D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you like the opiate itches?

well?

• yes

Votes: 606 66.8%
  • no

Votes: 301 33.2%

• Total voters
i don't really get em. only when i do a high dose of oxy (100-120mg for me) do i get them a little bit. that should be a choice: 3. i don't get them

Mmm the pod itches are nice. Make some tea, the itch is the first thing that lets me know I'm about to feel great, then I scratch all day while rambling about in a warm bliss, scratch until the red marks cause confused looks, scratch until I spend all night in and out of a nod just scratching and drifting through my senses, barely getting any real sleep but waking up feeling fantastic.

When it's gone I do miss it, the whole thing and the itch is part of it...

Bummer

I don't get itching too bad from heroin or oxycontin. But I get intensly annoying itching all over my body on codeine. I'm currently nursing a sore and mutulated foot due to excessive scratching after shooting buprenorphine. Always on my left foot in the same spot. I'd post a pic if I had a camera. Can certainly understand the Kurt Cobain line " I got so high I scratched 'till I bleed":|

Get itchy just thinking about codeine. Cant believe people like it :p

Give me sneezing any day :)

it's possible to not be allergic to oxy and hydro but still be allergic to codeine right? because the only time i've taken codeine i got insanely bad itches and my eyes puffed up so i'm thinking i'm allergic to it.

How does anyone like the opiate itches, it totally sucks. Sometimes i get them so bad it keeps me from going to sleep, i just don't see how anyone could enjoy them

Bring them bitches on. However as others have noted it seemed to be a fleeting feeling once my tolerance got over about 50mg. Ohh the euphoric itchy state I would be in, just layed the fuck out (not nodding, just enjoying the first itchy rush).

Had my first "proper" codeine high lastnight... no itchiness, just extreme drowsiness.

blahblahblahblah said:
yea love um actually. breaking out a steak knife or a sharp bristle brush and scratch myself till I sigh...
lmao. they should just turn us all into dogs, and hand feed us oxymorphone and fentanyl all day long.

or better yet, just do sneak attacks on us when we are taking doggy nods and spike us in the viens.

lmao. they should just turn us all into dogs, and hand feed us oxymorphone and fentanyl all day long.

or better yet, just do sneak attacks on us when we are taking doggy nods and spike us in the viens.

What the fuck?

Haha.

no! the only good thing about it is that it usually tells me that its a really high/strong dose.

other than that, i always scratch too much, then wherever i scratch, it's always dry/red/raw for the next few days.

lotion lotion lotion

Yes I like the scratchy mcgratchys.... as long as im not standing up in my boxers using both hands to scratch each leg, then buttcheek, then chest, etc

yeah im not a fan of them.. especially on my nose/face i just cant stop scratching it

im sure everyone thinks im a junkie if they see me outside

skylined said:
When I first started using opiates, it got really annoying. Now I am really used to it and it feels more like a tingling sensation than an itch. :)

Oxycodone does it the worst for me as well. When I was doing alot of herion the itchiness faded away, but now since i don't do nearly as many opiates as I used to I get them pretty bad. The whole flakey skin under and on your nose thing is the worst. I've also had expieriences where I've scratched so hard I've drawn blood. That's when you know it's time to take a break. Really pretty.
Even still my worst looking day on opiates is still a hell of a lot better looking than most normal days for meth heads.

Love em. Although it seems absurd because I hate being itchy any other time it is so enjoyable to sit back and scratch away while on oxy. Sometimes they do bring me back from a heavy nod but it always brings a smile to my face when I realize the state of pure joy I was just in and that after I scratch for a moment or two I will return there. Really makes me enjoy the whole experience.