• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How to heal track marks faster?

heres an idea, you could STOP SHOOTING UP maybe ? Hahahaha, yea... at least use a spot where people wont see it.... like your dick or something.

Shut the fuck up haz. Sorry to be an ass, but your input helps nobody.

Overall I'll just say that using new sharps every time is the best way to minimize marks. There's always going to be a mark; you're piercing your skin with a needle for fuck's sake. But there's a deep satisfaction in enjoying a rush while looking at the hole from which your needle just came, a tiny, tiny island in the sea of your skin. The best way to keep that island tiny is far and away to use a new sharp every time. The most I've ever used a sharp is 3 times. 2 times it tolerable, but when I did it 3 times I was like "fuck this." It's so much more traumatic to your veins, and when you don't use fresh rigs often it's easy to forget just how much sharper they are and how much easier they go in.

:( darn just when i thought i was actually making progress...

A similar question to the original but IV Subutex. I have been as careful as possible in filtering and being sterile as possible with new gear every time. Unfortunately, I am begining to notice that veins are very hard to find. I don't like digging around as I find that very unreliable. I have been at this for about two months or so and I am giving it up for my arms sake.

Regardless, I don't think I collapsed any veins, but I think I have clogged some to certain extent. I have a few hard bumps under the skin and I am wondering if anyone has experience on these healing over time. I would love to have back solid vascularity and I can only hope that these spots will heal. Any experience with this is much appreciated as are any suggestions on helping the healing along if they will in fact heal.

Problem

i had a job interview the other day, so i put a cigarrete out on my main track mark, it's done a good job at covering up.

JihadJack said:
i had a job interview the other day, so i put a cigarrete out on my main track mark, it's done a good job at covering up.

I totally did that once and now I have a shitty scar. Seemed like a good idia and didnt hurt for shit when I was on the dope... Afterwards was a different story.

speedball_racer said:
I am posting this because I IV a lot and have had this problem on and off. Earlier this week, on Weds and Thurs I IVed a bundle of dope on each day taking between two and four bags (usually three) for each shot. So that I must have injected about eight times total in the same spot over two days (I know the dangers of wearing out a spot but I am nearly out of places, it's the neck next...) and I got up today and noticed that you cannot tell that I have been hitting this favorite spot of mine at all. It is the crux (inside) of my left elbow. In fact it is barely even sore, which it normally would be after such an assault on my favorite spot to "hit". By using proper technique and the right equipment I was very pleased to have such success in hitting this spot so many times so rapidly. I usually have to give that spot a rest after four or five injections within a few days time and find other, much more difficult spots to hit. Proper IV technique is so very important, I only wish I had known about and taken seriously this issue earlier in my shooting days.

So how did I hit it eight times, probably piercing the skin at least ten times to find the vein and not leave any marks? I used 29G1/2 needles and used a fresh one each time.

I find that using a fresh needle for every single poke and using good technique along with a fairly fine gauge needle helps reduce track marks.

I know this won't help the OP in the immediate sense but I thought I would share this info here anyway.

--speedball
I was at a friends the other day and they were shooting methadone,I did not think you could do this,I tried it and did not miss,I got high but my arm is still red and sore.I usually slam meth.could it be a particular ingriedant in methadone that caused this?I've been slamming meth for 5-years and I have never had a bruise last more than a day or two.This was 5 days ago and it looks worse.I only did one hit?

^
was it the syrup if so all those sugars and colorants could have caused an allergic reaction.

otherwise it's a histamine reaction , have you ever injected heroin or morphine? The first will just make the place where the needle goes in horribly itchy if i dont rinse the tip before injecting and the second will make my arm kinda flushed and itchy for a while.

I would think getting a tan on your arms would make the track marks or needle holes less noticeable. If your arms are hella white people will be able to see the marks better than if your arms where black or tanned tanned.

RE: how to heal track marks faster.

I found a great way to heal them. I stopped shooting up, and quit using dope! Track marks are the least of your worries. Ever seen someone who has collapsed most of their veins? Or wound up with AIDS, or HEP C, Not to mention good old "Cotton Fever". Quit while your still alive! I'm guessing heroin is what you are shooting(or maybe coke, or meth) Either way, don't wait til you've lost everything, or wound up dead in a gutter somewhere cause some dope fiend robbed you, and you tried to fight back just to prevent your 'fix' from being stolen, and you end up shot or stabbed!

FUCK THAT BULLSHIT!!!:X

Dicetylmorphine said:
30g are my preference, like Creative, 29g to 30g makes a world of difference. I just have really sensitive skin, all around, not just for shooting. 30gs are hard to come by in this area though, there's only one exchange 30-45 minutes away, and it's hours are pretty awful. They have 28g-29g, not very consistent, etc. There isn't much you can do about it. Not legal to buy OTC here.

You know your username is spelled wrong right? I was trying to think of a reason you would have spelled it that way but I dont know. Diacetylmorphine FYI!

Im surprised no one mentioned mederma. I always swore by it, and got a bunch of people into using it. It really seems to speed up the process and make them less noticeable. Ive tried the vitamin e and neosporin, didnt help me too much.