• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How to heal track marks faster?

Cocoa butter is great for chapped skin too. It's a really great moisteurizer, but since it lacks antioxidants, it's not very good for free radicals. You can get cocoa butter prepared with Vitamin E, which is what I buy all the time. It will work very well if you are not looking for a lotion type product.

Always wait until the puncture wound is healed before administering it though, or you're risking infection.

Cocoa butter bonus: You positively REEK of chocolate. It's SUCH a good smell.

^^proper technique and cleanliness helps A LOT.
if you really don't want to risk horrible long term track marks ...take the time to do the correct methods
...pertaining to pre-, during, and post- injection.

Use your knowledge. Take care of your body.
It's a give and receive situation.

diacetyldeath said:
I'm assuming everyone knows the difference between track marks and scars.

Where I come from, "track marks" is slang for any visible sign of injecting, either immediately after injecting and longer term scarring. That's the nature of slang, I guess :\

take a knife, stab a cut so big that people will think ur a cutter and not an IV'er

ask yourself, which is looked down upon more in society? hmmmm?

No seriously, I have several permanent scars on my body, most of them not even IV related..... but put sunscreen over it everytime you go out, even if you are covering them. Sunlight is more likely to make it permanent.

IVing. I think due to the belief that is affects others, and your personality (you theiving cunt junky!) while cutting is just self infliced; people laugh at it and then stop caring.

"I also have a hard time with a new needle, since it's so sharp you don't get that little "pop" sensation when you hit a vein."

That's just gross. New needles buddy.

jesus CUH-RHIST !! Ive said this before,and I wont waste time , I will keep it short and sweet : track marks arent NECESSARY (at least with good quality H or Morph)
Find yourself a goddamn guru. take a lesson , Not from a NURSE , they suck. I could fix your vein in the DARK without tracking you . I gave myself 1000's of IVs and only marked myself a handfull of times ( and I can blame things like the TRAIN rocking on the tracks while I was i the bathroom for part of that shit ) . It doesnt have to hurt . swell, bruise, or show ! Shoot it like a zen archer. and apply SOME pressure INSTANTLY to the site, BE Delicate. Trackmarks are not red badges of courage. They are just BAD, get a masterful teacher and watch him/her fix you.

I am , I'm sorry to inform you, retired. phew ! also last tip all BRANDS of syringes are NOT equal. Cheapies and biggies DO hurt, and do mark you . I will admit that but get THE BEST and master it and you wont even FEEL pain and you wont have dumbass tracks.
I was a shortsleever (FACT ) until I got up to two syringes (milkshakes, you know what I mean ,?) every four hours round the clock ( yes it ended badly with me at 107 LBS instead of 130 to 133 LBS !!!)

Last edited:
I've only heard of BD and I think I saw walgreen's brand once.

Applying pressure goes a long way, that's a big one.

stillbeing said:
jesus CUH-RHIST !! Ive said this before,and I wont waste time , I will keep it short and sweet : track marls arent NECESSARY (at least with good quality H or Morph)
Find yourself a goddamn guru. take a lesson , Not from a NURSE , they suck. I could fix your vein in the DARK without tracking you . I gavemyself 1000's of IVs and only marked myself a handfull of times ( and I can blame things like the TRAIN rocking on the tracks while I was i the bathroom for part of that shit ) . It doesnt have to hurt . swell, bruise, or show ! Shoot it like a zen archer. and apply SOME pressure INSTANTLY to the site, BE Delicate. Trackmarks are not red badges of courage. They are just BAD, get a masterful teacher and watch him/her fix you.

I am , I'm sorry to inform you, retired. phew ! also last tip all BRANDS of syringes are NOT equal. Cheapies and biggies DO hurt, and do mark you . I will admit that but get THE BEST and master it and you wont even FEEL pain and you wont have dumbass tracks. iwas a shortsleever (FACT ) until I got up to two syringes (milkshakes, you know waht I mean ,?) every four hours round the clock ( yes it ended badly with me at 107 LBS instead of 130 to 133 LBS !!!)

May I ask out of curiosity what exactly compelled you to start practicing penetrating your prick in the dark for someone else? Do you ease the stick in, or needle-dick it with a shove? :D out of curiosity how far do u guys stick the needle in too....cause to me, the vein always looks way closer to the surface than it really is. thus i end up missing a portion of my shot.

Two ways. If your experienced, when you know your in, you register to double check. If not, a good thing to do is after penetration, pull back a bit. Dig around slowly but confidently. When blood comes in, your in. The pressure you created sucks blood immediately when piercing vein.

i have never seen a junkie that has used for years that didnt have noticeable tracks...despite using this or that, ther will be tracks if yer shooting 4-5 times a day..goes with the game..

stillbeing said:
....Find yourself a goddamn guru. take a lesson , Not from a NURSE , they suck....

i resemble that remark, but the only sucking this nurse does isn't for you to critique! ;)

im a venous goddess, although i do respect the guru's
seen more veins than you can shake needle to,
even more so being a chelation therapist,
....my IV and injection experience and technique is THE SHIT.

thanks and have a track mark free day.

Esourcer, I saw that coming from 1000 miles away . i was baiting a nurse to come fwd cuz I DO know SOME are very good ( I have no doubt yr a very good one , I hereby challenge you to a "draw"-- haha! but so many nurses are butchers and you know that !
Tongue. yes, but it doesnt have to be that way . look at my arms under bright light and you'll find one perhaps two small oval shaped depressions I am talking TINY(bring a magnifying glassif you dont have superb close up vision like mine) . and Kandy K , G*D Dammit , you rascal, I never shot INTO a penis , I only shoot OUT from one , ...spunk not junk ! and as for your veins. turrn off all music and sounds, sit quietly , room should be silent tilll you are later on a skilled shooter , then noise will never matter/distract you ... relax , .. the needle has to be angled into a non-rolling vein if youre a beginner, your sense of touch willl TELL you wehn the vein has been popped into , for chrissakes dont pop the other side of the vein passing through it and shoot your drugs deep into muscle itlltake you for ever to "get off"!!! needle has to go in and remain still. DONT bend it around in there at allll, you then gently let up or suck up a tiny red bloom of blood, if the bloom flows easily, you are in of course, now dont move yr needle's angle, slowly plunge in and see that there is no "hill" growing; if no hll it will now be going onto vein . slowly no w .. slowly , if you wanna be one of thos inand out suckers till youre then plunging nearly red liquid in at the ned go ahead I guess, Not my style cuz the blood in the syringe is dying and clotting as you do this (Nurse correct me if Im wrong ,) when done. there is a way to pull out steadily and apply a certain amount of pressure for a certain amount of time to the hit spot and *voila* there will be ( for H anyway, meth I dunno well) nealry no mark and the next day there will be no mark. PEOPLE have doubted me and I have proved them wrong every time . PS keep a zillion alcohol pads around and I floowed up alcolhol with fresh aloe vera off my plant when I had handy but its not required. I will NOT share my own removal of post shot needle or pressure technique with you or anyone unlessin person and that will never happen : I quit IV H many years ago. i dont even like to write about it but I want to give people some hope (after 1000s of shots I'm scarless) (and ina few pinches I even had to use old dull and even ..gulp--dirty needles and semiclean water ) ( I wasnt a DR., after all) I have never seen a nurse do it quite the way I do it . I feel my way is slighlty better than anyone's , But in the end I no longer fool with IV or hang with IVers and I would say once you go from thrill to boredom ..drop the damn needle and never look back , Take up meditation, or sports or other drugs, but dont turn into a quasi-rock star pincushion ! Kandy ?? The needle is the fang of your own bottomlessly hungry viper. Who Bites you ? You do ! I got into meth insulafating JUST recently, the charm is already wearing thin and I may drop it tomorrow !! The Needle takes longer to get bored with (it makes you feel like a masterful alchemist at first --and look in the mirror and cry later) so watch yrself ! take care all SB

Last edited:
technique is not innate in everyone. i guess you either acquire the skill. or not. which one's the lesser evil? meh

No one is born knowing how to slip needles into their veins to administer foreign chemicals. Everyone gets it over time.

I don't mind the tracks...it's the risings and bruises from missing...for those of us who aren't perfect and miss every once in a while.

I don't think it has been said, but some people take a long time to lose their markings. My ex gf was kinda ridiculous when it came to that. Fortunately she played hockey so she could blame bruises n such on that, a perfect alaby. For me on the other side, missed shots usually only leave their blemishes for a few days at most. I take vitamin A every day, however, and according to the bottles and my dermitologist, vitamin A works to boost your immune system, eyes and skin. That is an advantage that I really take to heart. IV drug use can be quite risky if you execute the consumption erroniously, as we hopefully all know.
I'm not absolutely certain the vitamin A is giving me some sort of robust healing abilities, but I do know my entry sites look and feel very much up to par. On top of vitamin A, my doctor prescribes me an antibiotic (minocyclene, for acne). The combination of the two seem to fight off unwanted visitors to my body quite well.

To relate to marks and bumps further however, if I skin pop and feel like it, as I've read many times here, a shower takes care of the swelling nicely. Practice of your technique is key however. The first times I tried to get the job done, I skin-popped like 15 times before hitting and I didn't even know I was doin it wrong until my gf did it for me(that was quite the gift). Firm but gentle while paying close attention to the orientation of the vein you are attempting to penetrate, as often you might just be pushing it aside or downwards. If you have poked deeply with no luck, it is probably best to pull most of the way out and try to re-align your tool with the pipe. I'm sure everyone uses slightly different angles, but for me, I like a bigger angle to break the skin and an acute angle, maybe 15 degrees or so, gently trying to join the flow of the pipe you wish to enter. Most of the time you know when you are in because you feel a small pop and a little blood enters your chamber, that's the cue to fire.
Making the process simpler makes your body happier... less holes, less poking.

On a side note... classes should be available for the curious experimenters out there. While I do not recommend people to start such habits, a lot of veins, skin, and overall well-beings could be saved by such heartfilled educational efforts.

Vitamin E creams and Aloe Vera direct from the plant always worked for me.....Th4ere is fuck all you can do abou7t bruises,except take more care,
;)

what area of philly is the needle exchange located? PA is a bitch, its illegal to buy needles OTC