recommend more than 10mg at a time.

But thats just my oppinion, u die if u want ,,, anyways up up and away...........

Charlie1900 said:
Thats absolutely ridiculous. U would have been absolutely gone. I have had 16mg in 6 hours and have been off my face. Are you serious or just lying. Cause I wouldnt recommend any dose over a tenth of what you said over eight hours.

This is a potent compound, I wouldnt recommend more than 10mg at a time.

But thats just my oppinion, u die if u want ,,, anyways up up and away...........

yes i really did consume that much. i find this stuff wears off me really quickly, and taking the same amount as the previous dose dose nothing, which means that i always up the dose. 15mg was a small buzz for me, so then 30 mgs was consumed, this hit the spot, but thats already nerly 50mgs gone. it wore off an another dose was taken, and so on and so forth. As i said, i was smoking alot of it. it was a very wasteful way of taking it obviously. i wouldnt do it again, but i just got the urge to smoke it, after reading that it was successfully smoked by others.

I constantly have to consume alot more than anyone else i know to get similar effects. meh

I've got to admit that 200mg seems way too much for the average person. My experience with 10mg admin. rectally was that it was too much, and I'm really fond of amphetamine (I've taken 400mg of recrystallized amphetamine sulphate over a 4 hour period before - admittedly while I had a large tolerance - and the feeling was about on a par with 10mg of MDPV taken rectally). I'll not doubt your personal consumption figures, but will say to anybody reading this thread - 10mg is a big dose when taken rectally, so 10mg orally, or 5mg nasally would be about the recommended dose for the average person. Don't exceed 25mg orally until you've obtained a good idea as to how you personally respond to this compound.

I found that the subjective feel was somewhere between amphetamine and cocaine (a bit like methylphenidate, but with more 'push') - rectal dosing (5mg) produced a lot more euphoria than 10mg taken orally

Last edited:
^^^^thanks for that, benzene.

a question for all that have sampled and found positive qualities.

now we all have heard that MDPV is notedly lacking in euphoria. that said, how many of you are now using MDPV daily?

for those so doing, dose and route of admin? anything else noteworthy?

Last edited:
^
but more euphoric than ritalin right? This stuff seems interesting , I have always thought of rit as more euphoric than coke , although tolerance comes on far too quickly (for the mental effects) , so how's the tolerance with this?

I found 5mg nasally to be less euphoric than 10mg methylphenidate same route, and with more side effects (mainly what has been mentioned: hypersensitivity and irritability towards the end).

Keep in mind though that I seem to have a special affinity for Ritalin and find it much more recreational than most people do.

THat is not to say that MDPV is without merit. I guess it can be used as a pick-me-up when nothing else is available (I hate caffeine). I also have yet to see how it affects learning and concentration, which seem to be its most useful properties.

I think I'll be trying it rectally...

Not wanting to stray off topic buy ritalin in widely abused so saying that this is unususl id not that accurate. I have never tried it personally but if somebody had some then it is the type of substance that could interest me.

I am aware that it is widely abused, but many people, especially on BL, consider it a "kid's" drug or whatever b/s like that.

Still, I do think that ritalin affects me stronger than most people, because I found 10mg to be more fun than, say, 30mg of crystal meth.

^
yep it's considered a kiddie's drug cuz kid's get their hands on it first (I read in someplaces they can sell up to 10 dollars a pill cuz it's exactly the same as coke when IV'ed or the rush is at least) but i like it a lot more than coke or speed (seems like the perfect cross-over)

also smyth , you seem like a smart chemistry person , could it be that ritalin has something psychedlic / not typical upper in it's structure?

Maybe that's what i like most about it , I get a sort of mdma like , self-changing high when i do it alone , and a more social high (than coke not e) with others.

I've since found that if you do take a bit too much, it leaves you with the sort of headache that I associate with high blood pressure. That fact alone will limit its abuse potential as it's a really annoying headache that doesn't respond to paracetamol.

I think its best use would be as mentioned by Jamshyd - as a pick me up; repeated dosage seems to amplify the unpleasant side effects. It also seems to be a very effective anorectic

fastandbulbous said:
It also seems to be a very effective anorectic

Thanks, I forgot to mention that as well. Matched only by phentermine. I can eat (and sometimes get really hungry!) on Meth or coke or any other stim. I've taken. But with Phentermine and MDPV... the thaught of food is nauseating, and since MDPV's effects are so subtle, the best way to tell when one is coming down is when one is able to eat again.

I also agree after yesterday's experiment with repeated dosing being a no-no, as well as the pressure headache. Not just paracetamol, but not even Aspirin or ghasp! diacetylmorphine could help!! Only after a night's sleep did it go.

[quote[I've got to admit that 200mg seems way too much for the average person. My experience with 10mg admin. rectally was that it was too much, and I'm really fond of amphetamine (I've taken 400mg of recrystallized amphetamine sulphate over a 4 hour period before - admittedly while I had a large tolerance - and the feeling was about on a par with 10mg of MDPV taken rectally). I'll not doubt your personal consumption figures, but will say to anybody reading this thread - 10mg is a big dose when taken rectally, so 10mg orally, or 5mg nasally would be about the recommended dose for the average person. Don't exceed 25mg orally until you've obtained a good idea as to how you personally respond to this compound.

I found that the subjective feel was somewhere between amphetamine and cocaine (a bit like methylphenidate, but with more 'push') - rectal dosing (5mg) produced a lot more euphoria than 10mg taken orally[/quote

Wow - yeah this stuff is wierd, when I first got it I was so hyped up and happy was raving about it on AIM or whatever whilst high as hell.

It seems orally is the 'least euphoric' / you don't hardly notice it come on, or feel it working, but something similar to this would make a great "ADHD" drug , another choice besides the amphetamines/methylphenidate - but what people have said when dosing too much or multple redosing I notice the 'overly sensitive' CNS stuff..

Anyway, i'll just add that it works perfectly fine smoked - vaporised some in a glass pipe and i'm immediately alert and focused, and there's a definite "rush" when it comes on this way - but definitely not cocaine etc.

I find it does mix GREAT with amphetamines though.. where just a smallish dose of MDPV added adds lots of mental stimulation/motivation.

I'm still in the grip of this stuff - I made a very, very stupid mistake and rectally administered 30mg rectally; I thought it was opium/morpine soln. The bottles I keep them in have a very similar appearance (the opium soln is just short of colourless - mixed opium alkaloids would be a better description and the label is only written on in pencil, so by not thinking, I ended up squirting a HUGE dose into my arse).

I don't think the rising tide of panic was too helpful after I realized what I'd done - basically a prolonged panic attack. After 5ml of GBL (I have little to no tolerance) I was calmed down a bit, but not so much as to take away the feeling that I might have another panic attack (5ml of GBL should have wiped the floor with me). When that started to wear off, I had 30mg of diazepam at 11pm and I'm still uncomfortably awake now (just gone 5am), but at least it doesn't feel that I' (too) likely to have a heart attack.

So for all you people out there considering this stuff - it is extremely potent, and like really large doses of speed/meth or coke, large doses are the 7th circle of anxiety Hell. It also totally fucked up a film I was really looking forward to seeing (Reign of Fire). Anybody careless with their use of this compound could very well be booking themselves a place in an A&E or psyche hospital. I have a reasonably high tolerance to amphetamine, yet it scared the shit out of me - I haven't had a panic attack for about 16 years now; considering the way the memory links objects with emotions (MDPV and overwhelming panic and fear), I'm pretty certain I'm done with it.

PS.

over the course of 8 hours 200 mgs of MDPV was consumed.

I'm sorry, but 200mg over an 8 hour period would put you in hospital. Without wanting to shout 'J'accuse' at your post, I can't believe you took that much without nearly dying/having a communal panic attack. Are you sure it was MDPV and not methylone, and/or are you sure of the weight you consumed as in my experience (and reports from others), 200mg is an extremely unpleasant ride, and doesn't let up at any point. It also seems to produce a very strange CEV effect at large doses - a bit like a cross between 2C-I/ other 2C-X's and MDA.

Be extremely careful before putting this stuff into your body - I can say with conviction that I don't want to see this stuff ever again

Last edited:
i recently tried mdpv and would have to issue the same warning which has been said before ( which i didn't take too much notice of )

i first tried it at about 10mg snorted ( and found it quite stimulating, briefly euphoric and a reasonably clean focused high . Even at 10mg it definitely increased blood pressure . For me it felt more like amphetamine sulphate ( without the euphoria , teeth grinding , bad comedown ) then ritalin . It definitely has good potential for simply keeping you wide awake and giving you added focus .

however i made the mistake of assuming ( well rather not giving credibility to what i had read of others experiences ) that 20mg snorted would likely have the same effect . It had the same effect but pushed my heart rate/blood pressure to the point i was sweating a huge amount and suffering serious anxiety . It also went from a calmness ( which i got at 10mg ) to a feeling of boredom/anxiety and a need to move around . More worrying was the chest pain ( which started 10-15 mins after the chemical was snorted ) and about 3 hours later mild thudding pain in what felt like my kidneys .

so i would have to say as others already have to be very careful with the dosage of this chemical , from my perspective the gains from higher dosage are negated by the increased cns stimulation . I would hate to see what 50mg of this chemical snorted could potentially do especially if combined with another stimulant. I have previous experience with the more traditional amphetamine based drugs and mdpv totally took me off guard in just how strong the cns effects are .

sorry for the slight rambling but just to make clear 10mg was taken over 24 hours before i tried a 20mg dose and no other drugs were involved ( apart from clonazepam which was consumed aprox an hour after the 20mg dose to avoid panic attacks ) .

Last edited:
The question what im really wondering about is whether excess cns stimulation could cause kidney pain or its possible that mdpv puts a large amount of the strain on the kidneys .

As it makes me uneasy using small doses even if there are no major apparent side effects if its possible i could be causing substancial damage to my kidneys over time .

does anyone have any theories around this ?

^ High blood pressure can cause kidney pain (did you find you were pissing a lot?), which is why the high blood pressure seen in old people is so dangerous. Once the drug is out of your system, your kidneys should be OK - it's only sustained high blood pressure that would be cause for concern

Damn!

Well I think this one will end up fading out with all the bad reactions people are having.

Wow I have a G tolerance and 5mL GBL would have me sleeping usually. The couple times I did take too high of a dose of this stuff I felt a "tingling" or "bugs on the skin" feeling, like an occasional small dot sized sensory.. "ping!" at some random spot on my skin. Some GHB did totally stop that.

Lately i've been vaporising some in a glass pipe and haven't had any problems (dunno why!), doesn't seem to last that long either this way, and really strange I haven't felt too "over stimulated" even if it seems as if I probably smoked a good amount.

Huh.. well it would be real nice to have an alternative decent stimulant available, as an "RC".

-- Anyway not that it matters but I have noticed some color enhancement with the higher doses, smoked especially (not sure why I haven't felt over stimulated smoking it), just an increase in contrast to everything.

The experiences reported above by mcbeef and F&B (who is certainly not the dumbest drug user) exemplify perfectly why I think that it's not a good idea to put compounds on the market which can be lethal in even modest overdoses, such as potent opioids like 7-OH-mitragynine.

Some time ago I posted a link to a patent according to with the toxicity of MDPV is quite low, with a ratio of LD50/ED50 at several 100's. So a high dose of MDPV might be unpleasant, but it's probably not fatal. We all know that this is not so with opioids.

Scarmani, you seem to be very familiar with 7-OHM. Do you know what its LD50 is?

C6H6, no, I don't know the LD-50 of 7-OHM.

[edit] After re-reading F&B's account of accidental dosing (as you say F&B is definitely someone who knows what he is doing when it comes to psychoactives, hard to think of someone better informed and more knowledgable), well, you have made your point. [/edit]

(bullshit follows)

--------------

The reports that MDPV can be unpleasant if taken in larger-than average doses illustrate that people should err on the side of caution when trying new substances.

But I am not sure they illustrate that MDPV should never have been made available in the first place.

Nothing is 100% safe. Else, life would be very empty.

7-hydroxymitragynine has been hypothesized to be the main source of the narcotic effects of Kratom. One might arguably extrapolate from the longstanding traditional use of that plant, and data from more widespread recent experimentation with it, to gauge the safety of its active compound.

To my knowledge there are no reports of death by overdose on Kratom.

It sounds like MDPV is reasonably safe from the standpoint of acute toxicological properties. But nevertheless any stimulant / any depressant will at some doseage level manifest peripheral effects.

If you drink 15x too much alcohol, you will suffer alcohol poisoning, vomiting, amnesia, unconsciousness.

If you eat 15x too much acetaminophen, you may suffer permanent liver damage.

If you eat 15x too much MDPV, you could experience dangerously high blood pressure.

And presumably, if you ate 15x too much 7-OHM, you could suffer dangerous, perhaps even deadly respiratory depression.

I would argue that the answer is not prohibition.

The answer is to educate oneself as much as possible, to be careful and thoughtful where possible, and be aware of the possible consequences of one's actions, both positive and negative.

Every individual is capable of making mistakes. And most anything of real value or meaning in life carries the threat of risk alongside the promise of reward.

But does that mean these possibilities should be cordoned off forever - out of bounds to all - because of their admitted potential to hurt?

This thread is about MDPV, and I apologize for taking it off-topic.

Last edited:
Well I do not really see Kratom alkaloids that have been half-baked in a laboratory as being a dangerous substance than anything else. A 14 year old died at a party after eating 6 OC without knowing what they were doing. Something like methadone is fatal to an opiate naive individual and that is shelled out daily to addicts. Presumably if 7-OHM becomes available it is hardly the type of thing that would be sold by the gram. It would probably come in a little research vial containing eg 50mg. From all the reports on MDPV it just looks like a compound that I would not like to tangle with. If I want a stimulant I think for the time being, id rather methylphenidate as a stepup from ephedrine. But seriously, if an entrepreneur wants to sell 7-OHM then they should be allowed to. They obviously feel passionately about it. Although I have different research interests that I am developing I can def. understand how I would be insulted if somebody said the compounds I was planning on developing should not be made available to sell because they are too dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.